Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul cook 10:33 - Mar 1 with 1490 viewsalfie2002

Phil do you know if Cook’s appointment is a mutual decision between Evans and the new investors?
Paul cook on 10:34 - Mar 1 with 1474 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul cook on 10:37 - Mar 1 with 1414 viewsSwansea_Blue

Joe, who seems pretty clued up on a lot of these things, thinks it's likely. (And Phil too by the looks of the tweet above).

It'd be madness if it wasn't. The new investors are obviously talking to Evans, Phil reports talks with Cook are at an advanced stage. It's also reported that the new CEO/DOF is talking. Having been in a couple of major restructurings and startups in the past, I'd be very surprised if the plans haven't been discussed by all.

I'd be very disappointed if they haven't too. I'd like to hear that the incoming owners and their exec team are well and truly behind the appointment. Otherwise we could just be creating trouble for ourselves.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 10:39]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul cook on 10:43 - Mar 1 with 1305 viewsxrayspecs

Paul cook on 10:37 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

Joe, who seems pretty clued up on a lot of these things, thinks it's likely. (And Phil too by the looks of the tweet above).

It'd be madness if it wasn't. The new investors are obviously talking to Evans, Phil reports talks with Cook are at an advanced stage. It's also reported that the new CEO/DOF is talking. Having been in a couple of major restructurings and startups in the past, I'd be very surprised if the plans haven't been discussed by all.

I'd be very disappointed if they haven't too. I'd like to hear that the incoming owners and their exec team are well and truly behind the appointment. Otherwise we could just be creating trouble for ourselves.

Likewise.

There is a high degree of choreography in business acquisitions.

There would also likely be terms in the agreement between the investors and ME that ME can not make any major decisions without their prior agreement. The manager is one of the biggest decisions a club makes so all parties need to be happy with this appointment.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 10:44]
Paul cook on 10:51 - Mar 1 with 1195 viewsRegencyBlue

Paul cook on 10:37 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

It would be a monumental own goal by all concerned if they were not!
Paul cook on 10:59 - Mar 1 with 1116 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul cook on 10:43 - Mar 1 by xrayspecs

Likewise.

There is a high degree of choreography in business acquisitions.

There would also likely be terms in the agreement between the investors and ME that ME can not make any major decisions without their prior agreement. The manager is one of the biggest decisions a club makes so all parties need to be happy with this appointment.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 10:44]

If Evans is serious about selling Town, it would be mad to appoint a new manager without their agreement. I'm still wondering who, if anyone, is paying Lambert his £2m, or if Town are simply going to keep paying him until he get a new job (probably never).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Paul cook on 17:58 - Mar 1 with 781 viewsDerryfromBury

Paul cook on 10:59 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

If Evans is serious about selling Town, it would be mad to appoint a new manager without their agreement. I'm still wondering who, if anyone, is paying Lambert his £2m, or if Town are simply going to keep paying him until he get a new job (probably never).

your last paragraph ref PL settlement. That would be the normal process, continue with PL on the payroll until such time he starts a new job, then negotiate a final settlement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024