Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? 14:10 - Apr 8 with 5560 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'll start.

Some customer service training for the stewards.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 14:57 - Apr 8 with 2148 viewsjeera

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 14:47 - Apr 8 by TIB

They need to get a local firm involved don't they?

With maybe 2 -3 of their own pumps on the go.

We just need to come up with a local firm...

Any spring to mind there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:05 - Apr 8 with 2130 viewsGuthrum

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 14:16 - Apr 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Coors Light?

Pawtucket Patriot, surely, given their connections to that place?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:11 - Apr 8 with 2116 viewsTIB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 14:57 - Apr 8 by jeera

They need to get a local firm involved don't they?

With maybe 2 -3 of their own pumps on the go.

We just need to come up with a local firm...

Any spring to mind there?

Not a bad shout to be fair Jeera...just can't think of any!?!

In all seriousness, I believe the club are tied up until 2024 with GK. It was nice of Brett to like my LinkedIn post so he's aware of Away Days, but I just can't see any scope for me to be allowed in whilst pouring rights are with GK. One day though I will see a pint of Away Days served in the ground!!! Got to keep believing!!!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 15:12]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:13 - Apr 8 with 2105 viewsfooters

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:11 - Apr 8 by TIB

In all seriousness, I believe the club are tied up until 2024 with GK. It was nice of Brett to like my LinkedIn post so he's aware of Away Days, but I just can't see any scope for me to be allowed in whilst pouring rights are with GK. One day though I will see a pint of Away Days served in the ground!!! Got to keep believing!!!

What about the Fan Zone, can you not serve in there either?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:14 - Apr 8 with 2098 viewsJ2BLUE

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 14:56 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Popcorn and hotdog people walking up the stands

Giant foam fingers

GET IN THE GOAL every time we take a shot. Which to be fair, at the moment, probably wouldn't wake up the Sir Alf lower more than once per game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:16 - Apr 8 with 2091 viewsTIB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:13 - Apr 8 by footers

What about the Fan Zone, can you not serve in there either?

I believe it all falls under one license. Won't hurt to ask the question again though. Even having a couple of lines on in Fan Zone would be amazing!!!

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:21 - Apr 8 with 2056 viewschrismakin

Can you get a licence for outside on Portman road?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 2069 viewsSitfcB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 14:26 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

Are you going to a football match or a food court?!?!

I always think this. The ‘refreshments’ available are what they are and at the end of the day we’re going there to watch football not for a three course dinner.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 2069 viewsTIB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:21 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Can you get a licence for outside on Portman road?

Just before lockdown the council were really helpful and were allowing me to run a pop-up pub event in the town hall. That's as close as I've got and is an option once covid allows, but actually outside the ground, normally involves a temporary events notice and they consider the impact it could have...football + beer genuinely rings alarm bells but not discounting an Away Days beer lorry.

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:28 - Apr 8 with 2063 viewsFixed_It

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:24 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

I always think this. The ‘refreshments’ available are what they are and at the end of the day we’re going there to watch football not for a three course dinner.

This, sitters, is why you are not going to be appointed as our new Marketing Manager. Embrace the opportunities that change brings...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 2046 viewsnoggin

Vocal fans moving to SAR Stand.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 2031 viewschrismakin

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:24 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

I think you want to make it more about a day out eaher than just a football match. Especially for families.

Kids meals etc would go down really well throughout . Add more to a matchday rather than just 90 minutes.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:58 - Apr 8 with 2014 viewsjontysnut

I was at Chesterfield a while ago and while the main kiosks had the usual contracted Carlsberg/Strongbow/Smooth they let in a small local brewery to have a couple of separate hand pulled beer points.

Also pre-order half time beer. Buy ticket before game exchange for ready poured pint at half time
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:12 - Apr 8 with 2001 viewsMeadowlark

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:58 - Apr 8 by jontysnut

I was at Chesterfield a while ago and while the main kiosks had the usual contracted Carlsberg/Strongbow/Smooth they let in a small local brewery to have a couple of separate hand pulled beer points.

Also pre-order half time beer. Buy ticket before game exchange for ready poured pint at half time

Yeah... I was at an away match somewhere last season where they had hand pulled ale inside the ground. Burton?
And at Sheff Wed (I think) they were serving an "Ipswich Town" beer! Obviously just a generic local beer with a new clip, but a nice idea nevertheless, and of course I had to try one - or two!
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:29 - Apr 8 with 1978 viewsIpswichKnight

You could turn part of the fanzone into a local companies only area ( as well as have local food and beer sections)

Pedestrianise the whole of Portman Road area on match days and turn into a mini Suffolk show for local vendors, we could have a Phoenix Rising and Helsingor merchandise area as well as having ITFC in the community area and ITFC ladies area too.
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:31 - Apr 8 with 1972 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:29 - Apr 8 by IpswichKnight

You could turn part of the fanzone into a local companies only area ( as well as have local food and beer sections)

Pedestrianise the whole of Portman Road area on match days and turn into a mini Suffolk show for local vendors, we could have a Phoenix Rising and Helsingor merchandise area as well as having ITFC in the community area and ITFC ladies area too.

Good shout. Not sure the council and plod would buy into pedestrianisation of the area. But I like the idea of the different Merch areas.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:33 - Apr 8 with 1968 viewsGunnsAirkick

Apart from the obvious on the pitch:

- Safe Standing areas.
- Cashless payments in all areas of the ground.
- Make sure it doesn't take all of half-time to get a pint and food.
- Bin off that Greene King swill and get Adnams back.
- Get some other food and drinks options in (better coffee, hot wings and half decent burgers?)
- Give the stadium a deep clean and lick of paint (I know some work has been done on this, but it still looks ropey).
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 16:34]
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:39 - Apr 8 with 1953 viewsIpswichKnight

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:31 - Apr 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Good shout. Not sure the council and plod would buy into pedestrianisation of the area. But I like the idea of the different Merch areas.

Plod would hate the idea! I think you could persuade IBC that it would increase footfall in the Town as a whole and encourage interactions with local businesses. We should be aiming to get as many people as possible to interact with the club as possible and if we aim to make that area THE place to be on Saturdays we’ll get more fans in and make more money for the local area.

Of course if we win games as well it will help!
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 16:57 - Apr 8 with 1930 viewsjeera

I fear we may have very different ideas on what constitutes a 3 course dinner.

Coffee and donuts ffs!

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:01 - Apr 8 with 1921 viewsjeera

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:28 - Apr 8 by Fixed_It

This, sitters, is why you are not going to be appointed as our new Marketing Manager. Embrace the opportunities that change brings...

Not hard is it?

Better products = more sales = more cash into the club = better run/more scope..

And thus ultimately better on the pitch.

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:03 - Apr 8 with 1920 viewsBluespeed225

I tried to get involved with pre match music twice back in 09-12’, both times given polite message back saying it wasn’t ‘something they felt would work’. I might give it another try! Mind you, I had suggested an under The North stand pre match disco 1.30 to kick off, just bangers all the way, warm up the crowd a bit so the atmosphere was up from the get go instead of after the half time beer had settled in. The thought of getting punters in to buy their beer and grub obviously didn’t appeal.
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:39 - Apr 8 with 1886 viewsSitfcB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 15:32 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

I think you want to make it more about a day out eaher than just a football match. Especially for families.

Kids meals etc would go down really well throughout . Add more to a matchday rather than just 90 minutes.

Yes making a day of it of course, but go out for food before/after the game.

If you want that in the ground then go to corporate.

COYB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:51 - Apr 8 with 1855 viewsjeera

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:39 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

Yes making a day of it of course, but go out for food before/after the game.

If you want that in the ground then go to corporate.

It brings in money!

That's the whole point.

Under no circumstances would anyone in their right mind not take advantage of having 20,000 people shut into their venue.

This isn't complicated stuff Sitters.

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:59 - Apr 8 with 1850 viewsStewart27

Not watching the early sky game in the north stand working mans club whilst watching a tv that my parents would have been proud of in the 70s.
What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 18:06 - Apr 8 with 1845 viewsSitfcB

What things would improve the 'match day experience'? on 17:51 - Apr 8 by jeera

It brings in money!

That's the whole point.

Under no circumstances would anyone in their right mind not take advantage of having 20,000 people shut into their venue.

This isn't complicated stuff Sitters.

The stuff they sell at the moment brings in money, they always sell out of a lot of things, no need for it to be over complicated.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024