Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. 17:02 - Dec 21 with 6701 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

..how many realistically would listen to him and not see family?

After everything that’s gone on with their secret parties and having us locked down last minute last year after all that sh** about how we can save Christmas in the months leading up to it, only to cancel Christmas yet again last minute.

I just wouldn’t yet again not see family come Christmas Day. I’m sorry if that makes me a c**t but it’s Christmas ffs and I’m triple jabbed now. We’re only in this mess because of those who haven’t had the vaccine but that’s not my fault, nor my problem. And I absolutely doubt I’ve even in the minority having seen twitter today.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:58 - Dec 21 with 1309 viewsSWLondonBlue93

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:03 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

This has to be wrong. You don’t lockdown based on London

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/new-restrictions-england-avoided-hospital-admi
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 21:04]

Surely won't be as simple as that, but London is useful to watch in that it has the highest proportion of Omicron, hospitalisations going up there, case numbers have been sky high but no longer look like doubling every day 2 days.
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:59 - Dec 21 with 1300 viewsElderGrizzly

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:55 - Dec 21 by J2BLUE

You might if London is ahead of the rest of the country.

The demographic of London is very different of course, but nothing this Govt does appears to make sense.

Lets hope we can avoid a lockdown on 27th, as it will mean the data is proving the variant to be ‘milder’ than modelled
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 22:00]
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 22:01 - Dec 21 with 1283 viewsElderGrizzly

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:58 - Dec 21 by SWLondonBlue93

Surely won't be as simple as that, but London is useful to watch in that it has the highest proportion of Omicron, hospitalisations going up there, case numbers have been sky high but no longer look like doubling every day 2 days.

London also has a significant unvaccinated population and higher density of population.

It will clearly be a metric, but it shouldn't be heavily weighted
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 22:02 - Dec 21 with 1280 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:32 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

Stop referring to him as Boris. He’s not your mate. You didn’t call Blair “Tony”.

In fairness, people are having to come up with identifiers that get through the swear filter which isn’t easy.

Speaking of which, has anyone got this. I always look for personal recommendations before splashing out 59p.
[Sorry Phil/Gav if the language is too fruity. We need an after watershed sub-forum for dealing with this lot].

The metal mix is rather good.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 22:25 - Dec 21 with 1250 viewsStewart27

No. I wouldn’t listen. It’s irrelevant now as we’re allowed, but I won’t be changing my plans after Boxing Day if they come in.

I’ll be triple vaxxed and testing daily and will be with people of the same ilk.

Lock the anti vaxxers down and let the rest of us get on with it.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 22:51]
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 22:39 - Dec 21 with 1225 viewsTractorWood

It's alleged that 90% of hospital beds are taken up by the unvaccinated. It's probably time to consider a different approach for them.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 23:16 - Dec 21 with 1173 viewsfactual_blue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 22:39 - Dec 21 by TractorWood

It's alleged that 90% of hospital beds are taken up by the unvaccinated. It's probably time to consider a different approach for them.

How about they pay the full cost of their ICU treatment?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 23:19 - Dec 21 with 1160 viewsfooters

The Isle of Man might have space for those unwilling...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 23:45 - Dec 21 with 1137 viewsSarge

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:17 - Dec 21 by Swansea_Blue

And the TWTD 38% seemingly. I’m surprised so many on here have reached the point of giving up. I’d like to think people would realise 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but seemingly not. And maybe it’s unfair to blame people for being selfish when they continually see the government being selfish. It’s another reason why this government isn’t fit to govern and needs to go.

Or maybe we stop calling people who have given up everything for 2 years for the exclusive benefit of other people selfish. Particularly if those people are vaccinated (largely for the benefit of others) and test themselves. Meeting five covid-negative people in your own (covid-negative) home does nothing to fuel the spread of covid but if a blanket law is passed then suddenly these people become selfish. People do actually have a degree of self-responsibility and are able to judge and mitigate risks without having to be told to. Blanket laws are there because it’s too difficult to include all the caveats, not because they’re better.

I’d love to know how my family being apart last Christmas despite none of us having covid helped stop the spread. But better that than to selfishly get together and spread the virus that we didn’t have.
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 05:19 - Dec 22 with 1071 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 23:45 - Dec 21 by Sarge

Or maybe we stop calling people who have given up everything for 2 years for the exclusive benefit of other people selfish. Particularly if those people are vaccinated (largely for the benefit of others) and test themselves. Meeting five covid-negative people in your own (covid-negative) home does nothing to fuel the spread of covid but if a blanket law is passed then suddenly these people become selfish. People do actually have a degree of self-responsibility and are able to judge and mitigate risks without having to be told to. Blanket laws are there because it’s too difficult to include all the caveats, not because they’re better.

I’d love to know how my family being apart last Christmas despite none of us having covid helped stop the spread. But better that than to selfishly get together and spread the virus that we didn’t have.

I mean this post is just wrong on every level.

For starters you haven't "given up everything for 2 years" and the restrictions aren't "for the exclusive benefit of others."
You realise being vaccinated is for the benefit of YOU initially?
You also can't guarantee the 5 people you're meeting are 100% covid free.
And as we've seen, lots and lots and lots of people don't have a degree of self-responsibility.

Honestly, and I wish I could say this in a nice way, but you're totally wrong. And I appreciate it's probably born of frustration. But you and your family and your Christmas aren't special. We're all in the same boat.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 08:20 - Dec 22 with 1009 viewsElephantintheRoom

Think you'll find the majority are applying a bit of common sense and pay very little attention to the incompetent blatherer, who really only speaks for England on health matters anyway.

This time last year I knew very few, if any people who had Covid - at this moment in time I know quite a few, including family - and all of them are having to adjust their Xmas plans accordingly irrespective of what is or isn't allowed according to the compulsive liar - so despite him trumpeting no new restrictions - common sense and the majority of people having a consicence will compensate..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. (n/t) on 08:57 - Dec 22 with 973 viewsAlexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:28]
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 09:50 - Dec 22 with 890 viewsitfcjoe

Everyone's situation is different - I work with my Dad and sit in an office with him a lot of every day. My Mum has my kids 1 day a week and does school run on another one......my in-laws are away so my family Xmas involves seeing the people I see on a daily basis anyway - a mile away from my house. All the adults are triple jabbed.

Obviously some people are in very different situations so may need to use their judgement - but I'd have been using mine whatever the announcement was.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I might start calling him..... on 10:08 - Dec 22 with 855 viewsEdwardStone

I might start calling him..... on 19:51 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

The Bo-Lock

He is referred to as "Fluc" in this household

Fat Lying Useless C ** t
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 10:52 - Dec 22 with 815 viewsmikeybloo88

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 05:19 - Dec 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

For starters you haven't "given up everything for 2 years" and the restrictions aren't "for the exclusive benefit of others."
And as we've seen, lots and lots and lots of people don't have a degree of self-responsibility.

Honestly, and I wish I could say this in a nice way, but you're totally wrong. And I appreciate it's probably born of frustration. But you and your family and your Christmas aren't special. We're all in the same boat.

I disagree... I don't think Sarge was saying let everyone do what they want as everyone has a degree of self responsibility, we know that isn't true. I think he's giving a valid reason why some would have defied a ban on indoor mixing. If 6 people, all triple jabbed weeks ago and tested negative everyday for a few days in a row, cannot meet in a ventilated house...then just when can they ever meet and what was the point of rushing to get boosted if not to be able to enjoy some form of sensible social contact and keep business going. If we just wanted solely to avoid pressure on the NHS we could have just locked down.
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 10:59 - Dec 22 with 805 viewsPinewoodblue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 10:52 - Dec 22 by mikeybloo88

I disagree... I don't think Sarge was saying let everyone do what they want as everyone has a degree of self responsibility, we know that isn't true. I think he's giving a valid reason why some would have defied a ban on indoor mixing. If 6 people, all triple jabbed weeks ago and tested negative everyday for a few days in a row, cannot meet in a ventilated house...then just when can they ever meet and what was the point of rushing to get boosted if not to be able to enjoy some form of sensible social contact and keep business going. If we just wanted solely to avoid pressure on the NHS we could have just locked down.

Sarge was basically saying the same thing as Boris, putting the onus on the individual to behave responsibly.

Not going to work, hence the need to mandate after Christmas.

Parliament can’t be recalled until 29th December so presumably if we are looking at mandatory restrictions they will come in from that date

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:14 - Dec 22 with 771 viewsStokieBlue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 10:59 - Dec 22 by Pinewoodblue

Sarge was basically saying the same thing as Boris, putting the onus on the individual to behave responsibly.

Not going to work, hence the need to mandate after Christmas.

Parliament can’t be recalled until 29th December so presumably if we are looking at mandatory restrictions they will come in from that date

Apparently that's not true about Parliament.

It can be recalled immediately, within a day apparently. It's won't be but it is possible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:31 - Dec 22 with 729 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 10:52 - Dec 22 by mikeybloo88

If he'd just said that he'd have a bit more of a point. You're rather helping him out by saying "tested negative everyday for a few days in a row" because he didn't say that.

The rest, as I highlighted, is wrong. For example, he hasn't "given up everything for 2 years" and the restrictions aren't "for the exclusive benefit of others." These are the comments of someone making up stuff/exaggerating because they don't want to follow the rules anymore.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:32 - Dec 22 with 728 viewsSarge

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 05:19 - Dec 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I hate to break it to you but nothing you or anyone else has done for the last 2 years has been of benefit to me. Keeping me ‘safe’ from something that’s not a risk to me is not a benefit. I got vaccinated against a disease that is not a risk to me in order to stop it spreading, not to protect myself.

We need to come to a consistent view on testing. Either it’s good enough to tell you whether you have covid or it isn’t.

The point was my family is not an exception, rather that there were millions of covid-free people having a sh1tty Christmas last year who, had they decided to be together, would not have been selfish for doing so because they’re not spreading anything.
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:36 - Dec 22 with 718 viewsjeera

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. (n/t) on 08:57 - Dec 22 by Alexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:28]

Not so much fake news as a common misunderstanding or just a lazy take. It is a common slip of the tongue but fair enough to want to distinguish between the difference of hospital beds and those in intensive care:

"The latest data from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC) covers admissions in the months of May, June and July 2021. Page 45 of its report from 3 December shows that about 73% of intensive care unit (ICU) admissions with Covid involved unvaccinated people (2.6% of whom had received one dose of a vaccine less than two weeks before testing positive). About 20% were fully vaccinated."

A lot of people would know what they meant though and should not try to play-down the message.

For the record Hilary is an absolute tw*t and sat there on camera advising people to gargle with garlic water for pity's sake in its early days.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 11:48]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:36 - Dec 22 with 717 viewsMonarchOfTheGlen

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:32 - Dec 22 by Sarge

I hate to break it to you but nothing you or anyone else has done for the last 2 years has been of benefit to me. Keeping me ‘safe’ from something that’s not a risk to me is not a benefit. I got vaccinated against a disease that is not a risk to me in order to stop it spreading, not to protect myself.

We need to come to a consistent view on testing. Either it’s good enough to tell you whether you have covid or it isn’t.

The point was my family is not an exception, rather that there were millions of covid-free people having a sh1tty Christmas last year who, had they decided to be together, would not have been selfish for doing so because they’re not spreading anything.

I reckon Celina thought there was no risk to him too.
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:37 - Dec 22 with 716 viewsHerbivore

You are aware that anyone can get long Covid, including you? If you're young and healthy you are unlikely to die from Covid, though it's not impossible either, but you can suffer some quite unpleasant long term side effects.

If your general point is right, that people are capable of being sensible and taking precautions and making their own decisions about what's safe, than why is it that without restrictions being imposed we see cases spike? Having been down to England when mask wearing was no longer mandatory and seeing how few people were choosing to wear masks, I don't share your view that people are capable of judging risk and taking sensible decisions.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:38 - Dec 22 with 709 viewswkj

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:37 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

You are aware that anyone can get long Covid, including you? If you're young and healthy you are unlikely to die from Covid, though it's not impossible either, but you can suffer some quite unpleasant long term side effects.

If your general point is right, that people are capable of being sensible and taking precautions and making their own decisions about what's safe, than why is it that without restrictions being imposed we see cases spike? Having been down to England when mask wearing was no longer mandatory and seeing how few people were choosing to wear masks, I don't share your view that people are capable of judging risk and taking sensible decisions.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-target-celina-out-with-heart-prob

Young, and covid related.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:42 - Dec 22 with 697 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"I hate to break it to you but nothing you or anyone else has done for the last 2 years has been of benefit to me."

You can't possibly know this, unless you're a hermit who never goes out and interacts with others. You seem very confident about things no-one else in the world can be 100% confident about.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 11:43 - Dec 22 with 688 viewsStokieBlue

"something that’s not a risk to me"

I'm sure the tens of thousands of people in your age bracket suffering from long covid would disagree it's not a risk to you.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024