Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke sack MO'N.... 10:24 - Aug 25 with 5664 viewsITFC_Forever

Next manager likely to be Dyche, Allardyce, Pulis, T-Rex, Stegosaurus or some other dinosaur.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:33 - Aug 25 with 1709 viewsclive_baker

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:21 - Aug 25 by jeera

Quite, and lots of pretty villages dotted around the county and Lichfield under an hour away.

People are a bit too quick to dismiss entire areas based on their own limited exposure.

Saying that, I've not been into Stoke so my opinion is based on the pretty villages (and Lichfield)!

Stoke is awful, to be honest. I was in audit for a few years so got sent to so many sh1t towns and I have to say, it's up there amongst the worst. As you say, like anywhere you don't have to venture too far to find somewhere nice though. Not sure I would join the footballer set in those Cheshire villages myself, always seem a little Footballers Wives. I would probably go NE from there myself towards the Peaks, but that's just personal preference.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 1693 viewsTractorCam

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:09 - Aug 25 by Superblue95

The past 3 seasons has seen Stoke finish 15th, 14th and 14th.

Reminds me of us for most of our championship days

They were one of the best supported sides in the Prem, their attendances have dwindles more and more each year since then. All very familiar.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:39 - Aug 25 with 1672 viewsVic

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 10:28 - Aug 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Something wrong at the club you suspect, just hasn't worked for him and he is a decent manager. They've had some good managers recently and nobody seems to be able to turn the tide.

sounds very much like us from 2004-2021

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:41 - Aug 25 with 1668 viewsjayessess

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:36 - Aug 25 by TractorCam

They were one of the best supported sides in the Prem, their attendances have dwindles more and more each year since then. All very familiar.

It just isn't sustainable long-term to tread water as a football club without attempting to change things up.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:51 - Aug 25 with 1642 viewsMullet

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:09 - Aug 25 by clive_baker

Crouch used to live in Alderley Edge as well. Lot of the United and City players live around there as well given it's proximity to Manchester.

Yeah loads of Liverpool and Everton too. Think it was Andy van der Meyde who got his house done over whilst on an away trip.

Delph was over there until recently. Whether they keep their houses or not presumably depends on the family situation.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:55 - Aug 25 with 1622 viewsMullet

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:12 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Keano lived there, and probably still does after his stint in Woodbridge.

Thought he was Hale Barns/Bowdon. He rode past me on his bike once in the sticks not far from there. He also had that altercation with a taxi driver in Altrincham.

Not that scum like me often gets close to footballer land or their ilk. I'm further into the badlands of South Manny.

Morrissey gets about around there too, unfortunately I've never had the pleasure or the privilege.

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:03 - Aug 25 with 1603 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:21 - Aug 25 by jeera

Quite, and lots of pretty villages dotted around the county and Lichfield under an hour away.

People are a bit too quick to dismiss entire areas based on their own limited exposure.

Saying that, I've not been into Stoke so my opinion is based on the pretty villages (and Lichfield)!

I went to university in Stoke was there 7 years in the end

I can confirm it was then and is still now, a hole.

Staffordshire itself is though as you say lovely. Leek is very nice, Stone too.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:18 - Aug 25 with 1577 viewsPhilTWTD

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:55 - Aug 25 by Mullet

Thought he was Hale Barns/Bowdon. He rode past me on his bike once in the sticks not far from there. He also had that altercation with a taxi driver in Altrincham.

Not that scum like me often gets close to footballer land or their ilk. I'm further into the badlands of South Manny.

Morrissey gets about around there too, unfortunately I've never had the pleasure or the privilege.

Was definitely Alderley Edge as he put it up for sale when he came down here. I don't think it ever sold and he moved back there. Could be wrong on that though.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/property/take-look-inside-former-manchester
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:22 - Aug 25 with 1552 viewsMullet

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:18 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Was definitely Alderley Edge as he put it up for sale when he came down here. I don't think it ever sold and he moved back there. Could be wrong on that though.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/property/take-look-inside-former-manchester

I would not dream of questioning your real estate knowledge of ITFC managers or Alan Curbishley!

I know someone who saw him on a footpath with Triggs years ago and his response to a friendly hello was what Mick told some people to do!

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:31 - Aug 25 with 1546 viewsSitfcB

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:11 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

Sounds an ideal job for Mick to me. Seems they want Joey Barton, however.

Wanted to get on this when you said it, 20/1, couldn’t deposit. Now 5/2 ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:33 - Aug 25 with 1542 viewsTrequartista

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:31 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

Wanted to get on this when you said it, 20/1, couldn’t deposit. Now 5/2 ffs.

You can get stuff over the counter at Boots to help with this.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 13:33]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:56 - Aug 25 with 1504 viewsITFC_Forever

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:03 - Aug 25 by BlueandTruesince82

I went to university in Stoke was there 7 years in the end

I can confirm it was then and is still now, a hole.

Staffordshire itself is though as you say lovely. Leek is very nice, Stone too.

When were you there?

I was at Staffs from 1993 - 1996....

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 14:15 - Aug 25 with 1474 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:56 - Aug 25 by ITFC_Forever

When were you there?

Missed you by 4 years.

2000 to 2007 in Stoke 2000 to 2005 at uni Inc Post grad.

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 16:05 - Aug 25 with 1389 viewsallezlesbleus

I went to Stoke for a match about 1982, when I was a spotty young teenager.

I found a chippy and asked for plaice and chips. "We can't afford plaice around here" I was told, "you'll make do with pollock, like the rest of us"!
Stoke sack MO'N.... on 18:41 - Aug 25 with 1304 viewsjaykay

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 13:56 - Aug 25 by ITFC_Forever

When were you there?

make me laugh when people say stoke a dump, its the smallest of the 6 towns what make up stoke. that doest include newcastle under lyme . fenton and longton 2 of the 6 towns are great places.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 19:02 - Aug 25 with 1286 viewsjayessess

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 18:41 - Aug 25 by jaykay

make me laugh when people say stoke a dump, its the smallest of the 6 towns what make up stoke. that doest include newcastle under lyme . fenton and longton 2 of the 6 towns are great places.

football culture is terrible for regarding basically every other significant town and city in England a dump. There are message boards up and down the land saying the same sh1t about Ipswich.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 22:02 - Aug 25 with 1204 viewsLesta_Tractor

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:55 - Aug 25 by Mullet

Always used to see a few Ferraris on the road near Bowdon Hightown Hockey Club

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 22:32 - Aug 25 with 1172 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 18:41 - Aug 25 by jaykay

Leaving 4 crap.

I had the pleasure of Shelton, Stoke and Hanley and none of them had many redeeming features.

Harry's bar was quality though, could drink in there till 2 am on a school night.

Newcastle Under Lyme is nice

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 23:46 - Aug 25 with 1126 viewsbuoyant

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:48 - Aug 25 by Lord_Lucan

How does someone go from getting sacked at Norwich to managing Borussia Mönchengladbach?

If they beat Bayern on Saturday they go top.

UTT

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:26 - Aug 26 with 1027 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sunderland given Neil permission to talk to them over the role. Sunderland forum in meltdown and well worth a read

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:28 - Aug 26 with 1023 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:33 - Aug 25 by clive_baker

Stoke is awful, to be honest. I was in audit for a few years so got sent to so many sh1t towns and I have to say, it's up there amongst the worst. As you say, like anywhere you don't have to venture too far to find somewhere nice though. Not sure I would join the footballer set in those Cheshire villages myself, always seem a little Footballers Wives. I would probably go NE from there myself towards the Peaks, but that's just personal preference.

Best football fry up of my life was at Stoke away.

We were desperate for a fry up after drinking from the first train out of Romford at about 7am. Ended up trying a Stoke cafe with Stoke flags and banners etc. Even the Staffa peons were Stoke. We went in with my Ipswich coat on almost out of pure audacity and the naivety of alcohol inside us. Loads of the customers seemed abit unimpressed but they served us and it was absolutely superb. No idea what the cafe was called but it was excellent. And that ends the tale of the Stoke city fry up. If anyone wants further detail feel free to PM me for more on this groundbreaking story.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:16 - Aug 26 with 994 viewsRedX

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:26 - Aug 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Sunderland given Neil permission to talk to them over the role. Sunderland forum in meltdown and well worth a read

That's a really odd one. I can understand how the Sunderland fans must feel. Gaining promotion and a bit of stability and then the manager is probably looking to leave. Definitely problems with the owners up there.
Stoke sack MO'N.... on 12:51 - Aug 26 with 971 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:26 - Aug 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Dyche would be the obvious candidate wouldn't he?

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 14:37 - Aug 26 with 900 viewsITFC_Forever

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 22:32 - Aug 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Leaving 4 crap.

I had the pleasure of Shelton, Stoke and Hanley and none of them had many redeeming features.

Harry's bar was quality though, could drink in there till 2 am on a school night.

Newcastle Under Lyme is nice

Shelton has Zarkas for post-boozing munchies.

But still wasn't a patch on Royal Valley in Stoke town centre, just by the Wheatsheaf.

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 14:40 - Aug 26 with 895 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stoke sack MO'N.... on 11:58 - Aug 25 by Guthrum

Happily.

Didn't he also get a 5 year contract off them not long before they sacked him? (Not that we are guilt free on that score - thanks, ME.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024