Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening 09:59 - Sep 10 with 1316 viewsKeno

its both fascinating and rather "mystical" isnt it

Its oddly out of place in 2022 and yet so very 'British'

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:01 - Sep 10 with 1289 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Yes, quite interesting seeing all of those former PMs stood about chatting - very bizarre seeing Brown and Johnson looking like chums.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:04 - Sep 10 with 1275 viewsKeno

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:01 - Sep 10 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Yes, quite interesting seeing all of those former PMs stood about chatting - very bizarre seeing Brown and Johnson looking like chums.

In fairness they have known each a long time and probably are quite friendly

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:15 - Sep 10 with 1259 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone heading down The Cornhill tomorrow.

https://www.ipswich.gov.uk/content/public-invited-proclamation-king-charles-iii-

It really is how News spread centuries ago.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 10:17]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:55 - Sep 10 with 1192 viewsChurchman

I found it fascinating. Even the newest bits are 100s of years old
The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:59 - Sep 10 with 1170 viewsFrimleyBlue

It really is fascinating, almost feels like im watching the history channel in UltraHD.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:04 - Sep 10 with 1159 viewsFrimleyBlue

And in true 2022 fashion, every single person there, arms up, phones out. ffs can't people just live in the moment

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:05 - Sep 10 with 1162 viewsKeno

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:04 - Sep 10 by FrimleyBlue

And in true 2022 fashion, every single person there, arms up, phones out. ffs can't people just live in the moment

its what Queen Elizabeth would have wanted

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:19 - Sep 10 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:04 - Sep 10 by Keno

In fairness they have known each a long time and probably are quite friendly

Every living former Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition in attendance.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:39 - Sep 10 with 1060 viewsBlueBadger

I for one, can't believe that we've made a man into queen. This woke nonsense has gone too far.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 12:44 - Sep 10 with 989 viewsRyorry

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:19 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

Every living former Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition in attendance.

Missed that - Corbyn was there? Oh to be a fly on the wall of the pub/bar where all that lot had a drink together afterwards!!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:04 - Sep 10 with 969 viewsSitfcB

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 11:04 - Sep 10 by FrimleyBlue

It’s fooking shît. Fair enough take a picture to show you were there and then phone away. Record it on TV to watch back, the best video you could get of anything!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:36 - Sep 10 with 934 viewsRyorry

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 10:55 - Sep 10 by Churchman

I found it fascinating. Even the newest bits are 100s of years old

I was kinda hoping that when it came to signing the two accession documents, he'd pick up the pen, try to sign, and then mutter "oh sh1t, this bloody biro isn't working" as he chucked it over his shoulder in empathy with us mere mortals in our daily lives!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:45 - Sep 10 with 918 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 12:44 - Sep 10 by Ryorry

Missed that - Corbyn was there? Oh to be a fly on the wall of the pub/bar where all that lot had a drink together afterwards!!

Ah, I forgot about him. It all seems so long ago.

No, he wasn't there. Everyone else was though.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 13:46]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:48 - Sep 10 with 913 viewsjeera

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:04 - Sep 10 by SitfcB

It’s fooking shît. Fair enough take a picture to show you were there and then phone away. Record it on TV to watch back, the best video you could get of anything!

Same with football matches, concerts...

Live the moment cos you'll only be there the once.

Bloody recording it can only serve one purpose and that's to try to impress others later on.

Extremely sad and as been said already, downright disrespectful to someone mourning a personal loss.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:48 - Sep 10 with 912 viewsChurchman

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:36 - Sep 10 by Ryorry

I was kinda hoping that when it came to signing the two accession documents, he'd pick up the pen, try to sign, and then mutter "oh sh1t, this bloody biro isn't working" as he chucked it over his shoulder in empathy with us mere mortals in our daily lives!

I wondered if he nabbed one of the pens.

Spectacular room with a few decent pics. Bet they weren’t prints.
The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 14:16 - Sep 10 with 882 viewsFBI

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 13:48 - Sep 10 by jeera

Same with football matches, concerts...

Live the moment cos you'll only be there the once.

Bloody recording it can only serve one purpose and that's to try to impress others later on.

Extremely sad and as been said already, downright disrespectful to someone mourning a personal loss.

I went to see Ka(t)e Tempest in Cardiff a few years ago and she came out onstage and pretended to perform so people could put their phones away for the actual show. And they did. Very clever and improved the gig.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 14:39 - Sep 10 with 837 viewsNthQldITFC

I just watched that bit in the courtyard and I couldn't believe it. Like you say, looked like almost everybody there was doing it.

I do seriously worry about the impact 'smartphones' are having on us. The camera part is part of it, but coupled with the instant ability to publish for 'likes', it's stealing people's lives.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The Accession Meetings and the history behind all thats happening on 17:18 - Sep 10 with 735 viewsElephantintheRoom

As someone who has never been that bothered with the monarchy I’ve found the last couple of days strangely moving. I suppose they must have been rehearsing some of these ceremonies for decades whilst awaiting the inevitable. Might even be why what passes for democracy and n this country has endured for so long - royalty provides a sort of medieval VAR on the excesses of opportunists.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024