Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! 20:49 - Jun 2 with 8114 viewsSimonds92

Genuinely dont understand it. He might be better as a LCB but for me he is still by far our best full back. Im not sure if people are suffering from Luke Hyam syndrome regarding Kenlock but as much as I'd love to see him make it with us I dont think he will. Jonas has got a really decent left foot, he did resort to route one a bit i must admit, but that comes from a lack of midfield dropping off to give him an alternative. I think hes one of very few that could step up a division and not look out of place.

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 20:50 - Jun 2 with 5378 viewswkj

he stuck up for Mick when he left

"EDIT: If you're a big jizzface and don't like wine, use stock and lemon juice. In fact, don't even bother, just have a ready meal and a long hard look in the mirror." - Dyland
Poll: Quickfire Round: Which is correct for tonight
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:03 - Jun 2 with 5340 viewsClapham_Junction

I don't think he's anywhere near Premier League quality - he's an ok championship defender but he'd get ripped to pieces in a higher league.

As for why people don't like him - his quality on the ball can be incredibly frustrating to watch. In the Middlesbrough game he aimlessly punted the ball upfield at least four or five times (every time giving it to a Boro player) when there were much simpler passes on for open team mates.

At the moment he's a better option than Kenlock, who seems ok going forward and often makes decent blocks or interceptions, but he also gets caught out of position a lot and rarely seems to tackle opponents.
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:06 - Jun 2 with 5323 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:03 - Jun 2 by Clapham_Junction

I don't think he's anywhere near Premier League quality - he's an ok championship defender but he'd get ripped to pieces in a higher league.

As for why people don't like him - his quality on the ball can be incredibly frustrating to watch. In the Middlesbrough game he aimlessly punted the ball upfield at least four or five times (every time giving it to a Boro player) when there were much simpler passes on for open team mates.

At the moment he's a better option than Kenlock, who seems ok going forward and often makes decent blocks or interceptions, but he also gets caught out of position a lot and rarely seems to tackle opponents.

Those are hardly reasons for fans wanting to hound him out of the club and suggesting he is not good enough for us.

I wonder how many of our current players are good enough for the Premier League … and how many might be in a year's time.

Poll: Should there be a second referendum?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:15 - Jun 2 with 5295 viewsSimonds92

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:06 - Jun 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Those are hardly reasons for fans wanting to hound him out of the club and suggesting he is not good enough for us.

I wonder how many of our current players are good enough for the Premier League … and how many might be in a year's time.

Exactly, the passion he shows should make him a fan favourite. He leaves everything out on the pitch and has a number of assists this season. I think he could make it at prem level. Many used to criticise Delaney (in some instances with good reason) and hes proved a lot of people wrong. I dont by any means believe he would tear it up in the prem but think he wouldnt look put of place in a solid defensive unit.

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:15 - Jun 2 with 5294 viewsjas0999

Dislike? Don’t think so. Just an honest assessment from most, who recognise he isn’t International class. Decent enough at club level but I prefer Kenlock.
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:17 - Jun 2 with 5280 viewswkj

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:15 - Jun 2 by jas0999

Dislike? Don’t think so. Just an honest assessment from most, who recognise he isn’t International class. Decent enough at club level but I prefer Kenlock.

Hi Marvin

"EDIT: If you're a big jizzface and don't like wine, use stock and lemon juice. In fact, don't even bother, just have a ready meal and a long hard look in the mirror." - Dyland
Poll: Quickfire Round: Which is correct for tonight
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 23:03 - Jun 2 with 5145 viewsClapham_Junction

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:06 - Jun 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oh I agree.

I guess I'd say only Bart and Waghorn are Premier League quality. Some of the young midfielders are possibly in the second category you mention. And definitely CCV (if we could get him back next year, I'd be very happy).
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 01:22 - Jun 3 with 5039 viewsSpruceMoose

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 20:50 - Jun 2 by wkj

he stuck up for Mick when he left

This is true. In that moment he became the main target for the numbskull spittle flecked rage.

Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 05:07 - Jun 3 with 4953 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don't think he is good enough on the ball, lacks composure on the ball, seems way to often to be aimlessly punting ball up field. Will reserve judgement until new manager though. Kenlock is far better going forward, real threat, very good to take on his man, whilst making good blocks etc he does get caught out defensively. Where Knudsen could benefit from a different manager, Kenlock certainly could swell, Hurst as a former left-back could assist.
For me Kenlock over Knudsen any day of the week.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 07:44 - Jun 3 with 4856 viewsElderGrizzly

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 21:03 - Jun 2 by Clapham_Junction

Agree. Still a step up from Kenlock who would probably benefit from a loan spell like Emmanuel.

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 11:01 - Jun 3 with 4685 viewsitfcbam

So what if he stick up for a manager, shows some loyalty which is something supporters criticise players for often showing a lack of.
Also for some reason some of our supporters always have to have at least 1 player they constantly have a go at!!
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 11:03 - Jun 3 with 4679 viewsHerbivore

If you prefer Kenlock you've clearly not watched Town the past 18 months. Knudsen is way ahead of him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 11:14 - Jun 3 with 4664 viewsJ2BLUE

What is international class? Seems a meaningless term to try and look informed.

He's in the Danish squad and there are international teams ranging from San Marino to Brazil.

Poll: Would you vote Labour to avoid a Boris led government?

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 13:01 - Jun 3 with 4570 viewsitfcbam

Kenlock is only effective as a wing back. When part of 442 he gets out too far forward and out of position too often. As wing back he has more licence where as Knudsen can play either and probably best as left centre back as part of a 3
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 13:24 - Jun 3 with 4535 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 11:03 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

If you prefer Kenlock you've clearly not watched Town the past 18 months. Knudsen is way ahead of him.

Or he has just has a different opinion to you....

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 13:47 - Jun 3 with 4505 viewsHerbivore

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 13:24 - Jun 3 by southnorfolkblue

Or he has just has a different opinion to you....

Sigh. The appeal to 'opinion' is the last refuge of people who pluck their views out of their arses.

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 15:29 - Jun 3 with 4443 viewsSomethingBlue

Yet the manager of Denmark appears to recognise that he *is* international class. Should I trust him or The Fans?
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 16:01 - Jun 3 with 4412 viewsKentish_Tractor

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 15:29 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

Yet the manager of Denmark appears to recognise that he *is* international class. Should I trust him or The Fans?

He's the only out-and-out left back in the Denmark squad and he is still 2nd choice behind a right-back. The term 'international class' is a relevant term. Kevin Bru was 'International Class' for Mauritius, who would be conference standard or below if they were a club team.

Denmark would be on par with Premier league, and Jonas is not good enough for the Premier League.

I think the so-called 'dislike' of Jonas is for more reason than one; Some, but not all, are not his fault. We were spoilt for choice with his two predecessors; therefore he already had big boots to fill, and when he wasn't as good as them, the fans automatically formed negative opinions. He was also the first player Mick spent any sort of budget on; therefore fans had high expectations. Now 350k is not a lot, and in today's market, I'd say that would be his rough value. But because it was Mick's first fee, we thought he was going to be a world-beater.

Now the reasons that you could say are his faults. When he joined us, he said in his interviews that his long-throws were a real weapon. That was frankly laughable once we actually saw them in practice (he is no Delap).

Secondly, it appears he has been studying at the Luke Chambers School of Passing. The number of times he does a side-foot hoof 50 yards aimlessly down the field to the opposition is frankly infuriating, when there are simpler options available to him. He is an old-school full-back, and doesn't posses the pace or skill that we all almost expect of modern-day fullbacks, especially when we think of our most-liked Town fullbacks (Mings, Cresswell, and going back a little further the likes of Clapham and Wilnis)
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 16:04]
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 16:11 - Jun 3 with 4405 viewsSomethingBlue

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 16:01 - Jun 3 by Kentish_Tractor

He's the only out-and-out left back in the Denmark squad and he is still 2nd choice behind a right-back. The term 'international class' is a relevant term. Kevin Bru was 'International Class' for Mauritius, who would be conference standard or below if they were a club team.

Denmark would be on par with Premier league, and Jonas is not good enough for the Premier League.

I think the so-called 'dislike' of Jonas is for more reason than one; Some, but not all, are not his fault. We were spoilt for choice with his two predecessors; therefore he already had big boots to fill, and when he wasn't as good as them, the fans automatically formed negative opinions. He was also the first player Mick spent any sort of budget on; therefore fans had high expectations. Now 350k is not a lot, and in today's market, I'd say that would be his rough value. But because it was Mick's first fee, we thought he was going to be a world-beater.

Now the reasons that you could say are his faults. When he joined us, he said in his interviews that his long-throws were a real weapon. That was frankly laughable once we actually saw them in practice (he is no Delap).

Secondly, it appears he has been studying at the Luke Chambers School of Passing. The number of times he does a side-foot hoof 50 yards aimlessly down the field to the opposition is frankly infuriating, when there are simpler options available to him. He is an old-school full-back, and doesn't posses the pace or skill that we all almost expect of modern-day fullbacks, especially when we think of our most-liked Town fullbacks (Mings, Cresswell, and going back a little further the likes of Clapham and Wilnis)

We would get way more than £350k for him, I don't know what planet some people are on.

Agree that international class is relative but Denmark are no mugs at all and he has actually seen off two out-and-out left-backs from their preliminary squad – Boilesen and Durmisi, who were both ahead of him in the pecking order til March – to get this far. Why we can't celebrate our players doing well, and deservedly so, is beyond me.
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 16:50 - Jun 3 with 4368 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 05:07 - Jun 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Don't think he is good enough on the ball, lacks composure on the ball, seems way to often to be aimlessly punting ball up field. Will reserve judgement until new manager though. Kenlock is far better going forward, real threat, very good to take on his man, whilst making good blocks etc he does get caught out defensively. Where Knudsen could benefit from a different manager, Kenlock certainly could swell, Hurst as a former left-back could assist.
For me Kenlock over Knudsen any day of the week.

Then either you don't understand football or haven't seen one of them play, ever.

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 17:02 - Jun 3 with 4346 viewsTheJam

Wait and see what everybody is like under Hurst

Poll: Mick in/out v Brexit in/out

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 18:37 - Jun 3 with 4284 viewsnshearman1

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 13:47 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

Sigh. The appeal to 'opinion' is the last refuge of people who pluck their views out of their arses.

Oh dear, here we go again...
Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 18:46 - Jun 3 with 4268 viewsMullet

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 16:01 - Jun 3 by Kentish_Tractor

I thought LB was one of the few positions Denmark had a glut of? Hence why there was a bit of discussion about whether he'd make it to the WC compared to Bart who had a few competitors but much fewer to get past.

I don't really understand how you can say that about the Premier League/Denmark when he has been picked. One logically doesn't make sense surely?

The long throw thing came more from the press reporting and he was then asked about it - I know Watson made a big fuss about it.

Poll: Would you like Ipswich to get promoted?
Blog: Show ME, How You Do That Trick

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 18:51 - Jun 3 with 4245 viewsSteve_M

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 16:11 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

We would get way more than £350k for him, I don't know what planet some people are on.

Agree that international class is relative but Denmark are no mugs at all and he has actually seen off two out-and-out left-backs from their preliminary squad – Boilesen and Durmisi, who were both ahead of him in the pecking order til March – to get this far. Why we can't celebrate our players doing well, and deservedly so, is beyond me.

It's bizarre really; I think so many decided that he was crap really early that they are reluctant to revise their early opinions of the player. The improvement in his all round game this season is one highlight of it.

I'm delighted for Jonas that he's going to the World Cup.

*Goes to check Denmark's fixtures*

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Some Mid-Season Thoughts

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 18:56 - Jun 3 with 4225 viewsHerbivore

Whats with this dislike of Knudsen?! on 18:37 - Jun 3 by nshearman1

Oh dear, here we go again...

With you chipping in with nothing of any value to the debate? You can always work on that you know.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020