Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads 17:50 - Oct 25 with 5118 viewsLord_Lucan

This for me is the biggest problem. Is ME prepared to splash some cash?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:51 - Oct 25 with 4495 viewsSwansea_Blue

I reckon he’ll have to in January. But by then someone else (Lambert presumably) will have had a good look at them and may, just may get more out of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:52 - Oct 25 with 4473 viewschicoazul

They're going to have to man up and get on with it, at least until January and probably beyond as I dont expect we will sign 10 players in January. Lambert is a proven good Manager and I cant imagine he wont command a great deal of respect from Jackson Nolan and Toto.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:53 - Oct 25 with 4466 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What happens is they are all on the same footing as everyone else. They have to show the new manager what they can do. The only way the new manager has any pre-conceived ideas is by having managed anyone on our books previously (or coached/played alongside them but ME's quotes about experienced manager would suggest that as unlikely).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:54 - Oct 25 with 4440 viewschicoazul

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:51 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

I reckon he’ll have to in January. But by then someone else (Lambert presumably) will have had a good look at them and may, just may get more out of them.

Lambert is a better Manager than Hurst. We have too hope he can get something out of them Hurst couldnt. .

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:55 - Oct 25 with 4393 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Expect to hear from my lawyer......this thread was copywritten at 17:42!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:56 - Oct 25 with 4386 viewsJakeITFC

We need players in January for sure.

There won’t be a huge splashing of cash on fees, but I’m sure the right players will be signed at the right price.

Whilst the transfer business of McCarthy in January was usually pretty dull, that’s exactly the sort of player we need to be bringing in now.
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:58 - Oct 25 with 4328 viewsjeera

Sale or return.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:01 - Oct 25 with 4284 viewsSeablu

Lambert will have 2 months where he'll have to sort them out before he can even think about bringing in some replacements.
By replacements, I of course mean freebies.
Login to get fewer ads

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:03 - Oct 25 with 4253 viewsjas0999

ME hasn’t splashed any cash for years! He’s re invested some of the fees received. More with PH than MM in fairness.

But we need proper investment. The Shrewsbury players aren’t good enough and also need to be sold. But who would want them?
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:05 - Oct 25 with 4215 viewsGlasgowBlue

We'll have to work with what we have until January. By then it may be too late.

That said, last night's line up doesn't look too bad on paper, although I'd get Donecian back in as rb.

We desperately need a goal scorer and a central midfielder in the mould of Bullard/Magilton. The defence just needs organising and Bart will hopefully find his form from last season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:06 - Oct 25 with 4207 viewsFunge

Of everyone he's brought in, those two are just absolute whopping great carbuncles of players.

Edwards could be OK, Jackson has a bit about him and Donacien has showsn glimpses of not being utterly awful.

The two Shrews though - my god, Nolan is basically Douglas all over again, and Nsiala looked like he'd dropped some pills on Saturday.

£2m for those two; Jesus wept.
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:17 - Oct 25 with 4058 viewsStowmarketshrew

I've followed Shrewsbury since 1989. My wife and son are Ipswich through and through and we were at Elland Road last night. Having seen over 20 Shrews games last season Nolan is undoubtedly championship standard. Nsiala I'm less sure about. He's quick and good in the air but there's a big difference between league 1 and the Championship and Hurst's naivety has got the better of him. Nolan is technically strong and adept at finding space and I think with time to settle in he has the potential to be a decent if far from spectacular championship player. That said, he's a box to box in a midfield three, not a right winger like last night where he spent most of the game wandering aimlessly around while the game past him by.

£2m though - happy days and thank you very much as neither had any great pedigree when we signed them.

To say there's no love lost with Hurst would be an immense understatement. Good riddance to that snake, and karma for the way he treated us and Grimsby before.
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:45 - Oct 25 with 3876 viewsSteve_D

It's going to be loans in Jan and freebies
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:49 - Oct 25 with 3834 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 17:51 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

Evans statement translated. by Cheltenham_Blue 25 Oct 2018 18:32
“This group of experienced players along with the additions we made to the squad this summer of younger developing talent, plus the ongoing progression of players from our academy means the new manager will have a solid group to work with and build for the future.”

Translated: “There’s no money for January”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:57 - Oct 25 with 3765 viewsflimflam

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:17 - Oct 25 by Stowmarketshrew

I've followed Shrewsbury since 1989. My wife and son are Ipswich through and through and we were at Elland Road last night. Having seen over 20 Shrews games last season Nolan is undoubtedly championship standard. Nsiala I'm less sure about. He's quick and good in the air but there's a big difference between league 1 and the Championship and Hurst's naivety has got the better of him. Nolan is technically strong and adept at finding space and I think with time to settle in he has the potential to be a decent if far from spectacular championship player. That said, he's a box to box in a midfield three, not a right winger like last night where he spent most of the game wandering aimlessly around while the game past him by.

£2m though - happy days and thank you very much as neither had any great pedigree when we signed them.

To say there's no love lost with Hurst would be an immense understatement. Good riddance to that snake, and karma for the way he treated us and Grimsby before.

Hi Dave :-)

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:09 - Oct 25 with 3668 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Can't see anyone lining up to buy them in January, Buy one get one free January Sales?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:14 - Oct 25 with 3590 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I just don't rate Jackson at all. He may have quick legs, but that is all. Poor first touch, so he needs time to control the ball, that may be ok in League 2 or even League 1, but not in this league.

Poll: would you rather

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:15 - Oct 25 with 3569 viewssparks

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:17 - Oct 25 by Stowmarketshrew

Your bitterness is ridiculous and small minded.

Your assessment of Nolan looks way off the mark on the basis of a dozen games or so at a level which is beyond him.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:16 - Oct 25 with 3547 viewsNBVJohn

Just as relevant, do the Woolfy, Nydam and Emmanuel loans have recall clauses?
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:18 - Oct 25 with 3533 viewsVic

Guess we’ll find out if they are any good or not now! A change could be just what they need. I still think that Nolan could be a decent championship player. Toto likewise, but it’s a big ask to expect him to be the mainstay in a struggling team. Is suspect we may not see much of him aga8n this season, unless injuries show we need him. Chambers and Oennington both streets ahead of him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:22 - Oct 25 with 3489 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:03 - Oct 25 by jas0999

ME hasn’t splashed any cash for years! He’s re invested some of the fees received. More with PH than MM in fairness.

But we need proper investment. The Shrewsbury players aren’t good enough and also need to be sold. But who would want them?

Shrewsbury.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:26 - Oct 25 with 3419 viewstextbackup

Am I correct in thinking Lambert got Norwich h the likes of holt and hoolahan?
I don’t want to bug him up incase it’s not him, but there are worse managers out there, I’m pretty happy with him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:27 - Oct 25 with 3406 viewsSwansea_Blue

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 18:49 - Oct 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Evans statement translated. by Cheltenham_Blue 25 Oct 2018 18:32
“This group of experienced players along with the additions we made to the squad this summer of younger developing talent, plus the ongoing progression of players from our academy means the new manager will have a solid group to work with and build for the future.”

Translated: “There’s no money for January”

Oh lordy, did he really say that? He hasn’t got a clue (about football) has he?

Although I suppose he can’t publically say “the players I sanctioned for millions in the summer are pony”. But he has to acknowledge we need quality in one or two key areas. Otherwise we may as well give up now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:36 - Oct 25 with 3340 viewsIpswichJonesy

What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:26 - Oct 25 by textbackup

Am I correct in thinking Lambert got Norwich h the likes of holt and hoolahan?
I don’t want to bug him up incase it’s not him, but there are worse managers out there, I’m pretty happy with him

Holt & Hoolahan were already there
What happens now with Hursts signings - in particular the Shrewsbury lads on 19:45 - Oct 25 with 3273 viewsbluebare

Toto would have prevented the 1st goal last night. Its Chambers that is the problem and a lack of a left footed CH. Nolan should go back to singing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024