Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog 18:59 - Nov 1 with 15141 viewsPhilTWTD

Evening, just getting under way here, more people than usual. Paul L and staff just taken their seats.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:05 - Nov 1 with 7921 viewsPhilTWTD

Peter Over PLC director introduces meeting. 45 mins of questions with Paul L and staff plus Lee O'Neill from the academy coming up.

First question, can we get our loanees back off people's benches?
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:07 - Nov 1 with 7894 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:05 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Peter Over PLC director introduces meeting. 45 mins of questions with Paul L and staff plus Lee O'Neill from the academy coming up.

LO'N: Learning experience off field as well as on, sometimes need to go our of comfort zone, helps appreciate what they've got here. Would obviously have liked them to have played more but still a valuable experience. Re Tristan, would certainly have liked to have played more. Unfair on Paul etc to make judgement yet but ongoing assessment and if feel not getting games then will be looked at.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:07 - Nov 1 with 7863 viewsReuser_is_God

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:05 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Uneducated 1st Q.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:09 - Nov 1 with 7859 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:07 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

LO'N: Learning experience off field as well as on, sometimes need to go our of comfort zone, helps appreciate what they've got here. Would obviously have liked them to have played more but still a valuable experience. Re Tristan, would certainly have liked to have played more. Unfair on Paul etc to make judgement yet but ongoing assessment and if feel not getting games then will be looked at.

Given position, why come to Town. What can you do?

PL: First when get offered job look at structure and ownership. Thought Marcus was great when met him, really good. Everyone knows where club is and that's for a reason, something, whatever it is, is why it's bottom. It's not always obvious why.

What he's seen of squad so far in training, doesn't look like a squad in the form they've been on. Could be new manager syndrome, or people knowing the position.

Thinks we can avoid relegation, needs strengthen in Jan, but feels confidence is high despite position.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:12 - Nov 1 with 7790 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:09 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Given position, why come to Town. What can you do?

PL: First when get offered job look at structure and ownership. Thought Marcus was great when met him, really good. Everyone knows where club is and that's for a reason, something, whatever it is, is why it's bottom. It's not always obvious why.

What he's seen of squad so far in training, doesn't look like a squad in the form they've been on. Could be new manager syndrome, or people knowing the position.

Thinks we can avoid relegation, needs strengthen in Jan, but feels confidence is high despite position.

EFL football programme every Saturday night, records it every week but deletes it without watching. Can you please put pride back in football team. And, can you please try and win a cup game!

PL: Thought he as going to be asked for a date the way question started! Think cup run is vital. Had same question at Stoke, hadn't been past the third round in years. Had good run at Wolves and will try to get run here.

Re programme, know what you're saying, 'They've lost again, they've lost again', only two seconds of coverage. We've got to sort that. I'm a fighter, I'll put everything into it to make it successful. Can't promise wins, but I can promise team will fight.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:14 - Nov 1 with 7731 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:12 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

EFL football programme every Saturday night, records it every week but deletes it without watching. Can you please put pride back in football team. And, can you please try and win a cup game!

PL: Thought he as going to be asked for a date the way question started! Think cup run is vital. Had same question at Stoke, hadn't been past the third round in years. Had good run at Wolves and will try to get run here.

Re programme, know what you're saying, 'They've lost again, they've lost again', only two seconds of coverage. We've got to sort that. I'm a fighter, I'll put everything into it to make it successful. Can't promise wins, but I can promise team will fight.

Question linking academy and first team, same culture...

PL: Football's changed, I got thrown in when I was 15 and never looked back. Needed manager to give that opportunity. I've already had chat with younger coaches and said this club has to generate young players and has to get them through. If good enough, old enough. Keep hearing U23s and U18s are doing great but not great id players aren't coming through. As I say, if they're going to benefit the team I'll play them.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:16 - Nov 1 with 7685 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:14 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Question linking academy and first team, same culture...

PL: Football's changed, I got thrown in when I was 15 and never looked back. Needed manager to give that opportunity. I've already had chat with younger coaches and said this club has to generate young players and has to get them through. If good enough, old enough. Keep hearing U23s and U18s are doing great but not great id players aren't coming through. As I say, if they're going to benefit the team I'll play them.

Question for fitness coach Jim Henry, too much emphasis on gym sessions under previous regime?

Philosophies different. Stepped back from strength training, outdoors more, more technical sessions currently. Sunday sessions now, those who didn't play will come in. Stepped back from strength, will assess over next weeks and months.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:17 - Nov 1 with 7659 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:16 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Question for fitness coach Jim Henry, too much emphasis on gym sessions under previous regime?

Philosophies different. Stepped back from strength training, outdoors more, more technical sessions currently. Sunday sessions now, those who didn't play will come in. Stepped back from strength, will assess over next weeks and months.

Matt Gill asked about playing under PL. Only played a few times. Manager has knack of keeping everyone involved, a lot to do with the success they had a t Norwich.

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:19 - Nov 1 with 7603 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:17 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Matt Gill asked about playing under PL. Only played a few times. Manager has knack of keeping everyone involved, a lot to do with the success they had a t Norwich.

MG asked about his role, integrate with Gerard Nash and Chris Hogg. Already has a relationship with them. Reiterates, good enough, old enough comment from PL. Clearly a pathway there under the manager, there for them to take. They know that's there. Should be music to GN and CH's ears, hopes he can be a link between two and the players will get opportunity.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:21 - Nov 1 with 7551 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:19 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

MG asked about his role, integrate with Gerard Nash and Chris Hogg. Already has a relationship with them. Reiterates, good enough, old enough comment from PL. Clearly a pathway there under the manager, there for them to take. They know that's there. Should be music to GN and CH's ears, hopes he can be a link between two and the players will get opportunity.

Rumours re money in Jan, £10m, will you be buying a striker? If media say it, it's wrong! Not spoken about it, know lost a lot of goals in the summer. Strikers are important, need help in January, owner knows it, Lee O'N knows it.

Doesn't mean can't win games, have to fix problem now, Jan will take care of itself.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:22 - Nov 1 with 7512 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:21 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Rumours re money in Jan, £10m, will you be buying a striker? If media say it, it's wrong! Not spoken about it, know lost a lot of goals in the summer. Strikers are important, need help in January, owner knows it, Lee O'N knows it.

Doesn't mean can't win games, have to fix problem now, Jan will take care of itself.

Stuart Taylor asked something I couldn't hear. Learning under the gaffer, enjoying it. Cup run at Wolves, what he's learnt under PL has been invaluable, no plans for own management job (I think, couldn't hear last bit).
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:23 - Nov 1 with 7433 viewsSitfcB

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:22 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Stuart Taylor asked something I couldn't hear. Learning under the gaffer, enjoying it. Cup run at Wolves, what he's learnt under PL has been invaluable, no plans for own management job (I think, couldn't hear last bit).

Turn your hearing aid up.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:24 - Nov 1 with 7435 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:22 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Questioner asking how fans who want to be more positive can make more of an impact, get rid of negativity, and get back to old Portman Road.

Liz Edwards, SLO, points questioner to Max Helm from Blue Action. Any ideas just come and see Liz on matchday and can take it further. Something to be taken up later.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:27 - Nov 1 with 7300 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:24 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Questioner asking how fans who want to be more positive can make more of an impact, get rid of negativity, and get back to old Portman Road.

Liz Edwards, SLO, points questioner to Max Helm from Blue Action. Any ideas just come and see Liz on matchday and can take it further. Something to be taken up later.

What's PL's ambition long-term? How far can we go?

PL asked back, what was your expectation at start of season? Questioner hoped we'd push in the opposite direction with a more attractive style of football.

PL: Amazing how things change, now just want to survive. That's immediate. Have to create atmoshere, massive, massive club. For 90, 95 mins have to come to the ground and bounce about and get behind them. Players can feel negativity and positivity.

Questioner talking about Joe R taking over from George and nearly made play-offs. When Mick came in finished well out of relegation zone. Wishes PL good luck.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:29 - Nov 1 with 7230 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:27 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

What's PL's ambition long-term? How far can we go?

PL asked back, what was your expectation at start of season? Questioner hoped we'd push in the opposite direction with a more attractive style of football.

PL: Amazing how things change, now just want to survive. That's immediate. Have to create atmoshere, massive, massive club. For 90, 95 mins have to come to the ground and bounce about and get behind them. Players can feel negativity and positivity.

Questioner talking about Joe R taking over from George and nearly made play-offs. When Mick came in finished well out of relegation zone. Wishes PL good luck.

Question about Huws, Bish and Adeyemi, missing for a long time. Likely to see them this year?

PL: Huws, really good player, out for a long time, could be a really good player. Top footballer, but can't throw him in having been out for a long time. Will speak to Jim. Have to get him fit.

Adeyemi doing well, know him from Norwich, great kid, great attitude. Back January.

Bish also really good player. But have to be careful, can't throw them in and risk getting them injured. Way off putting people in who aren't 100 per cent. Three very good footballers.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:31 - Nov 1 with 7147 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:29 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Question about Huws, Bish and Adeyemi, missing for a long time. Likely to see them this year?

PL: Huws, really good player, out for a long time, could be a really good player. Top footballer, but can't throw him in having been out for a long time. Will speak to Jim. Have to get him fit.

Adeyemi doing well, know him from Norwich, great kid, great attitude. Back January.

Bish also really good player. But have to be careful, can't throw them in and risk getting them injured. Way off putting people in who aren't 100 per cent. Three very good footballers.

Harder now as got League One players. Unless owner puts hand in pocket.

PL: Secret of management, get the best out of players. Saying in football, if you work hard, you'll get reward. Players have been brilliant in last few days, have done everything I've asked. At minute, I think they're ready for the fight. At this moment in time, ready for the challenge.

Whether from League One or Two, doesn't mean they're not up to it. They need the opportunity. 100 per cent sure team will be ready for Saturday.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:33 - Nov 1 with 7088 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:31 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Harder now as got League One players. Unless owner puts hand in pocket.

PL: Secret of management, get the best out of players. Saying in football, if you work hard, you'll get reward. Players have been brilliant in last few days, have done everything I've asked. At minute, I think they're ready for the fight. At this moment in time, ready for the challenge.

Whether from League One or Two, doesn't mean they're not up to it. They need the opportunity. 100 per cent sure team will be ready for Saturday.

Complaint about negativity of supporters, PL told to think Escape to Victory, Pele goal. Positivity, not negativity.

PL: Seen movie, grew up in great Town era, Butcher, Mariner, Gates etc, Robson. Told Gilly to watch it, he said 'Get John Wark in for a season!'.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:34 - Nov 1 with 7050 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:33 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Complaint about negativity of supporters, PL told to think Escape to Victory, Pele goal. Positivity, not negativity.

PL: Seen movie, grew up in great Town era, Butcher, Mariner, Gates etc, Robson. Told Gilly to watch it, he said 'Get John Wark in for a season!'.

Will Chambo stay captain?

PL Has taken a lot on shoulders, brilliant lad. Has perhaps taken too much on. From what he's done in last few days, don't see any reason for not to be captain. Has been a proper man.

Warm applause for Chambo from floor.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:35 - Nov 1 with 6999 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:34 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Will Chambo stay captain?

PL Has taken a lot on shoulders, brilliant lad. Has perhaps taken too much on. From what he's done in last few days, don't see any reason for not to be captain. Has been a proper man.

Warm applause for Chambo from floor.

Stuart Taylor talking about spending time in Spain, someone he knows at a club there has worked at Barcelona so has learnt from him and has also spent time at other clubs. Reiterates pathway for academy players and there being an identity of a football club.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:37 - Nov 1 with 6953 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:35 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Stuart Taylor talking about spending time in Spain, someone he knows at a club there has worked at Barcelona so has learnt from him and has also spent time at other clubs. Reiterates pathway for academy players and there being an identity of a football club.

PL asked, will still be at club if go down?

PL: Like the optimism! Don't fancy going down,can't promise anything but believes will stay up. Think we'll do it, great infrastructure. Not given a moment's thought re League One. Plans to stay for a while.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:38 - Nov 1 with 6899 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:37 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

PL asked, will still be at club if go down?

PL: Like the optimism! Don't fancy going down,can't promise anything but believes will stay up. Think we'll do it, great infrastructure. Not given a moment's thought re League One. Plans to stay for a while.

Questions re Freddie S and out of contract players

PL, can't just lump it to him, not biggest side, have to find way of playing that suits personnel.

Re out of contract players, he will make decisions, manager has to make those decisions. Have always dealt with players coming in and out.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:41 - Nov 1 with 6814 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:38 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Questions re Freddie S and out of contract players

PL, can't just lump it to him, not biggest side, have to find way of playing that suits personnel.

Re out of contract players, he will make decisions, manager has to make those decisions. Have always dealt with players coming in and out.

What plan to encourage fans to get atmos going?

PL: Need stadium to be really vibrant. Been here when it's full so know what it's like. Need to generate that.

Hear argument players have to bring that but two-way thing. For 90, 95 mins, leave evertying outside and make incredible atmos, players will respond. Equally, players have to ignite.

Watching Boro game, spoke to ST and he felt the fans had given up. PL say his job is to get everyone off backsides and on feet.

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:41 - Nov 1 with 6788 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:41 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

What plan to encourage fans to get atmos going?

PL: Need stadium to be really vibrant. Been here when it's full so know what it's like. Need to generate that.

Hear argument players have to bring that but two-way thing. For 90, 95 mins, leave evertying outside and make incredible atmos, players will respond. Equally, players have to ignite.

Watching Boro game, spoke to ST and he felt the fans had given up. PL say his job is to get everyone off backsides and on feet.

Jim Henry asked who fittest players, James Milner and someone whose name I didn't catch. Wouldn't answer who least fit was!
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:43 - Nov 1 with 6750 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:41 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Jim Henry asked who fittest players, James Milner and someone whose name I didn't catch. Wouldn't answer who least fit was!

PL asked if any interest from Town in the summer. He says there wasn't and was in Europe watching teams train. Wanted a break. Did TV, watched teams train. So when last manager came in was travelling, wanted break. But spoke to Marcus and said 'let's get this place going again'.
Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:44 - Nov 1 with 6709 viewsPhilTWTD

Supporters Club AGM Live Blog on 19:43 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

PL asked if any interest from Town in the summer. He says there wasn't and was in Europe watching teams train. Wanted a break. Did TV, watched teams train. So when last manager came in was travelling, wanted break. But spoke to Marcus and said 'let's get this place going again'.

Matt Gill asked whether different working with young players and senior players. Yes, but myth senior players don't want to get coached, players have shown that in last few days. Individuals diferent, down to coahces to find out what makes them tick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024