Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? 07:03 - Aug 1 with 11542 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:13 - Aug 1 with 5293 viewsBlueySwede

He doesn´t hold back, and I think that is good. Evans need/needed to hear some home truths.
"I couldn't just sit there and see the club really fall with the way it was going. The training ground looked terrible, the stadium was run down. You could tell why it was where it was."
This bit surprised me a bit..the talk about the run down stadium I believed was only winy talk here on the forum, but it does seem even players and managers have noticed. I really hope that, even if Evans won´t spend more than he does, he will at least keep up with the academy, stadium, infrastructure, community trust, etc.
Agree with much of what he is saying. One thing though..We have to be up there this season (at least top 5-6) and really go for promotion, or he won´t get three or four transfer windows.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:17]
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:16 - Aug 1 with 5269 viewsSaigonTractor

He's talking a lot of sense. The point about Kenlock only recently getting a run of 17 games stood out to me. He's right if we can't spend then we need to be patient and build our youth, even if it doesn't immediately work.c
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:30 - Aug 1 with 5166 viewsSteve_M

Knowing this board it will probably be far too much. There's something for everyone there I think. This bit stands out:

"[ME has spent millions on the club] but if you don't care or take care of the infrastructure then you're setting yourself up for a fall."

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:32 - Aug 1 with 5137 viewschristiand

Surely, it's exactly want you want to read from your manager? I appreciate that PL has his critics and some are still sceptical about him, but that article hit the spot for me. I keep flip-flapping in my opinion, I'm not sure if ME is merely incompetent in his role or just doesn't care about the club. If you need a manager to point out a club's shortcomings on and off the field after a couple of months, you have to ask the question what the hell is our owner doing if he can't see those issues himself after over a decade at the helm? Good on PL telling ME exactly what he thinks, perhaps a few others should have done the same much earlier, the club might not be in the mess it finds itself now if they had been more honest and upfront with him.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 7:42]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:34 - Aug 1 with 5113 viewstractorboy1978

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:30 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

Knowing this board it will probably be far too much. There's something for everyone there I think. This bit stands out:

"[ME has spent millions on the club] but if you don't care or take care of the infrastructure then you're setting yourself up for a fall."

Lambert hits every nail on the head - what has Evans actually done since having this conversation though?

And none of what Lambert said should be any surprise as it's nothing different to what fans have been saying for years.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:35]
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:39 - Aug 1 with 5056 viewsHerbivore

There's an awful lot of covering his own back there for me. I'm not being funny, but when we get a few back fit it's not a team full of kids anyway and never really has been. I expect Downes to play a lot, Kenlock too, but that's about it. The others will be much more in and out of the side. We have experience through the spine of the side with the likes of Holy, Chambers, Skuse, Judge, Norwood, then you've got other experienced pros like Nsiala, Nolan, Huws, Jackson and the like who have all played plenty of football. I expect most sides at this level will field a couple of 20/21 year olds like we will, most sides at this level haven't spent money and couldn't have dreamed of signing someone like Norwood. We shouldn't accept anything less than a proper promotion push this season, anything less is a failure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:44 - Aug 1 with 5018 viewsMullet

I think his PR and astute reading of the situation is great again. It makes me think he has some link to social media etc. And it’s interesting how parts of it will be received over say Turnstile Blues saying it etc. I still think we have way more and bigger problems than the disrepair of the stadium though, and that’s on ME.

We’re also going to need him to show what a good coach he is. That pressure is there regardless of him placing it on his head. He’s got a lot of raw materials and players at different stages of their career. I wasn’t sure if the point about the kids was trying to dampen that a little or just due to editing constraints.

He’s right about Marcus, and coupled with the Chambers stuff, there does seem to be a setting of the scene for more videos, EADT articles and the like from him. The criticism has been gentle enough, whilst you can fill in the big gaps left by both.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:48 - Aug 1 with 4981 viewstractorboy1978

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:44 - Aug 1 by Mullet

I think his PR and astute reading of the situation is great again. It makes me think he has some link to social media etc. And it’s interesting how parts of it will be received over say Turnstile Blues saying it etc. I still think we have way more and bigger problems than the disrepair of the stadium though, and that’s on ME.

We’re also going to need him to show what a good coach he is. That pressure is there regardless of him placing it on his head. He’s got a lot of raw materials and players at different stages of their career. I wasn’t sure if the point about the kids was trying to dampen that a little or just due to editing constraints.

He’s right about Marcus, and coupled with the Chambers stuff, there does seem to be a setting of the scene for more videos, EADT articles and the like from him. The criticism has been gentle enough, whilst you can fill in the big gaps left by both.

I think as has been said before, the state of the stadium (and the statues) is a good indicator of the lack of care and attention that goes into all aspects of the club. Costs are being cut to the bare bones and we are penny pinching where we can.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:50]
Login to get fewer ads

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:51 - Aug 1 with 4939 viewsMullet

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:48 - Aug 1 by tractorboy1978

I think as has been said before, the state of the stadium (and the statues) is a good indicator of the lack of care and attention that goes into all aspects of the club. Costs are being cut to the bare bones and we are penny pinching where we can.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:50]

I agree, but we are now in the third because we’ve lacked decent guidance in the last 12 months not jet washers.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:51 - Aug 1 with 4958 viewschristiand

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:44 - Aug 1 by Mullet

Feel it's about time a few of the Ipswich staff came out and said a few home truths about ME, so hats off to PL and Chambers. Appreciate it must be difficult in their roles at the club, but its been too long we've had to listen to, 'Marcus has been brilliant!' we can all see he does the bare minimum and now it's coming round to bite him on the ar*e! You get out, what you put in......ain't that the truth Mr Evans!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:54 - Aug 1 with 4921 viewsKeaneish

Telling it like it is. People lauded MM for it so there should be no contention. I like the article. It’s good this stuff is in the public domain as it exposes what we all knew. No-one was caring for the club (in his opinion) and self preservation was opportune (something I’ve said from day 1 about McCarthy).

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:01 - Aug 1 with 4831 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:54 - Aug 1 by Keaneish

Telling it like it is. People lauded MM for it so there should be no contention. I like the article. It’s good this stuff is in the public domain as it exposes what we all knew. No-one was caring for the club (in his opinion) and self preservation was opportune (something I’ve said from day 1 about McCarthy).

Ironic, then, that this interview struck me as mainly being about self preservation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 4764 viewsElderGrizzly

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:30 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

Indeed

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:19 - Aug 1 with 4668 viewsSteve_M

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:10 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed

I was genuinely hoping that some of the easy, fairly superficial things like that might have been improved over the Summer. Then again I thought we might be signing a defender or two.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:21 - Aug 1 with 4653 viewsWD19

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:34 - Aug 1 by tractorboy1978

Lambert hits every nail on the head - what has Evans actually done since having this conversation though?

And none of what Lambert said should be any surprise as it's nothing different to what fans have been saying for years.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 7:35]

So long long as we win a million percent more games, like he says, I will be happy.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:22 - Aug 1 with 4645 viewshampstead_blue

A mixture of covering his own back and telling us what is assumed and known.
Asking us for time based on his budget again is obvious.

He is not far from MM in terms of telling ME how it is and what to expect with the investment levels.

I do hope he can make it work and am happy to be more patient.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:26 - Aug 1 with 4596 viewsportmantales

It was nice to have a bit of confirmation that Hurst's position was being seriously contemplated prior to the Swansea victory.

I do like that Evans gives managers time, however was not so blind to his unfortunate mistake that he sought to revive the situation at the earliest opportunity.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 8:26]

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:27 - Aug 1 with 4575 viewsRadlett_blue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:01 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Ironic, then, that this interview struck me as mainly being about self preservation.

Yep. Lambert's last 3 jobs have lasted less than a year so he knows he needs to make a decent fist of it at Town or his future managerial career will be minimal. I understand he wants time and I'd be happy for him to have time as long as there are signs of team building and developing a pattern of play.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:28 - Aug 1 with 4566 viewschicoazul

It's so weird how even the Manager, an experienced man who has worked at the highest levels, says things like this and other stuff about the Trust etc, and yet people on here are still prepared to make excuses for Evans' ongoing lack of investment & care and in fact his uncanny ability to make everything worse & more difficult for his customers, for e.g. the thing about the turnstiles yesterday.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:31 - Aug 1 with 4535 viewschicoazul

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:10 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed

Bbbbbut the bbbbbbudget! A 9m black hole!!!111!!!1! We cant expect Evans to cccccccare!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:31 - Aug 1 with 4532 viewsSuperfrans

Seems to me like a man who will say what he thinks, to us and to the owner, that he doesn't hold back with his views. Of course, he will be calculating how it reflects on him, but every human being in any walk of life would do that.

I'm inclined to take his comments/thoughts on face value. I doubt everyone will though, sadly.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:32 - Aug 1 with 4527 viewsElderGrizzly

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:01 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Lambert has certainly done a very good job of presenting a “don’t look at me guv” version of the mess
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:33 - Aug 1 with 4517 viewshomer_123

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 07:54 - Aug 1 by Keaneish

To be honest, there isn't anything there we didn't already know.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:35 - Aug 1 with 4496 viewsRadlett_blue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:28 - Aug 1 by chicoazul

It's so weird how even the Manager, an experienced man who has worked at the highest levels, says things like this and other stuff about the Trust etc, and yet people on here are still prepared to make excuses for Evans' ongoing lack of investment & care and in fact his uncanny ability to make everything worse & more difficult for his customers, for e.g. the thing about the turnstiles yesterday.

I think Evans has been reluctant to spend money on infrastructure as I think he's had an eye on selling Town for a few years. Relegation has drastically reduced the chance of Evans getting an acceptable offer so the risk is he now decides to run Town on a shoestring even in the 3rd division & hopes Lambert will eventually get us up.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:36 - Aug 1 with 4493 viewsSuperfrans

Indeed

The stupid thing is that superficial stuff like this can be fixed quicklly and simply - a couple of pots of pain and an intern, job's a good 'un...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024