Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atalanta's squad 22:10 - Feb 19 with 1263 viewsSharkey

I thought I'd brush up on Atalanta, and looked at their Wikipedia site. The number of players they have out on loan seems extraordinary to me - I counted about 65. I know Chelsea, for example, are said to have a few sprinkled around the place, but I have no idea if Atalanta are freakish by Italian standards. (I guess it would be simple enough to google a few more clubs)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atalanta_B.C.#Current_squad
Atalanta's squad on 22:23 - Feb 19 with 1190 viewsHipsterectomy

from what i remember in league games they're allowed to name 12 subs as well

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Atalanta's squad on 22:24 - Feb 19 with 1191 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I mentioned a few weeks back that I love watching Atalanta BC and are my second team. When I first dig a little digging on them and their squad I came across this.

However, what I found, Atalanta invest heavily in young development and progression, almost double tonight’s opponents Valencia.

However Atlanta Primavera only goes up to u-19, and after that age as they are often still too young first team action they continue their development in lower league Italian sides.

I actually think they have over 100 on the first team books, but it’s not quite that black and white.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Atalanta's squad on 22:42 - Feb 19 with 1135 viewsSharkey

Atalanta's squad on 22:24 - Feb 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

I mentioned a few weeks back that I love watching Atalanta BC and are my second team. When I first dig a little digging on them and their squad I came across this.

However, what I found, Atalanta invest heavily in young development and progression, almost double tonight’s opponents Valencia.

However Atlanta Primavera only goes up to u-19, and after that age as they are often still too young first team action they continue their development in lower league Italian sides.

I actually think they have over 100 on the first team books, but it’s not quite that black and white.

Interesting. Do you mean they choose not to have the Italian equivalent of a reserve team (U23 team in modern parlance) , or is that not a 'thing' in Italy generally?

I note that in their first team squad of 25 there are only six Italians, if Wikipedia is right. (Is there a minimum number of 'natives' in all European leagues.?)
Atalanta's squad on 22:44 - Feb 19 with 1121 viewsdavblue

Their wage bill is the same as Readings apparently.
Atalanta's squad on 23:02 - Feb 19 with 1082 viewsSharkey

Looking a bit closer , i see that while their youth players all play for precribed lower league clubs in dífferent regional leagues (so I guess not playing against each other) , that of the 65 more senior players out on loan plenty play in major clubs - Roma, Parma, Sampdoria, Calgiari, Bologna included.

I suppose Chelsea do do something similar, but it's an unusual approach.
Atalanta's squad on 09:02 - Feb 20 with 736 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Atalanta's squad on 22:42 - Feb 19 by Sharkey

Interesting. Do you mean they choose not to have the Italian equivalent of a reserve team (U23 team in modern parlance) , or is that not a 'thing' in Italy generally?

I note that in their first team squad of 25 there are only six Italians, if Wikipedia is right. (Is there a minimum number of 'natives' in all European leagues.?)

I believe they call them B teams or subsidiary teams over there. Juventus are the only Italian side with a B side per say.

In regards to 5 Italian players that is correct, only one stared last night (Gollini) and only 3 in the 18.

If you watch the, I encourage you do, they are far from a typical Italian side, very adventurous and creative.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024