Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compensation 14:09 - May 19 with 6630 viewsBrightonBlue

Additional ST compensation just announced. Pretty generous to be fair and option to keep money in the club.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 14:13]
Compensation on 15:25 - May 19 with 1269 viewsJ2BLUE

Compensation on 14:29 - May 19 by borge

Yes, helping your club through a really difficult period is definitely inexplicable....shame on us!

This is what I don't get to be honest. I want to make it clear that it was far from everyone so i'm not claiming it was everyone who renewed but there was A LOT of very self satisfied "I am an ITFC fans and I want to help the club" posts at the time. Now SOME people are demanding a 100% refund.

There may well be no overlap between the two but I doubt that.

Seems odd to me that some wanted the credit of renewing to help the club and now they want full repayment.

This is in no way directed at you personally borge, just a convenient place to make a point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Compensation on 15:27 - May 19 with 1268 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 15:20 - May 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

No internet access?

That must've been a very small minority.

...how do people lived without TWTD? Do you print copies of the forum for those people to read?

I go round their houses and shout the day's threads through their letterboxes.

Quite a few elderly people still don't have Internet access. It's been an interesting controversy in that when the announcement was made there was little furore here or on Twitter as those who post or tweet are those that used iFollow. It was largely those with little or no digital interaction that were the ones who were impacted by it, so it was more of a slow burner. I had a few emails and the Supporters Club had phone calls as did Mark Murphy's radio show.
Compensation on 15:36 - May 19 with 1205 viewsSouperJim

Compensation on 15:25 - May 19 by J2BLUE

This is what I don't get to be honest. I want to make it clear that it was far from everyone so i'm not claiming it was everyone who renewed but there was A LOT of very self satisfied "I am an ITFC fans and I want to help the club" posts at the time. Now SOME people are demanding a 100% refund.

There may well be no overlap between the two but I doubt that.

Seems odd to me that some wanted the credit of renewing to help the club and now they want full repayment.

This is in no way directed at you personally borge, just a convenient place to make a point.

I think you're right. I renewed my season ticket last season because I wanted to support the club and I was hopeful we'd see at least part of the season. Unfortunately the latter turned out to be impossible, but I never wanted ifollow access and wouldn't have purchased an ifollow season ticket.

I didn't expect my money back and I renewed with my eyes open, but the initial refund offer did fall short of what I thought the club would do in order to reward fans for their loyalty. I think their primary mistake was associating it with the ifollow access which had been previously been described as "free". That was always going to be a right can of worms for the reasons already well trodden. I think that led to perhaps more people getting the hump about the whole thing and upping their demands than if the club had just been a little more generous in the first place, i.e. taking into account households which had multiple tickets, fully refunding concessions right off the bat etc.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Compensation on 15:39 - May 19 with 1195 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 14:57 - May 19 by BloomBlue

Good, I'm sure I didn't make any difference but I threatened them twice with legal action if they didn't amend the offer.
How can you charge those people who didn't have access to the internet for a service they couldn't use was totally wrong. Plus where you had more than one season ticket holder in the same house ie 4 people and it wasn't made clear all 4 would be charged was misleading, there are Consumer laws in this Country especially around selling a service you cannot use.

But credit to the club they realised they f****-up and have corrected it

Indeed, I believe a few people had contacted Trading Standards about the matter.
Compensation on 15:39 - May 19 with 1190 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Compensation on 15:27 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

Quite a few elderly people still don't have Internet access. It's been an interesting controversy in that when the announcement was made there was little furore here or on Twitter as those who post or tweet are those that used iFollow. It was largely those with little or no digital interaction that were the ones who were impacted by it, so it was more of a slow burner. I had a few emails and the Supporters Club had phone calls as did Mark Murphy's radio show.

All's well that ends well hey.

I do like the idea of you shouting threads through people's letter boxes, especially those multi pagers with sub threads that disappear of the side of the page!!
[Post edited 19 May 2021 15:40]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Compensation on 15:42 - May 19 with 1166 viewsJ2BLUE

Compensation on 15:36 - May 19 by SouperJim

I think you're right. I renewed my season ticket last season because I wanted to support the club and I was hopeful we'd see at least part of the season. Unfortunately the latter turned out to be impossible, but I never wanted ifollow access and wouldn't have purchased an ifollow season ticket.

I didn't expect my money back and I renewed with my eyes open, but the initial refund offer did fall short of what I thought the club would do in order to reward fans for their loyalty. I think their primary mistake was associating it with the ifollow access which had been previously been described as "free". That was always going to be a right can of worms for the reasons already well trodden. I think that led to perhaps more people getting the hump about the whole thing and upping their demands than if the club had just been a little more generous in the first place, i.e. taking into account households which had multiple tickets, fully refunding concessions right off the bat etc.

Agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Compensation on 15:47 - May 19 with 1130 viewsSpruceMoose

Compensation on 15:39 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I believe a few people had contacted Trading Standards about the matter.

Now I definitely believe it was old geezers without internet access!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Compensation on 15:49 - May 19 with 1131 viewsLeBlue

The refreshing thing here is that the club made a mistake, but listened to the feedback and corrected their stance.

Previously, this sort of thing would have led to entrenched stubbornness and ongoing ill feeling.

So, well done ITFC.
Login to get fewer ads

Compensation on 15:51 - May 19 with 1114 viewsFixed_It

Compensation on 14:57 - May 19 by BloomBlue

Good, I'm sure I didn't make any difference but I threatened them twice with legal action if they didn't amend the offer.
How can you charge those people who didn't have access to the internet for a service they couldn't use was totally wrong. Plus where you had more than one season ticket holder in the same house ie 4 people and it wasn't made clear all 4 would be charged was misleading, there are Consumer laws in this Country especially around selling a service you cannot use.

But credit to the club they realised they f****-up and have corrected it

Legal action? Really?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Compensation on 16:03 - May 19 with 1092 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 15:47 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

Now I definitely believe it was old geezers without internet access!

I think it was a fair point, don't you? Why should people have been charged for a service they didn't ask for and couldn't use? And which had been advertised as free. Think the club has now done the right thing.
Compensation on 16:07 - May 19 with 1052 viewshype313

How did you get emails?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Compensation on 16:09 - May 19 with 1047 viewsFixed_It

Compensation on 16:03 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

I think it was a fair point, don't you? Why should people have been charged for a service they didn't ask for and couldn't use? And which had been advertised as free. Think the club has now done the right thing.

Whilst I agree with that in part, did people really think we were being offered iFollow for free?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Compensation on 16:11 - May 19 with 1035 viewsBloomBlue

Compensation on 15:51 - May 19 by Fixed_It

Legal action? Really?

Yes It wasn't for me I let them keep the refund it was more around the mistreatment of others.
You cannot sell a service without suppling that service, that's the same for all UK companies.
Compensation on 16:14 - May 19 with 1018 viewsPhilTWTD

Compensation on 16:09 - May 19 by Fixed_It

Whilst I agree with that in part, did people really think we were being offered iFollow for free?!

Well, it did say it was free!
Compensation on 16:15 - May 19 with 1000 viewsSpruceMoose

Compensation on 16:03 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

I agree 100%.

I was being an irreverent bell.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Compensation on 16:16 - May 19 with 1009 viewstrncbluearmy

Compensation on 15:49 - May 19 by LeBlue

The refreshing thing here is that the club made a mistake, but listened to the feedback and corrected their stance.

Previously, this sort of thing would have led to entrenched stubbornness and ongoing ill feeling.

So, well done ITFC.

Agreed and will now donate it all back to the club after

1. being annoyed because it was indicated by Evans that ifollow would be free
2. As I annually subscribe to Ifollow and have a season ticket have paid twice

But the club have reacted, made a fair offer and acted like I remember ITFC use to, so now quite happy to give back.

Good service brings it's own rewards

COYB
Compensation on 16:18 - May 19 with 999 viewsBloomBlue

So if you travelled on an airline and they said free food and drink and then they charged you, you wouldn't complain because 'did you really think it was going to be free'?

If you put 'free' in the wording people strangely will assume it's free
Compensation on 16:24 - May 19 with 981 viewsSitfcB

Well yes, we didn’t get the choice to opt out of getting the codes?

The EFL provided it to the clubs for free I read.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Compensation on 16:35 - May 19 with 951 viewsHerbivore

Compensation on 16:18 - May 19 by BloomBlue

So if you travelled on an airline and they said free food and drink and then they charged you, you wouldn't complain because 'did you really think it was going to be free'?

If you put 'free' in the wording people strangely will assume it's free

Not sure your analogy really works. The season ticket is your flight and iFollow is your free food and drink. It's free in that there's no additional charge for it, but you can't rock up at Heathrow asking for a chicken supreme if you've not paid for a flight.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Compensation on 16:40 - May 19 with 948 viewsHerbivore

Compensation on 16:24 - May 19 by SitfcB

Well yes, we didn’t get the choice to opt out of getting the codes?

The EFL provided it to the clubs for free I read.

Out of interest, given that you couldn't attend any games, what did you think your ST was going towards if not giving you the benefit of access to all home games on iFollow?

Compensation on 16:49 - May 19 with 921 viewsSouperJim

Compensation on 16:35 - May 19 by Herbivore

Not sure your analogy really works. The season ticket is your flight and iFollow is your free food and drink. It's free in that there's no additional charge for it, but you can't rock up at Heathrow asking for a chicken supreme if you've not paid for a flight.

Nonsense. A season ticket does not normally come with free ifollow. Here's another analogy, if the plane is grounded and they deliver you free food as a goodwill gesture, it'd be taking the piss a bit if they later deducted the cost of the food from your refund. Particularly if you're vegetarian and they gave you sausage casserole.

Arf.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Compensation on 16:50 - May 19 with 917 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Compensation on 16:35 - May 19 by Herbivore

I think it's more like you turned up for your flight, boarded the plane, were given the chicken supreme whilst being told it was free, ate it (or in some cases didn't eat it), then the flight was cancelled,
You might be excused for being a tad annoyed a week later to find your refund included a deduction for for the 'free' chicken supreme.
Did you get any telegrams? (n/t) on 16:52 - May 19 with 903 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Compensation on 17:17 - May 19 with 861 viewsHerbivore

Compensation on 16:49 - May 19 by SouperJim

Nonsense. A season ticket does not normally come with free ifollow. Here's another analogy, if the plane is grounded and they deliver you free food as a goodwill gesture, it'd be taking the piss a bit if they later deducted the cost of the food from your refund. Particularly if you're vegetarian and they gave you sausage casserole.

Arf.

Why did you buy an airline ticket for a grounded flight?

Compensation on 17:50 - May 19 with 828 viewsSpruceMoose

Compensation on 17:17 - May 19 by Herbivore

Why did you buy an airline ticket for a grounded flight?

So Richard Branson didn't have to fork out as much. Or something.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024