Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember Karel Sikora? 22:09 - Jun 10 with 1457 viewsMullet

I'd forgotten all about him since he blocked me on twitter, presumably by searching his name as he wasn't tagged in a thread questioning him. Well this has just cropped up on my twitter feed and it really is stunning.

To think if half of this is true, and the right wingers were squarely pushing this guy from the off in a pandemic he basically denied wherever possible...

https://www.farrightwatch.net/2020/06/the-right-wings-favourite-crazy.html

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Remember Karel Sikora? on 23:34 - Jun 10 with 1281 viewsPlums

I knew some of this about him but there are elements there that I hadn’t seen before and it’s frightening how big a platform he’s been given.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Remember Karel Sikora? on 23:48 - Jun 10 with 1250 viewsjeera

If this doesn't convince them nothing will:

"He was one of three doctors that enabled Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi to be released, after obtaining a diagnosis of imminent terminal cancer. The services were paid for by the Libyan Government. Sikora gave him three months to live ... whereupon al-Megrahi recovered in miraculous fashion, living on for several years."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Remember Karel Sikora? on 07:40 - Jun 11 with 1015 viewstractordownsouth

I remember him being retweeted by Hartley-Brewer and the rest of the cranks. After this, they'll probably love him even more!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Remember Karel Sikora? on 07:44 - Jun 11 with 1002 viewsfooters

His views were often quoted by Enlightened Centrists on here during the first months of the pandemic by people who, frankly, should have known better.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Remember Karel Sikora? on 07:53 - Jun 11 with 969 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Amazing how far a title can carry you. All over by June he said. June 2020.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Remember Karel Sikora? on 08:31 - Jun 11 with 884 viewsElderGrizzly

Remember Karel Sikora? on 07:44 - Jun 11 by footers

His views were often quoted by Enlightened Centrists on here during the first months of the pandemic by people who, frankly, should have known better.

As others have said, he became popular because he basically said the opposite of the experts. He said the pandemic would be over last May, then by August, then October.

He works for a private medical chain who lost a fortune during the pandemic too, hence his desperation to open up.

He is a fraud. Simple as that.
Remember Karel Sikora? on 08:42 - Jun 11 with 863 viewsJohnWarksTash

He trained in the Oncology department of Ipswich Hospital.....apparently he was a bit of an arse.
Remember Karel Sikora? on 08:43 - Jun 11 with 861 viewsvilanovablue

I kind of had him on ignore from the outset. If you have a little Google about the guy he really is a nasty piece of work. As has been pointed out some fairly sensible people were quoting him without really understanding his background and motivation.
Login to get fewer ads

Remember Karel Sikora? on 08:44 - Jun 11 with 857 viewsfooters

Remember Karel Sikora? on 08:31 - Jun 11 by ElderGrizzly

As others have said, he became popular because he basically said the opposite of the experts. He said the pandemic would be over last May, then by August, then October.

He works for a private medical chain who lost a fortune during the pandemic too, hence his desperation to open up.

Surely you mean his voice is a rare, positive beacon of hope to all of us who wish to drink at Spoons again at the first available opportunity?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Remember Karel Sikora? on 08:53 - Jun 11 with 841 viewstractordownsouth

AKA the American Toby Young

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Remember Karel Sikora? on 10:55 - Jun 11 with 737 viewsJohnWarksTash

He enquired years ago about buying into the radiotherapy department in Ipswich to use for his private practice....he was told no.....very quickly....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024