Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s next lads? 13:27 - Oct 4 with 1867 viewschicoazul

David Walliams: 'Harmful' Chinese character removed from children's book https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58786769

Hope these guys don’t read any Dickens any time soon. Although if this is about basically annoying David Walliams then I’m all for it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What’s next lads? on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 327 viewsDarth_Koont

What’s next lads? on 15:07 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

So popular is one of your criteria for scrutiny and change. How popular? How many should a book containing stereotypes be allowed to sell before it needs to be changed?
Modern is another. How modern? Last 15 years? Last 20?
Children’s book is another. Who decides if a book is exclusively for children or only partly? Do we establish a committee for deciding this? Or should we leave it to you?

Yes, all those things I mentioned should be defined and argued about on their own individual and totally independent merits ...

Jeez. It’s a contemporary book for kids that should be better than that. So the publisher will make a change to future re-prints that are down to its ongoing popularity. Case closed.

Pronouns: He/Him

What’s next lads? on 15:57 - Oct 4 with 298 viewschicoazul

What’s next lads? on 15:46 - Oct 4 by Darth_Koont

Yes, all those things I mentioned should be defined and argued about on their own individual and totally independent merits ...

Jeez. It’s a contemporary book for kids that should be better than that. So the publisher will make a change to future re-prints that are down to its ongoing popularity. Case closed.

As suspected.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What’s next lads? on 17:31 - Oct 4 with 247 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

What’s next lads? on 15:07 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

So popular is one of your criteria for scrutiny and change. How popular? How many should a book containing stereotypes be allowed to sell before it needs to be changed?
Modern is another. How modern? Last 15 years? Last 20?
Children’s book is another. Who decides if a book is exclusively for children or only partly? Do we establish a committee for deciding this? Or should we leave it to you?

Establish a committee? Pah, you're way behind the curve here Chico. We obviously need the government to run a competition.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024