Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 17:24 - May 6 with 3600 views68blue

2 more direct debits cancelled today. With Chambers signing new contract can only mean MM still with us next season. So With a fit Webster,can only see Chambers back at RB ,meaning Emanuel being left out. Hope I am wrong,but can not see us doing any better next season.
Season tickets on 17:25 - May 6 with 3569 viewstaximan

3 at the back ?
Season tickets on 17:44 - May 6 with 3508 viewsBenters

Season tickets on 17:25 - May 6 by taximan

3 at the back ?

No, 7 .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Season tickets on 17:46 - May 6 with 3508 viewsBluebell

Mick said he was staying weeks ago and also said he would take up the year's option on Chambers.

What didn't you understand about that?
Season tickets on 17:47 - May 6 with 3494 viewsBenters

Dont blame you,some on here think there will be big old spend up in the summer,i cant see it myself.

Gentlybentley

Season tickets on 18:01 - May 6 with 3432 viewschristiand

Season tickets on 17:47 - May 6 by Benters

Dont blame you,some on here think there will be big old spend up in the summer,i cant see it myself.

Come on Benters we all know ME will put in 'loads' of £1m bids for numerous players, but shock horror we end up with no one apart from a Ryman League Premier player and a couple from the loan market. Hooray for more crap football to look forward to under MM next season and the need for neck braces...pitiful!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Season tickets on 18:14 - May 6 with 3371 viewsBenters

Season tickets on 18:01 - May 6 by christiand

Come on Benters we all know ME will put in 'loads' of £1m bids for numerous players, but shock horror we end up with no one apart from a Ryman League Premier player and a couple from the loan market. Hooray for more crap football to look forward to under MM next season and the need for neck braces...pitiful!

sad times

Gentlybentley

Season tickets on 18:21 - May 6 with 3353 viewsbrogansnose

I would rather us sign up Chambers than not. Emmanuel is improving but ready yet and the question is how that ball gets out from defence. Chambers gives you options and at times this season he's shown a lot of grit, determination and has dug deep more so than a lot of others.
Season tickets on 18:44 - May 6 with 3291 viewsRegencyBlue

Season tickets on 18:21 - May 6 by brogansnose

I would rather us sign up Chambers than not. Emmanuel is improving but ready yet and the question is how that ball gets out from defence. Chambers gives you options and at times this season he's shown a lot of grit, determination and has dug deep more so than a lot of others.

Chambers at right back again is not an option for me. MM has been trying that for three years and it doesn't work!

In his proper position I have no problem with Chambers. I'm not quite sure of your comment about how the ball gets out of defence. Chambers does what our entire defence does, apart from Webster, which is lump it forward and hope for the best!
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 19:07 - May 6 with 3229 viewsbrogansnose

Season tickets on 18:44 - May 6 by RegencyBlue

Chambers at right back again is not an option for me. MM has been trying that for three years and it doesn't work!

In his proper position I have no problem with Chambers. I'm not quite sure of your comment about how the ball gets out of defence. Chambers does what our entire defence does, apart from Webster, which is lump it forward and hope for the best!

Exactly. Someone should sit in front of them and pass it out. I quite like the idea of a back three of Webster, Chambers and Smithy with a couple of wing backs as an option. Someone sitting in front of Chambers and Smith, who are not the greatest passers in the World would help. Let's give them options and easy outs , something that Wednesday did with ease last week.

Agree with Chambers soley at RB and I'm sure so would he. I would be loathe to lose him but its a matter of how they all fit together which isn't that difficult.
Season tickets on 19:21 - May 6 with 3196 viewsTheBlueBarca

Season tickets on 18:01 - May 6 by christiand

When we pretty much announced during the transfer window that we wouldnt be spending more than £2million on a single player I think the club set out its ambition for this season fairly clearly.

The fact we have had our worst season probably ever and the manager is still in post and the players who were part of this disaster of a campaign are getting new contracts shows exactly the extent of the ambition for next season too.

Then we hear this rubbish that if you don't renew your not a real supporter from those still mad enough to go!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Season tickets on 19:42 - May 6 with 3116 views12th_Man

😄😄😄 another one bites the dust. Think it will be Kenlock Webster Chambers Emmanuel back four

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Season tickets on 20:02 - May 6 with 3065 viewschristiand

Season tickets on 19:42 - May 6 by 12th_Man

😄😄😄 another one bites the dust. Think it will be Kenlock Webster Chambers Emmanuel back four

I'm pleased Chambers has resigned he has certainly shown the right attitude and application since the January business. I just worry that MM just doesn't learn - nothing to do with Chambers btw. I can just see next season being exactly the same as this year. Players played out of position, selection of his favourites, playing players out of position to accommodate his favourites, playing different formations but not having any idea of how to play it effectively, negativity in his approach to games - settle for draws home and away and finally the football is just utter garbage worthy of being a bottom feeder team in this dvivsion. I watched Hartlepool today and they play better football than us and they're fighting for their lives to stay in the football league. That can't be right?
[Post edited 6 May 2017 21:27]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Season tickets on 21:27 - May 6 with 2908 viewsnodge_blue

Chambers will play CB. I really dont see the problem with his signing.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Season tickets on 22:52 - May 6 with 2780 viewsPlums

Season tickets on 19:07 - May 6 by brogansnose

Exactly. Someone should sit in front of them and pass it out. I quite like the idea of a back three of Webster, Chambers and Smithy with a couple of wing backs as an option. Someone sitting in front of Chambers and Smith, who are not the greatest passers in the World would help. Let's give them options and easy outs , something that Wednesday did with ease last week.

Agree with Chambers soley at RB and I'm sure so would he. I would be loathe to lose him but its a matter of how they all fit together which isn't that difficult.

Fair enough. The trouble is, we know that player is going to be Skuse and he needs someone else to pass the ball forwards so we end up with two central midfielders doing the job of one and hey, presto it's a repeat of the last 18 months.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Season tickets on 23:24 - May 6 with 2724 viewsRocky

Season tickets on 19:07 - May 6 by brogansnose

Our problem has never really been how we defend. It's been the fact that we have no midfield to control a game. We hardly ever have more than about 40% possession - which means our defence is nearly always under the cosh. Simple as. Find just 2 players who can pass to each other, boss the midfield, and our defensive problems will look a whole lot better.
Season tickets on 01:15 - May 7 with 2654 viewsSuperfrans

Season tickets on 18:44 - May 6 by RegencyBlue

When you say it doesn't work, you mean the season we qualified for the play-offs didn't work? Weird, by any objective assessment it clearly did.

Like it or not, we've been one of the meanest defences in the division over the past two or three seasons, with Chambers at right back much of the time.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Season tickets on 12:38 - May 7 with 2416 viewsbraveblue

Season tickets on 18:21 - May 6 by brogansnose

His distribution is awful.
Season tickets on 14:49 - May 7 with 2344 viewsRegencyBlue

Season tickets on 01:15 - May 7 by Superfrans

When you say it doesn't work, you mean the season we qualified for the play-offs didn't work? Weird, by any objective assessment it clearly did.

Like it or not, we've been one of the meanest defences in the division over the past two or three seasons, with Chambers at right back much of the time.

Don't take my word for it, look at how opposition managers targeted Chambers again and again!

How many goals conceded came from the right hand side? I'll tell you, too many!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024