Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager Panic! 10:34 - Oct 22 with 7485 viewsjjblue84

Why is it that fans start squawking for the manager to be sacked in OCTOBER when a few results haven’t gone their way? 5 more goals and we’d be in the top half!! On such fine margins does the squawking begin for some...
Manager Panic! on 10:36 - Oct 22 with 3221 viewsitfcjoe

Because we are going backwards and are bottom of the league, and he looks miles out of his depth.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Manager Panic! on 10:36 - Oct 22 with 3219 viewsPJH

Certainly fine margins.

Should have lost to Blackburn and Brentford,could have lost at Swansea....
Manager Panic! on 10:37 - Oct 22 with 3210 viewsJ2BLUE

Oh my god you're right, how stupid of everyone!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Manager Panic! on 10:38 - Oct 22 with 3208 viewsskyblue23

Maybe because Hurst doesn't know his best squad let alone starting line up and we've had 2 international breaks. You also mention 5 goals? We struggle to score 1 in 90 minutes, let alone saying 5 more goals and we'd be in the top half. I respect your optimism, but after Saturday I have lost all patients and something needs to change. Preferably Evans but realistically that won't happen, so has to be Hurst.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Manager Panic! on 10:39 - Oct 22 with 3189 viewsJ2BLUE

Manager Panic! on 10:38 - Oct 22 by skyblue23

Maybe because Hurst doesn't know his best squad let alone starting line up and we've had 2 international breaks. You also mention 5 goals? We struggle to score 1 in 90 minutes, let alone saying 5 more goals and we'd be in the top half. I respect your optimism, but after Saturday I have lost all patients and something needs to change. Preferably Evans but realistically that won't happen, so has to be Hurst.

Our goal difference is -9 as well so we could have 5 more goals and go up just one place.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Manager Panic! on 10:50 - Oct 22 with 3147 viewsFixed_It

Manager Panic! on 10:36 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Because we are going backwards and are bottom of the league, and he looks miles out of his depth.

I really want it to work. But it clearly isn't. And I have always shown loyalty to our managers must longer than most

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Manager Panic! on 10:55 - Oct 22 with 3121 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 10:36 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Which you can’t tell from less than 30% of the season gone. Hilarious panic!
Manager Panic! on 10:55 - Oct 22 with 3119 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

If we looked like we might have got those 5 goals then fair enough.

If we looked like we were about to turn the corner then fair enough.

But we could make a serious case for actually being much better off points wise for where performances have deserved us to be. For example, we should have taken nothing at Swansea and came away with 3 points.

I wanted Hurst as manager, I supported him when people were calling for his head after 5 or 6 games, but we are now 14 games in, have won once, that was lucky and we have no shape, identity or commitment.

We look a million times worse than the start of the season when we should have an idea of the strongest side, tactics and be making improvements. We look like we are playing out the season in reverse.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Manager Panic! on 10:56 - Oct 22 with 3108 viewsGeoffSentence

Because we look a mile off getting even one of those 5 goals.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Manager Panic! on 11:00 - Oct 22 with 3088 viewsGuthrum

Correction: All the results bar one.

Five goals we haven't scored. Against that can be set several occasions when we were fortunate not to concede.

Were you not 'squawking' in October 2012?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 11:21]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Manager Panic! on 11:00 - Oct 22 with 3073 viewsGarv

Manager Panic! on 10:55 - Oct 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If we looked like we might have got those 5 goals then fair enough.

If we looked like we were about to turn the corner then fair enough.

But we could make a serious case for actually being much better off points wise for where performances have deserved us to be. For example, we should have taken nothing at Swansea and came away with 3 points.

I wanted Hurst as manager, I supported him when people were calling for his head after 5 or 6 games, but we are now 14 games in, have won once, that was lucky and we have no shape, identity or commitment.

We look a million times worse than the start of the season when we should have an idea of the strongest side, tactics and be making improvements. We look like we are playing out the season in reverse.

What makes you say we should have taken nothing at Swansea?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Manager Panic! on 11:02 - Oct 22 with 3057 viewschicoazul

Manager Panic! on 10:55 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

We can always tell the people who dont go to games and actually watch the team play, you should make it less obvious.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Manager Panic! on 11:05 - Oct 22 with 3042 viewsbrazil1982

Maybe I'm in panic mode now because I don't want to play Fleetwood next season?
Manager Panic! on 11:05 - Oct 22 with 3046 viewsGuthrum

Manager Panic! on 10:55 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

Which leaves us 70% of the season to get probably 80% of the points we will need to barely survive in this division. We're already behind the curve.

Look, I'm an eternal optimist. I defended McCarthy to the hilt, Jewell and even Keane. But I can't see any sign that Hurst really knows how to turn things around. If we'd kicked on from Swansea (or the second half against Brentford), then there might be cause for hope. But we've fallen straight back again - despite him having just had two weeks clear to drill and prepare the squad.

Manager Panic! on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 3032 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 11:05 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

Which leaves us 70% of the season to get probably 80% of the points we will need to barely survive in this division. We're already behind the curve.

Look, I'm an eternal optimist. I defended McCarthy to the hilt, Jewell and even Keane. But I can't see any sign that Hurst really knows how to turn things around. If we'd kicked on from Swansea (or the second half against Brentford), then there might be cause for hope. But we've fallen straight back again - despite him having just had two weeks clear to drill and prepare the squad.

You mean you don’t *want* to see any signs, such as we’ve taken points from the MAJORITY of our games. How can a team with NO HOPE do that???
Manager Panic! on 11:11 - Oct 22 with 3002 viewsPinewoodblue

Some reading material for you.
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48870/qpr-turn-por

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Manager Panic! on 11:17 - Oct 22 with 2982 viewsGuthrum

Manager Panic! on 11:08 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

You mean you don’t *want* to see any signs, such as we’ve taken points from the MAJORITY of our games. How can a team with NO HOPE do that???

We've taken a single point from six out of our 13 games and three points from just the one, so an extremely narrow majority. Replicated over a whole season, that's 32 points - and definite relegation (only very rarely enough to avoid 24th place).

How is that supposed to give the fans any hope that we can even stay in this division. let alone make progress?

Manager Panic! on 11:21 - Oct 22 with 2953 viewsjeera

You've yet to be correct on any subject you've posted on so far.

What makes you think this one's any different?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Manager Panic! on 11:24 - Oct 22 with 2946 viewsDanTheMan

Manager Panic! on 11:05 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

Basically where I'm at. Defended managers long past their sell-by date.

But this is different. What little plan there might have been at the start of the season has gone out the window to be replaced by nothing. Some baffling decisions in terms of team selection too.

I'm astonished Evans has not pulled the trigger. The only reasons I can think of is that he is even more an optimist than most or he wants to sell.

If it's the latter, nobody is going to want to buy us when they can get us much cheaper come next June.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Manager Panic! on 11:26 - Oct 22 with 2939 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 11:17 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

We've taken a single point from six out of our 13 games and three points from just the one, so an extremely narrow majority. Replicated over a whole season, that's 32 points - and definite relegation (only very rarely enough to avoid 24th place).

How is that supposed to give the fans any hope that we can even stay in this division. let alone make progress?

Why would it replicate over a season? Form goes up and down! All you’re doing is taking a bad run then just multiplying it up...this is why there’s 46 games in a season and it’s not decided 28% of the way through....
Manager Panic! on 11:30 - Oct 22 with 2912 viewsGuthrum

Manager Panic! on 11:26 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

Why would it replicate over a season? Form goes up and down! All you’re doing is taking a bad run then just multiplying it up...this is why there’s 46 games in a season and it’s not decided 28% of the way through....

OK. You tell me what evidence you have that this current form (over a considerable number of games) will not replicate over the remainder of the season?

Also, I ask again, what were your thoughts in late October 2012?

Manager Panic! on 11:31 - Oct 22 with 2904 viewsGeoffSentence

There is nothing to show that it will get any better. Nothing. It's more likely to get worse.

I would be interested to hear what you have seen that makes you think it will get better though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Manager Panic! on 11:35 - Oct 22 with 2887 viewsPJH

Right, so if Hurst stays we might not do as well as we have done so far?
Manager Panic! on 11:52 - Oct 22 with 2857 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 11:30 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

OK. You tell me what evidence you have that this current form (over a considerable number of games) will not replicate over the remainder of the season?

Also, I ask again, what were your thoughts in late October 2012?

The fact that form goes up and down for most team means it’s the most likely outcome...what would be strange is that if it DIDNT change...
Manager Panic! on 11:53 - Oct 22 with 2852 viewsjjblue84

Manager Panic! on 11:35 - Oct 22 by PJH

Right, so if Hurst stays we might not do as well as we have done so far?

Hugely unlikely!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024