Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... 00:03 - Sep 12 with 7426 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds it and people appear to have gone ape-sh1t on Twitter, no tweets from anyone playing it down. If this isn’t sensationalist or a dodgy source and what it’s getting across is true my brain might explode from the madness.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:27 - Sep 12 with 793 viewsSpruceMoose

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 09:21 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

do you know they've given millions? and when did they donate? if it was before or during the referendum then it's a bit of a stretch to claim that it is shaping their risk positions now. seems to me that the tweet is throwing together some vague associations and trying to build a conspiracy out of them.

So you have these questions, that would be worth looking into, but you're still happy to declare 'nothing to see here'?

Interesting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:31 - Sep 12 with 774 viewsmonytowbray

Starting to trend on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DisasterCapitalism&src=trend_click&f=live

Really surprised it's no where to be seen on any of the main media sites, even debunks. Are they waiting for more information? This is insane.

TWTD never forgets…

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:32 - Sep 12 with 764 viewswkj

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:31 - Sep 12 by monytowbray

Starting to trend on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DisasterCapitalism&src=trend_click&f=live

Really surprised it's no where to be seen on any of the main media sites, even debunks. Are they waiting for more information? This is insane.

Because flimflam said there is nothing to see here, can you not read? I thought the added carrots you'd be eating would have given you super sight by now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:34 - Sep 12 with 752 viewsmonytowbray

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:32 - Sep 12 by wkj

Because flimflam said there is nothing to see here, can you not read? I thought the added carrots you'd be eating would have given you super sight by now.

It's offset by all the recreational chemicals I ingest.

TWTD never forgets…

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:36 - Sep 12 with 743 viewswkj

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:34 - Sep 12 by monytowbray

It's offset by all the recreational chemicals I ingest.

I see you and GlasgowBlue are enjoying cases upon cases of Diet Coke with one another

Crybaby

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:40 - Sep 12 with 724 viewsfooters

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:36 - Sep 12 by wkj

I see you and GlasgowBlue are enjoying cases upon cases of Diet Coke with one another

Substance abuse issues, no doubt.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:45 - Sep 12 with 703 viewswkj

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 09:51 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

brexit has become so tribal that people simply can't comprehend how someone can legitimately have a different view from them. I voted remain, my side lost, I want to see the referendum result honoured through a deal. that's a logical and honest position. the fact that I don't shout the same slogans as you or get over-excited at every anti Brexit story, doesn't make me the same as farage. the tribal, blinkered, intolerant nature of Brexit discussions now is truly awful.

Are you doing okay lowhouse? Or have you had one too many coffees at the chapel this morning, your posts are usually well punctuated and structured, this one doesn't seem to live up to your typical quality of presentation.

Crybaby

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:48 - Sep 12 with 689 viewschicoazul

Hmm. 8bn is a drop in the ocean to be honest in terms of transactions. But who would honestly be surprised if Hedge Funds do indeed make a lot of money off BRrexit, especially those ones that backed it in the first place?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:40 - Sep 12 with 664 viewsfooters

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:45 - Sep 12 by wkj

Are you doing okay lowhouse? Or have you had one too many coffees at the chapel this morning, your posts are usually well punctuated and structured, this one doesn't seem to live up to your typical quality of presentation.

Decaf or a nice Horlicks might be a better option. Especially if you're planning on taking a nap or two.

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:49 - Sep 12 with 645 viewsjeera

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:48 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

Hmm. 8bn is a drop in the ocean to be honest in terms of transactions. But who would honestly be surprised if Hedge Funds do indeed make a lot of money off BRrexit, especially those ones that backed it in the first place?

But not just backed it, but helped make it happen.

That's not the same thing at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:51 - Sep 12 with 637 viewslowhouseblue

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 11:45 - Sep 12 by wkj

'coffees at the chapel'? i'm hoping that means something to you?

the discussion of brexit on here is awful. it's the same group endlessly shouting out the same slogans and trying desperately to out do one another with their outrage. it's the end of democracy, boris is a liar, it's a capitalist plot, there's been a coup, boris has committed treason, people are going to die in the streets, it's illegal, there won't be any lettuce, etc, etc and if you disagree you're a tory. repeat ad nauseum. it's both depressing and very very dull.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:54 - Sep 12 with 625 viewsmonytowbray

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:51 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

the discussion of brexit on here is awful. it's the same group endlessly shouting out the same slogans and trying desperately to out do one another with their outrage. it's the end of democracy, boris is a liar, it's a capitalist plot, there's been a coup, boris has committed treason, people are going to die in the streets, it's illegal, there won't be any lettuce, etc, etc and if you disagree you're a tory. repeat ad nauseum. it's both depressing and very very dull.

You have read your input on Labour/Corbyn threads, right!?

TWTD never forgets…

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 614 viewsfooters

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:51 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

We apologise that the level of discourse doesn't satisfy you. You're not forced to read any of it if it upsets you so much y'know.

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 609 viewswkj

Opinions should be welcomed no matter how much we agree or disagree with them, so too should rebuttal, which is what I see on TWTD. What I do not see is people making it personal, with a few exceptions of "nice to see you grow a pear" and lower class jabs like those. We should be welcoming debate in my opinion.

Crybaby

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:03 - Sep 12 with 582 viewsitfcjoe

This thread is a mile away from that, is probably one of the threads with the most genuine discussion on things about Brexit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:06 - Sep 12 with 578 viewslowhouseblue

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 12:56 - Sep 12 by wkj

Opinions should be welcomed no matter how much we agree or disagree with them, so too should rebuttal, which is what I see on TWTD. What I do not see is people making it personal, with a few exceptions of "nice to see you grow a pear" and lower class jabs like those. We should be welcoming debate in my opinion.

it's not really debate though is it - it's a form of group think more akin to chanting. say anything out of line and you're a tory etc.

I don't really understand why Brexit has become so incredibly tribal.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:12 - Sep 12 with 552 viewsitfcjoe

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:06 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

it's not really debate though is it - it's a form of group think more akin to chanting. say anything out of line and you're a tory etc.

The Vote Leave campaign literally set it up to be tribal - watch the Cambridge Analytica programme on Netflix - it is/was their MO - divide people, drive that wedge further and further in pursuit of pleasing their pay masters.

It's not conspiracy, it's all out there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:13 - Sep 12 with 547 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 09:51 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

brexit has become so tribal that people simply can't comprehend how someone can legitimately have a different view from them. I voted remain, my side lost, I want to see the referendum result honoured through a deal. that's a logical and honest position. the fact that I don't shout the same slogans as you or get over-excited at every anti Brexit story, doesn't make me the same as farage. the tribal, blinkered, intolerant nature of Brexit discussions now is truly awful.

"Oh Jeremy Corbyn".....let me hear you now.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:15 - Sep 12 with 543 viewslowhouseblue

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:12 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

The Vote Leave campaign literally set it up to be tribal - watch the Cambridge Analytica programme on Netflix - it is/was their MO - divide people, drive that wedge further and further in pursuit of pleasing their pay masters.

It's not conspiracy, it's all out there

who were vote leaves 'paymasters'? and how have they been pleased (in a 'not a conspiracy' sense of course)?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:15 - Sep 12 with 539 viewsSpruceMoose

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:06 - Sep 12 by lowhouseblue

You have me pondering your lack of understanding now. Obviously I have no idea about you, so lets talk in general.

One explanation could be that if a person couldn't understand why it's so tribal then maybe they live in a bubble where they have the luxury of it not severely impacting them or those they know.

If that were the case then maybe they should consider tagging out of the game and keeping quiet rather than lobbing snide comments from the sidelines.

To talk generally.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 13:17]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:17 - Sep 12 with 527 viewswkj

On some posts it has, but on this one all I have seen is reasonable debate. As for tribalism, don't look to blame the individual for that one, it has become a stratergy used by people far more powerful than most the TWTD base.

It is said that being wrong, or, the though of being wrong works similar to how pain works, so it is only natural that a fight or flight response kicks in online.

The withdrawal from the EU has promised utopia for some, and threatens distopia for others, that is how they have presented this in the media, and strategically so. Debate on forums like these, until it becomes personal, is much better than simply putting ourselves in the propaganda bubbles on social media and becoming retweet jockies letting others think for us.

For example, your vote in the referendum was not on the winning side, but we should honour the result. Perfectly valid opinion

The leave campaign told lies and used underhanded social media campaigns to swing a referendum, we should have another. Perfectly valid opinion

Project fear is making people worried about something needlessly. Again, valid opinion.

Nothing to see here - which I objected to on the grounds of people should always be open to seeing the bigger picture, no matter how insignificant it may be. Nothing tribalism in that at all, in fact it is the exact opposite, encouraging objectivity and a wider view on the situation.

This post has to be one of the more proactive discussions on the subject of recent times, even if it was callis who initiated it
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 13:19]

Crybaby

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:20 - Sep 12 with 516 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:15 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

You have me pondering your lack of understanding now. Obviously I have no idea about you, so lets talk in general.

One explanation could be that if a person couldn't understand why it's so tribal then maybe they live in a bubble where they have the luxury of it not severely impacting them or those they know.

If that were the case then maybe they should consider tagging out of the game and keeping quiet rather than lobbing snide comments from the sidelines.

To talk generally.

You're wrong he is right......there I said it.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:21 - Sep 12 with 513 viewsmonytowbray

Honestly, I have posted this unsure as I come, but the best response we've had so far is "It's not THAT much money" and "That's normal stuff people in hedge funding do". Seems a bit off seeing as the main point was is this whole disaster being influenced and funded by those who will benefit from the profit.

If you have evidence to show that's not the case I'm open to see it, if anything I would sigh with relieve knowing it's not true.

TWTD never forgets…

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:22 - Sep 12 with 511 viewsSpruceMoose

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:20 - Sep 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're wrong he is right......there I said it.....

I enjoyed that debate! At least it was over quickly! Pub?

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:22 - Sep 12 with 510 viewslowhouseblue

The finance sector is a mystery to me so not sure if this is big or not... on 13:15 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

To talk generally.

of course it will impact upon me as anyone else. but all of politics impacts a wide range of people - and few issues become this divisive and tribal.

I assume that living abroad the immediate impact upon you may be different from the impact on others. so you could take your own advice perhaps.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024