Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well played BrewDog 15:38 - May 27 with 3765 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test

NEW ENGLAND IPA
Short sighted beer for tall stories. Our New England, Old School IPA is locked down and loaded.

Dry-hopped for a juicy hit with pineapple, mango and hint of zesty lime.

All profits will go to funding our production of free sanitiser for the NHS & Health Care Charities.

Excellent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well played BrewDog on 17:15 - May 27 with 861 viewsBlueBadger

Well played BrewDog on 16:21 - May 27 by Reuser_is_God

First time one of your posts has made me laugh anyway.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 16:23]

57th time you've said this anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well played BrewDog on 17:20 - May 27 with 843 viewsSpruceMoose

Well played BrewDog on 16:06 - May 27 by Reuser_is_God

You shop in Lush? I must've missed you coming out as gay, congratulations.

Do your mates laugh at that kind of thing?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well played BrewDog on 17:22 - May 27 with 838 viewsleitrimblue

Well played BrewDog on 16:44 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Nearly hit Lucan, he's gonna need to keep his head down
Well played BrewDog on 18:17 - May 27 with 803 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well played BrewDog on 16:58 - May 27 by monytowbray

Lip service mate.

It's not lip service. The missus works for the Living Wage Foundation and they have a whistleblower service where any employee of these businesses can contact them if they're not receiving the Real Living Wage.

This includes contract cleaners who aren't even directly employed by the company in question. It is very robust and they accept no excuses.

The employers have to agree to this as part of their accreditation - and if there's one case they lose that accreditation.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well played BrewDog on 19:52 - May 27 with 772 viewsmonytowbray

Well played BrewDog on 18:17 - May 27 by BrixtonBlue

It's not lip service. The missus works for the Living Wage Foundation and they have a whistleblower service where any employee of these businesses can contact them if they're not receiving the Real Living Wage.

This includes contract cleaners who aren't even directly employed by the company in question. It is very robust and they accept no excuses.

The employers have to agree to this as part of their accreditation - and if there's one case they lose that accreditation.

You need to read the link in that post to Badger.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well played BrewDog on 20:09 - May 27 with 759 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well played BrewDog on 15:54 - May 27 by monytowbray

The cynic in me sees Brewdog jumping on their “lovey dovey” brand of being an indie brewer but they’re a cog in the machine like the rest of big business. Same with Lush, eventually all that’s left of the ethics in a business is the brand and strap line before it gets sold off to Greene King/Unilever.

The other day I was in Morrisons and they had no face washes I knew were vegan friendly and I had to read the back. Most had the Unilever logo on them. Illusion of free choice whilst we head frantically towards monopolies.

Also I’m p1ssed off at Lush because today they sent me a tiny pot of R&B I ordered in a box 8 times the size filled with polystyrene peanuts. Defeats the purpose really if you are clinging onto being an environmental brand. I know several people who work/have worked at Lush and it’s all a marketing front these days. Awful to staff, pay is the bare minimum when added up with hours and disciplinaries for MH issues. But they have no issue spashing out big money to send mouthwash to space or host a big birthday showcase for the founder.

Money and power corrupts all.

If anyone knows a product similar to Lush R&B by the way I can use to keep my beard tidy I’m all ears.

Sorry for the side rant. Actually no I’m not. SIDE RANT.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 15:55]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well played BrewDog on 20:28 - May 27 with 745 viewsEdwardStone

Well played BrewDog on 16:17 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Well I thought the labelling of the can in a style of an eye-test along with the hazier lettering as you get further down were quite good.

Also nice that the proceeds go to making free hand sanitiser for the NHS.

So cynical or not it's for a good cause and quite good fun.

SB

Slight problem being that "New England IPA" actually tastes a lot like hand sanitiser
Well played BrewDog on 23:34 - May 27 with 696 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well played BrewDog on 19:52 - May 27 by monytowbray

You need to read the link in that post to Badger.

I read a bit of it but I haven't got forever. They are individual members of staff complaining about bosses, from what I saw. I read through a few and got bored. Where is the stuff about poor pay (which is what I commented on)?

You've also ignored what I said about Brewdog being Living Wage.

I've given you the facts about how both these companies pay their staff, and you've fobbed me off with a blog of staff complaints.

Anyway, I don't really care about either of these companies, they have nothing to do with me, so I'll leave it there. It would be good if you could just accept that I know what I'm talking about here, but I'm not going to get into a ding dong about it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024