Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE 20:38 - Apr 3 with 117172 viewsgreyhound

Happy Easter one and all.

Hold on to your hats and refresh every 5 minutes throughout Wednesday and Thursday, the deals been done and completion confirmed.

As Paul Cook hinted we are in for a very exciting summer. Its dragged on but now we can focus onwards and upwards.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:27 - Apr 7 with 3972 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:15 - Apr 7 by Horsham

That isn’t a tough question to answer to be fair. Nobody comes out of final negotiations and announces a deal has been done, everything would remain confidential until agreed to go public.

If it's done it's done, it doesn't take 4 or 5 days to announce it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 3912 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:16 - Apr 7 by tonybied

Phil's silence is deafening, he's online too! Surely he would've shot this down before now as he has done fairly quickly with most posts of this fashion recently.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 10:17]

He already has shot it down if you read the rest of the thread.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 3906 viewsNeedhamChris

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:22 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is a bit different though. ITFC is something I care about. And I want people on here to engage their brains with the so-called info they're being fed, yet I've had abuse for it because people so desperately want to believe it's true.

I don't believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden... but I'm not invested in them!

After the grief I've got I'll be expecting apologies... just as I will be more than happy to dish them out if indeed greyhound is correct.

In fairness, the people claiming/hoping it to be true haven't been rude, condescending and just downright unpleasant in this thread.

Them: Yes, this is it! We hope it's real. You: You're all stupid/idiots. Hence why they would deserve an apology.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:31 - Apr 7 with 3812 viewsitfctilidie

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:29 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you are so adamant the op doesn’t have the correct info and you have made your mind up that is the case, then why are you hovering around the post like a bad smell chipping in with comments? You are tiresome, you have made your point now move along
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:34 - Apr 7 with 3705 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:21 - Apr 7 by Dennyx4

In all honesty the timings would work, and are plausible.

Assuming the deal was finally agreed on the Friday or Saturday over Easter, the Banks/Solicitors would not be back to work until yesterday, to receive the funds or complete the legal paperwork.

Usually with house purchases (know this is slightly different) solicitors usually ask for funds the day before completion to ensure that there are no hiccups. It is common practice for a solicitor to request the funds from a bank on a Thursday, ready for completion on the Friday.

Possible. Although greyhound would've got that info VERY quickly if it was completed on Saturday and he announced it on here on the same day.

I think it was Muncher who said elsewhere on the thread that for a deal like this, the solicitors would already have the funds, so there shouldn't be any delay in those going through.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:35 - Apr 7 with 3684 viewsHorsham

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:27 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

If it's done it's done, it doesn't take 4 or 5 days to announce it.

it can take longer and and frequently does.

Edit - depends how done it is. Perfectly plausible from the point of shaking hands on the deal there may be a lot to do still.

EDIT 2 - 101 damnations, very good.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 10:39]
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:37 - Apr 7 with 3600 viewstonybied

I mean the extra excitement today from ex-player tweets and rumoured 11am announcement.
Because the internet has to.... on 10:39 - Apr 7 with 3558 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Because the internet has to.... on 10:21 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

The idea that people who serve up abuse through snidely, belittling comments, should receive apologies for receiving abuse is an interesting concept that I have no interest in elaborated discussion with you on.

I hardly think snidely or belittling comments count as abuse. And they only seem belittling because people don't want to be told they're wrong and have the logic shown to them. It's embarrassing. If you read the thread my initial responses were fairly mild - the abuse I got for pointing out the flaws was off the scale.

Login to get fewer ads

Because the internet has to.... on 10:41 - Apr 7 with 3478 viewsJ2BLUE

Because the internet has to.... on 10:39 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

I hardly think snidely or belittling comments count as abuse. And they only seem belittling because people don't want to be told they're wrong and have the logic shown to them. It's embarrassing. If you read the thread my initial responses were fairly mild - the abuse I got for pointing out the flaws was off the scale.

There's little point going around in circles. We will know soon enough.

I stand by what I said. Greyhound has shown enough not to dismiss this. Do I think it will happen? 50/50. I can't bring myself to believe things will get better for this club but at the same time what the hell is the Scowcroft/Milts stuff about? Surely they know if that is about ST renewals there is going to be a massive backlash?

We'll know soon enough...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Because the internet has to.... on 10:42 - Apr 7 with 3446 viewsSomethingBlue

Because the internet has to.... on 10:41 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

There's little point going around in circles. We will know soon enough.

I stand by what I said. Greyhound has shown enough not to dismiss this. Do I think it will happen? 50/50. I can't bring myself to believe things will get better for this club but at the same time what the hell is the Scowcroft/Milts stuff about? Surely they know if that is about ST renewals there is going to be a massive backlash?

We'll know soon enough...

Lads this is f8cking tedious. Greyhound has clearly posted in good faith, whether his information is correct or not. Can we leave it at that?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:44 - Apr 7 with 3384 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This kind of proves my point. A downarrow for stating a fact!

Because the internet has to.... on 10:44 - Apr 7 with 3376 viewsfooters

Because the internet has to.... on 10:42 - Apr 7 by SomethingBlue

Lads this is f8cking tedious. Greyhound has clearly posted in good faith, whether his information is correct or not. Can we leave it at that?

Lock the thread until tomorrow evening and ban anyone mentioning the takeover, posting tw@tter links or 'def info' from an obviously made-up journo account.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I don't think you realise.... on 10:46 - Apr 7 with 3309 viewsBloots

Because the internet has to.... on 10:42 - Apr 7 by SomethingBlue

....who you are dealing with here!

We need something far more important, significant and compelling to discuss.

I'll start a thread.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:46 - Apr 7 with 3287 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:29 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

In fairness, the people claiming/hoping it to be true haven't been rude, condescending and just downright unpleasant in this thread.

Them: Yes, this is it! We hope it's real. You: You're all stupid/idiots. Hence why they would deserve an apology.

Lots of people have been rude, condescending and downright unpleasant to me in this thread, simply because I'm saying what they don't want to hear.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:47 - Apr 7 with 3263 viewsJ2BLUE

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:46 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Lots of people have been rude, condescending and downright unpleasant to me in this thread, simply because I'm saying what they don't want to hear.

And you've been an angel. As usual.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Because the internet has to.... on 10:47 - Apr 7 with 3258 viewsStokieBlue

Because the internet has to.... on 10:39 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Did you see what saffers posted about it and hence why I took issue with him yesterday (you replied on that thread).

It's here:

Takeover and posting information by saffers12 4 Apr 2021 8:17
I did say a few days ago I am not going to post again but last nights post dragged me in.

I honestly think based on how much people love our club and want to see change, that the post is disgusting if not true.

Is it pure attention you want? Which you got, so well done.

I will apologise with a donation to a nominated charity of greyhounds choice if it is true.

Check out his second post (the 4th post).

There is no need for that and it's clearly abuse. Some people have gone way over the top on this and on Greyhound.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Because the internet has to.... on 10:48 - Apr 7 with 3220 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Because the internet has to.... on 10:44 - Apr 7 by footers

Lock the thread until tomorrow evening and ban anyone mentioning the takeover, posting tw@tter links or 'def info' from an obviously made-up journo account.

No chance. It’s exploding over on Twitter, mainly on the back of this single thread.
Someone has posted there is an announcement at 2pm now.

I might log off until 2pm Saturday. And just see who is sat in the directors box.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:48 - Apr 7 with 3205 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:37 - Apr 7 by tonybied

I mean the extra excitement today from ex-player tweets and rumoured 11am announcement.

I'll come back to that in 12 minutes!

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:51 - Apr 7 with 3110 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:31 - Apr 7 by itfctilidie

If you are so adamant the op doesn’t have the correct info and you have made your mind up that is the case, then why are you hovering around the post like a bad smell chipping in with comments? You are tiresome, you have made your point now move along

While people continue to add stuff to the thread I have every right to rebuff it. Why are you trying to censor me? If you don't agree with my opinion just shoot it down (as many have) or ignore it. You don't need to ask me to leave!

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:51 - Apr 7 with 3089 viewsNeedhamChris

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:44 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

This kind of proves my point. A downarrow for stating a fact!

Not really - your understanding of 'fact' deserved a down arrow on its own.

I'm in the not expectant but hopeful camp - let's see what happens! We're allowed to hope.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 10:54]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:53 - Apr 7 with 3016 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:47 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

And you've been an angel. As usual.

Never said I was an angel.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:55 - Apr 7 with 2958 viewstonybied

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:53 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Never said I was an angel.

People in glass houses....
Because the internet has to.... on 10:55 - Apr 7 with 2939 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Because the internet has to.... on 10:47 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

Did you see what saffers posted about it and hence why I took issue with him yesterday (you replied on that thread).

It's here:

Takeover and posting information by saffers12 4 Apr 2021 8:17
I did say a few days ago I am not going to post again but last nights post dragged me in.

I honestly think based on how much people love our club and want to see change, that the post is disgusting if not true.

Is it pure attention you want? Which you got, so well done.

I will apologise with a donation to a nominated charity of greyhounds choice if it is true.

Check out his second post (the 4th post).

There is no need for that and it's clearly abuse. Some people have gone way over the top on this and on Greyhound.

SB

yeah that was definitely abuse and bang out of order. I don't know why you're posting that at me though given I didn't post it?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:56 - Apr 7 with 2913 viewsBryanPlug

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 10:25 - Apr 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Good luck with that

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Because the internet has to.... on 10:57 - Apr 7 with 2878 viewssaffers12

Because the internet has to.... on 10:55 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

yeah that was definitely abuse and bang out of order. I don't know why you're posting that at me though given I didn't post it?

Without discussing private matters, this issues has been addressed between myself and greyhound
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024