Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey fans, players and management 20:46 - Mar 12 with 3368 viewsEly_Blue

Celebrating a 0-0 in a game where they needed the 3 points as much as us like they had won the league.

Awful team who showed no desire to score or win for the whole of the 2nd half.

Can you imagine the uproar from our fans if we had gone to clubs just above us like Sheffield Weds or MK Dons and packed the middle of the park and show no desire to win, I’d be embarrassed if that was us yet for them it was some big celebration. Then on the way out their fans still lauding it up because they got more points than shots.

I can understand that mentality from a team like Cheltenham or Morecombe who are trying to stay in this league but for a team like Pompey who have ambitions of getting out of this league it makes my blood boil, I was expecting them to make a game of it but the time wasting from 50th minute onwards was appalling and the ref let them get away with it.

Did any of their strikers touch the ball in our box?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Pompey fans, players and management on 16:37 - Mar 13 with 389 viewsVic

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:58 - Mar 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you really think so? A draw away to a side in 9th leaving us 7 points away from the play-offs and never even really trying to win the match? They have played the same number of games as Plymouth in 6th too.

I can't think many fans would have been happy with that to be honest.

Yep, I do. Had we won we’d have been 5 pts ahead of them which is a bit different to being just 2 pts ahead. It would have put a lot more pressure on their games in hand.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Pompey fans, players and management on 17:14 - Mar 13 with 337 viewsEly_Blue

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:17 - Mar 13 by blueocean

I think you're being a little arrogant with that comment. A point against Ipswich was a good point for us. Sorry to burst your bubble but you aren't that good. Just a club that are above us so naturally we couldn't afford to lose and we didn't = a good point. If you can't win don't lose is the motto.

Couldn’t afford to lose = showed no desire to win, embarrassing!

Pompey fans, players and management on 17:16 - Mar 13 with 336 viewsEly_Blue

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:53 - Mar 13 by Vic

A win for us would have made things much more difficult for them, so a draw was a good result for them.

Had we been in their position we’d have been very happy with a point.

Happy with a point if we’d had a go at it in their situation maybe but not happy with the manner in which they set out McCarthy style to play for a 0-0 draw from the 50th minute.

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:59 - Mar 13 with 257 viewsPompey1234

Pompey fans, players and management on 08:32 - Mar 13 by textbackup

we will need to come out of the blocks flying to get early goals in home games especially, the longer its stays 0-0 the more difficult it becomes

I would argue that pompey were playing an in form side who have conceded just once in eight games. We walked away with a point despite being beaten to a few players pre season with not being able to match your finances. We eat what we kill at our club nowadays and the ground comes first.
Having said that. In the same eight, now nine games, you've scored just 8 goals whilst we have scored in the same period, 19 goals!
That's entertainment1 on our day we've played some great football.
So it's disingenuous of you to think this way.
I hope you have a great season, I've always had a soft spot for Ipswich since your heady days back in 78.good luck this year, you're ready, we are not!
As for our fans, pompey fans are some of the best and most vociferous fans in the entire country. We turn up in numbers and make ourselves heard. We back our side, they represent us and we represent them.
Portman Road crowds everytime I've been, never seem loud, I think it's the acoustics of the stadium. Your fans always sing at Fritton but then Fritton is a great acoustic stadium, we know that and so do you.
Regards and once again good luck. I hope you make the play offs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024