Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Wright 09:49 - Dec 7 with 3452 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Did anybody make anything about Lambert saying he is a keeper comfortable on the ball?

If we go down and we are looking to play out from the back, he could be the number one next season.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Harry Wright on 10:04 - Dec 7 with 3370 viewsNo9

Maybe he will get a run out this season - IF we ever get to be safe
Or your second para could be the way forward.
Harry Wright on 10:12 - Dec 7 with 3349 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Well, he would certainly suit how Lambert wants to play. I imagine he will play him at Accrington.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Harry Wright on 10:54 - Dec 7 with 3263 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’ve seen him this season, and he looks a little too small for a keeper.
Not sure if he was even 6ft tall.
Yes, I know he’s youngish and learning the game but I can’t imagine he’ll get much taller.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Harry Wright on 10:57 - Dec 7 with 3232 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Wright on 10:54 - Dec 7 by PositivelyPortman

Yes, I know he’s youngish and learning the game but I can’t imagine he’ll get much taller.

Agree, I also just don’t think he’s very good!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harry Wright on 11:52 - Dec 7 with 3114 viewsBrightonBlue

Harry Wright on 10:57 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

Interesting. I noted your previous assessment of him vs Nick Hayes. The latter being the better of the two in some eyes.

I'd imagine his height limitations stem from his maternal side. But he is certainly trading on his dads's past to some extent. Will be interesting to see.

I wasn't sure if Lambert's comments meant he was good with his feet, but needs to develop other parts of his game i.e. goalkeeping.
Harry Wright on 13:48 - Dec 7 with 2945 viewsCoco

Harry Wright on 11:52 - Dec 7 by BrightonBlue

Interesting. I noted your previous assessment of him vs Nick Hayes. The latter being the better of the two in some eyes.

I'd imagine his height limitations stem from his maternal side. But he is certainly trading on his dads's past to some extent. Will be interesting to see.

I wasn't sure if Lambert's comments meant he was good with his feet, but needs to develop other parts of his game i.e. goalkeeping.

Like those West Ham fans who thought Scotty Cannon was better than Frank Lampard?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Harry Wright on 14:56 - Dec 7 with 2838 viewsskyblue23

Harry Wright on 10:57 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

I agree. I'm not saying I know more than anybody, but having been an Ipswich academy goalkeeper for 5 years of my life I do feel very much as if he is a 'trainer'. By that I mean a lot of goalkeepers can look very good doing keeper drills where you know what is asked of you and exactly what is about to happen. But thrown it at the deep end in a real life situation I'm not so confident. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Harry Wright on 15:03 - Dec 7 with 2810 viewsWickets

Saw him in the warm up at the last home game, must say he does look rather small !
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Wright on 15:07 - Dec 7 with 2802 viewschristiand

He might not, but neither Shay Given or Fabian Barthez were particularly tall keepers and they certainly weren’t bad and had distinguished professional careers. Jordan Pickford I think is 6ft 1in!! Doesn’t necessarily mean because a keeper is tall, they are good. Also, Wright must have some semblance of talent, you can’t have your old man give you a leg up in the game and you can’t play - You’ll soon get found out!!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 15:10]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harry Wright on 17:08 - Dec 7 with 2683 viewsLeagueOne

People on here running down Harry Wright, who has been fantastic for us in the reserves this season.... have you seen how Bart and Gerks have played this season? I actually rated both of them in seasons previous as solid Championship stoppers but they have been horrendous this season. There would be no harm in giving Wright a start in the Cup and seeing how he copes, we're going to need him when we have to trim the fat for League One as we won't afford both Bart and Gerks under the new FFP.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Harry Wright on 17:23 - Dec 7 with 2642 viewsbontcho

Yes this pricked by interest because one of Bart’s (and Gerken’s I suggest) problems under PL is he’s required to distribute rather than whack it up the pitch. I wondered if PL would be tempted to get rid of one to get a keeper who is better on the ball. Probably not one for January but whatever happens this season I think he might change it and if Harry does develop perhaps both could go.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Harry Wright on 06:42 - Dec 8 with 2367 viewsbobbyramsey

Paul Cooper...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024