Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fascinating watch, or too close to home? 08:07 - Dec 11 with 841 viewsCoastalblue

I watched and enjoyed the fly on the wall documentary about Man City's title win but see Netflix have a Sunderland version coming out which will cover their relegation from the Championship.

Under normal circumstances I'd enjoy watching it, not so sure this season though.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46513910

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Fascinating watch, or too close to home? on 23:13 - Dec 15 with 684 viewsrkc123

Anyone watched much of this? It's a really well made documentary and interesting to see a lot of the behind the scenes stuff around things like transfer deadline day, obviously the fact you know how the season ended for Sunderland makes it even more fascinating.

One of the players who features prominently is Johnny Williams. I think it is often easy to overlook the toll that frequent injury layoffs could have on the individual, but he talks quite a bit about the negative spiral he started to find himself in when they just kept coming one after another. It was also interesting that during a session with a sports psychologists he said the two people in his career that had made him feel safe to make mistakes were Chris Coleman and Mick McCarthy.
Fascinating watch, or too close to home? on 23:18 - Dec 15 with 668 viewsJ4ck22

I'm halfway through and it's pretty interesting. Getting a behind the scenes look at how football clubs operate is quite enjoyable to me, especially seeing the contrast between the successful Man City one compared to the disastrous Sunderland season and the problems they faced last year.

Plus you get to briefly relive us stuffing them at PR last season, so it's not all bad.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 23:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024