Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) 11:37 - Jan 11 with 1568 viewsPlums

We’re interested in Alan Judge, a player I have always liked but whom we were priced out of buying several years ago. Half a decade and a major injury later and we ‘might’ get him.
‘nuff said.
If Lambert makes a silk purse out what he’s inherited, he’s a genius.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 11:41 - Jan 11 with 1517 viewsSuperfrans

To be fair, if you want a really accurate indicator of where we currently are, have a look at the league table.

Rock bottom, 10 points from safety, worst goal difference in the division by far, essentially one foot in League One.

That’s why we can’t buy better players, at the peak of their careers.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 11:46 - Jan 11 with 1474 viewsDubtractor

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 11:41 - Jan 11 by Superfrans

To be fair, if you want a really accurate indicator of where we currently are, have a look at the league table.

Rock bottom, 10 points from safety, worst goal difference in the division by far, essentially one foot in League One.

That’s why we can’t buy better players, at the peak of their careers.

I'd say we have almost 2 feet in league one.

To escape we need to do the footballing equivalent of Indiana Jones getting out of the cave with the treasure in raiders of the lost ark.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 12:04 - Jan 11 with 1424 viewsPhilTWTD

We were priced out of getting him as Blackburn, under the Venky's and just out of the Premier League, offered him a very significant contract, miles more than we could offer.
A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 12:39 - Jan 11 with 1307 viewsPlums

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 12:04 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

We were priced out of getting him as Blackburn, under the Venky's and just out of the Premier League, offered him a very significant contract, miles more than we could offer.

Yes. It’s indicative that we now feel able to bid several years on and a major injury later. A bit like buying your dream car with 150k on the clock and an iffy suspension.

I was merely reinforcing what SuperFrans’ blog said about the decline starting far earlier than May 2018.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 14:09 - Jan 11 with 1145 viewsRadlett_blue

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 11:46 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

To escape we need to do the footballing equivalent of Indiana Jones getting out of the cave with the treasure in raiders of the lost ark.

Most of the signings we are making right now are a pretty good indication that Lambert is already planning for League One, despite his public optimism.
Collins is a little different. I'm not optimistic that an injury prone 35 year old who hasn't played for almost a year will be our saviour, but he's clearly been signed as a potential short term stop-gap for our leaky defence.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 14:12 - Jan 11 with 1128 viewsSwansea_Blue

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 11:46 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

And both legs, torso, arms, nech, head. Just one ear still popping up over the ceiling of L1.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 14:20 - Jan 11 with 1096 viewsbluephil021

A pretty sad indicator of where we currently are (if one was needed...) on 14:12 - Jan 11 by Swansea_Blue

And both legs, torso, arms, nech, head. Just one ear still popping up over the ceiling of L1.

We are reduced to signing "players" until the end of the season, The lastest one Judge can't even get in the Brentford side it wasn't long ago Brentford would have been crying out for one of ours. Still anybody has got to be better than the non league brigade signed under PH. I still think PL will walk if we lose tomorrow.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 14:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024