Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, is Lambert just a simple bully 22:22 - Nov 21 with 7011 viewsshamboy

He is rude to Brenner because he knows that he can be, without fear of retribution.

He digs out young players for no apparent reason. In the big scheme of things they are pretty defenseless.

He is a far stronger character than Lee O'Neill, who should be over-seeing standards of conduct.

If he isn't a bully, then what is he?

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:44 - Nov 22 with 1072 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 10:16 - Nov 22 by Pinewoodblue

Lambert was on the defensive with Brenner and clearly believes the best form of defence is attack.

In my book that makes him a bully.

The problem with any form of bullying is that most organizations put the responsibility on the individual being bullied to make a complaint. No footballer is going to do that, unless it involves a racist or sexist element where things are more clearly defined.

The real responsibility lies with those to whom the bully reports.

As for Brenner he will no doubt go back into his shell and avoid future conflict so the bully wins.

The only way to resolve this quickly is two awful all round performances against Hull and Charlton and no real fan wants that to happen.

Lambert remains the problem, as does Marcus Evans as he is the only person who can do something about it and he by giving Lambert an unearned new contract has put himself in a very uncomfortable position.

I think you're getting a little carried away. It was a slightly tetchy interview and a young player being told he still has much to learn, which he has.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:48 - Nov 22 with 1064 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 10:21 - Nov 22 by Swailsey

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side by The_Flashing_Smile 21 Nov 2020 17:20
I was exactly the same. Was playing football on my phone a fair bit and not giving the real match my full attention.

There's no urgency, little desire, and we seem like a ponderous bunch of strangers at times. I'm beginning to think time's up for Lambert, because against such a weak team that was really really poor.

[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 10:22]

What's your point, caller?

I'm beginning to think his time is up with me, but I can't deny the fact (that you are denying) that he has got results at home. We've literally won every home game and you've said he isn't getting results.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:48 - Nov 22 with 1064 viewsWD19

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 09:02 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think he has disdain for the media generally rather than bullying Brenner. Usually their interactions are fine. I think you're making something out of very little.

I think ME is missing a trick. He should make Lambert do every press engagement he is contractually obliged to do and give the most obnoxious hacks possible maximum access. Let Lambert do the rest.
So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:49 - Nov 22 with 1063 viewsfooters

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 10:33 - Nov 22 by brogansnose

Nothing like Mick at all. Mick defended his players in front of the media and took the hit and assumed responsibility in front of journalists , goodness me, he even shielded Evans.

Having a go at youngsters in the media to 'keep their feet on the ground' is hardly good personnel management.

Exactly this. MM protected his players in public, as much as it might have annoyed some after a bad performance or what have you. What he did behind closed doors, god only knows. But it speaks volumes that almost every player who's played for him speaks highly of his man management. This is as it should be.

I really don't think Lambert has a clue and is, once again, just trying all sorts and hoping something sticks.

Not sure how digging out our youngsters in public fits into his grand plan though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:51 - Nov 22 with 1053 viewsfooters

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:48 - Nov 22 by WD19

I think ME is missing a trick. He should make Lambert do every press engagement he is contractually obliged to do and give the most obnoxious hacks possible maximum access. Let Lambert do the rest.

Phil should ask for an extra seat at the pressers and get someone off here to do it. I think I know someone who'll now have a lot of extra time on his hands.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:53 - Nov 22 with 1047 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Its strange. On the under the cosh podcast. Whenever he is brought up. Nobody has a bad word to say about him. He does come across as an arrogant twonk

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 12:49 - Nov 22 with 994 viewsSwailsey

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:48 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

What's your point, caller?

I'm beginning to think his time is up with me, but I can't deny the fact (that you are denying) that he has got results at home. We've literally won every home game and you've said he isn't getting results.

So if he’s getting results why do you want a change?

You’re taking things VERY literally again.

So to make it clear:

Results means performances, building for the future, feel of the place, style of play, signings, press conferences and game results. But you know that!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 12:58]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 12:55 - Nov 22 with 982 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 08:54 - Nov 22 by tractorboy1978

It's up to the manager and his team to ensure the team are properly coached, drilled and organised though. I watch games like yesterday (and a lot of games under PL) and wonder what they do on the training pitch during the week.

Oh there is no doubt we are out coached every week. There is nothing new there, that has been an issue for a long time.

But this discussion was about quality of players. Please don’t be conned that the bulk of these players are anything but average League 1 players, they could certainly be coached better, in particular defensively, shape work in defence.

But in terms of technically ability, a lot of these players have reached their limits, and will not improve regardless of manager.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 8:59]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 13:23 - Nov 22 with 941 viewsDanTheMan

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 07:10 - Nov 22 by airliner

I would be annoyed , when having won the game at the death by grinding out the result as you do in this league. To be criticised by commentators , I would be abrasive as well. Really don’t get some peoples agendas to hound out Lambert. Far better than mic Mac

"Far better than mic Mac"

That's just objectively false.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 13:26 - Nov 22 with 941 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 11:53 - Nov 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

Its strange. On the under the cosh podcast. Whenever he is brought up. Nobody has a bad word to say about him. He does come across as an arrogant twonk

Think it’s partially to do with the fact we win games and he’s criticised, which you can understand to be fair, same as MM.

I don’t listen to his interviews really, but thought very rude to Brenner yesterday, unprovoked completely.

Defending his corner you may say, entitled to do so, but no need to be rude.

He’ll know 90% of the fan base don’t back him. He’ll feel the pressure that things could go very wrong for him very quickly.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 13:27]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 13:32 - Nov 22 with 926 viewsPJH

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 10:33 - Nov 22 by brogansnose

Nothing like Mick at all. Mick defended his players in front of the media and took the hit and assumed responsibility in front of journalists , goodness me, he even shielded Evans.

Having a go at youngsters in the media to 'keep their feet on the ground' is hardly good personnel management.

100% correct Mr Brogs.
So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 13:34 - Nov 22 with 926 viewsmonty_radio

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 08:45 - Nov 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Huws is a bad example. He's massively overrated.

He's only "overrated" because he is a million pound player whose injury, sadly, like Judge, has not so far allowed him to recover the qualities that those who "overrate" him once witnessed.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 20:14]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 13:35 - Nov 22 with 923 viewsPJH

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 07:10 - Nov 22 by airliner

I would be annoyed , when having won the game at the death by grinding out the result as you do in this league. To be criticised by commentators , I would be abrasive as well. Really don’t get some peoples agendas to hound out Lambert. Far better than mic Mac

I like these comedy posts to try to lighten the mood.
So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 23:59 - Nov 22 with 815 viewsGarv

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 08:15 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

An embarrassing attitude to accept this rubbish

An embarrassing attitude, an arrogant one even, is regularly claiming that 'we shouldn't be in this league' and constantly saying that the league is average. We are one of the teams in this average league. We are a league one football team with league one players.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 04:21 - Nov 23 with 778 viewsairliner

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 13:23 - Nov 22 by DanTheMan

"Far better than mic Mac"

That's just objectively false.

No true
So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 08:39 - Nov 23 with 736 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 10:25 - Nov 22 by Swailsey

How do you know?

Brilliant. So you agree that you do not know those people and its purely guess work that they are 'nice guys' as it fits your rant. Gotcha.
So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 08:47 - Nov 23 with 725 viewsDanTheMan

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 04:21 - Nov 23 by airliner

No true

In every measurable way we are worse off under Lambert.

It's not even close ffs.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 08:48 - Nov 23 with 720 viewsmarchy

So, is Lambert just a simple bully on 10:28 - Nov 22 by Mullet

How many ex-players over McCarthy's career have come out and criticised him, let alone called him a bully? Given that people were crying that he turned the players against them with the "pissing in and out" nonsense, and his teams literally ran through walls for him where do you get this stuff from?

I get it's hard for you lot and it must be embarrassing to have been so wrong, but just continually making stuff up about McCarthy to make yourselves feel better doesn't help you, us or change what's happened does it?

"his teams literally ran through walls for him"

I think we might at last be getting to the bottom of where our years-long injury curse started...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024