Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? 08:58 - Sep 15 with 3858 viewsSomethingBlue

Genuine question. It's strange because, like anyone else, having grown up in Ipswich I know tonnes of people — from all walks of life and of most political persuasions — and I'm not sure I can name one who I know would be comfortable with the actions of the dangerous charlatan purportedly representing their interests. Will you stand for it?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:00 - Sep 15 with 1865 viewshomer_123

Not just Ipswich though is it? Majority of 77?

#nothingsurprisesmeanymore

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:00 - Sep 15 with 1866 viewspointofblue

I think every Suffolk MP has.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:01 - Sep 15 with 1854 viewsSomethingBlue

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:00 - Sep 15 by homer_123

Not just Ipswich though is it? Majority of 77?

#nothingsurprisesmeanymore

It isn't but I am asking about Ipswich.

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:03 - Sep 15 with 1847 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm quite appalled to be honest BUT he was always going to vote this way, he's a career politician (and xenophobe) who has backed BoJo on every decision to date, it was no surprise.

Further scrutiny and the House of Lords to go still though...

Interestingly, I took a look at his FB & Twitter pages and the difference is enormous. The FB page is simply sycophantic agreement (he does silence objectors) and "that'll learn those pesky lefty remainers" stuff whilst his twitter is completely opposite. I do love the word quisling and it's great to see it used properly on there.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:03 - Sep 15 with 1844 viewslongtimefan

I don’t doubt he will, but point of order. No one has voted to break international law yet! They’ve so far only voted to give the bill a second reading.
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:04 - Sep 15 with 1838 viewsSomethingBlue

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:00 - Sep 15 by pointofblue

Looks to me as if Dan Poulter abstained, though could be wrong.

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:04 - Sep 15 with 1845 viewsitfcjoe

This tweet sums it up, the people are being lied to - it's difficult to blame those not fully engaged for believing what they are told by the Govt of the day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:04 - Sep 15 with 1827 viewsSomethingBlue

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:03 - Sep 15 by longtimefan

I don’t doubt he will, but point of order. No one has voted to break international law yet! They’ve so far only voted to give the bill a second reading.

Yes, fair enough, but we know exactly how this is ending up.

Login to get fewer ads

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 14:47 - Sep 15 with 1652 viewsBlueBadger

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:00 - Sep 15 by pointofblue

In an entirely unsurprising move, James Cartlidge has gone to ground over this.

Sadly for him, when I emailed him again the other day, I coped in the EADT, Suffolk Free Press and local Conservative Party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 14:50 - Sep 15 with 1645 viewsITFC_Forever

It's another example of a disgraceful MP and Government IMO.

But you only need to dip in to social media to see there are plenty of Brexiteers who are so forced into a corner, they have to continue to support it no matter what to avoid losing face that they backed it in the first place.
And most of these people probably aren't aware of what is happening in any detail whatsoever, if at all.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 14:58 - Sep 15 with 1610 viewsitfcjoe

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:04 - Sep 15 by SomethingBlue

Looks to me as if Dan Poulter abstained, though could be wrong.

He didn't abstain

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 14:58 - Sep 15 with 1610 viewsBlueNomad

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 14:50 - Sep 15 by ITFC_Forever

It's another example of a disgraceful MP and Government IMO.

But you only need to dip in to social media to see there are plenty of Brexiteers who are so forced into a corner, they have to continue to support it no matter what to avoid losing face that they backed it in the first place.
And most of these people probably aren't aware of what is happening in any detail whatsoever, if at all.

What's the definitive word on this in 'Spoons?
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:24 - Sep 15 with 1565 viewsmonytowbray

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:03 - Sep 15 by artsbossbeard

I'm quite appalled to be honest BUT he was always going to vote this way, he's a career politician (and xenophobe) who has backed BoJo on every decision to date, it was no surprise.

Interestingly, I took a look at his FB & Twitter pages and the difference is enormous. The FB page is simply sycophantic agreement (he does silence objectors) and "that'll learn those pesky lefty remainers" stuff whilst his twitter is completely opposite. I do love the word quisling and it's great to see it used properly on there.

Seeing the Tory MPs all going in with the BREAKING: LERBEUR SERDE WERTH THER EUR URR tweets almost instantly as the main party account RT'ed them with a raging hard on was depressing. Likely the brief from Cummings I imagine, it was little more than a sequenced attack designed to rile up people who believe every soundbite they read on FB.

THEY JUST PROPOSED TO BREAK THE F*CKING LAW.

People say "So what? Gotta get Brexit done" but they don't get it, do they?

What they've broken the law about now may not seem like a massive big deal to those unaware of geopolitics. But the bigger issue here is this government, under the new direction of whomever controls Johnson, has once again decided to break the law, lie about why they've broken the law (blame Brussels/Remainers for their own actions) and distract us with opposition whatteraboutery. Not to mention, said lie almost unquestionably proves once again the party's entire existence at present is built on a pile of lies right down to it being the reason they managed to get such a majority in December.

"The word hypernormalization was coined by Alexei Yurchak, a professor of anthropology who was born in Leningrad and later went to teach in the United States. He introduced the word in his book Everything Was Forever, Until It Was No More: The Last Soviet Generation (2006), which describes paradoxes of Soviet life during the 1970s and 1980s.[3][4] He says that everyone in the Soviet Union knew the system was failing, but no one could imagine an alternative to the status quo, and politicians and citizens alike were resigned to maintaining the pretense of a functioning society.[5] Over time, this delusion became a self-fulfilling prophecy and the fakeness was accepted by everyone as real, an effect that Yurchak termed hypernormalisation."
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperNormalisation

Today it's breaking international law on the geopolitical stage to much cheering by the Little Englanders whilst calling those demanding critical ecological/social change as criminals. Tomorrow they're whipping those same little Englanders into violent acts by further escalating the culture war then spinning the angle those committing the violent acts are righteous protectors of our rights and the victims are enemies of the state.

And then people don't bat an eyelid about the Tories opting out of Human Rights laws. Whilst some of the less empathetic right wingers may cheer at this (NAVY SHOOTING DHINGIES OF MIGRANTS, ETC), what they don't realise as with every corrupt political system, is eventually even those who fell for the trap start to see the problems, but by that time it's too late - your options are speak up and become a target of their oppression or keep quiet and be stuck in misery.

In conclusion, what this country really needs is a history lesson based in reality and facts rather than spaffing up a flag pole. Or just look at the USA right now and remember the Tories are using the same playbook.

Who needs a democracy, aye? Anyone sane of mind should be livid and/or terrified by last night's vote.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 15:32]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:39 - Sep 15 with 1524 viewsjaykay

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:04 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

This tweet sums it up, the people are being lied to - it's difficult to blame those not fully engaged for believing what they are told by the Govt of the day

tories and their minions are good at smearing

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:44 - Sep 15 with 1515 viewsartsbossbeard

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:24 - Sep 15 by monytowbray

Seeing the Tory MPs all going in with the BREAKING: LERBEUR SERDE WERTH THER EUR URR tweets almost instantly as the main party account RT'ed them with a raging hard on was depressing. Likely the brief from Cummings I imagine, it was little more than a sequenced attack designed to rile up people who believe every soundbite they read on FB.

THEY JUST PROPOSED TO BREAK THE F*CKING LAW.

People say "So what? Gotta get Brexit done" but they don't get it, do they?

What they've broken the law about now may not seem like a massive big deal to those unaware of geopolitics. But the bigger issue here is this government, under the new direction of whomever controls Johnson, has once again decided to break the law, lie about why they've broken the law (blame Brussels/Remainers for their own actions) and distract us with opposition whatteraboutery. Not to mention, said lie almost unquestionably proves once again the party's entire existence at present is built on a pile of lies right down to it being the reason they managed to get such a majority in December.

"The word hypernormalization was coined by Alexei Yurchak, a professor of anthropology who was born in Leningrad and later went to teach in the United States. He introduced the word in his book Everything Was Forever, Until It Was No More: The Last Soviet Generation (2006), which describes paradoxes of Soviet life during the 1970s and 1980s.[3][4] He says that everyone in the Soviet Union knew the system was failing, but no one could imagine an alternative to the status quo, and politicians and citizens alike were resigned to maintaining the pretense of a functioning society.[5] Over time, this delusion became a self-fulfilling prophecy and the fakeness was accepted by everyone as real, an effect that Yurchak termed hypernormalisation."
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperNormalisation

Today it's breaking international law on the geopolitical stage to much cheering by the Little Englanders whilst calling those demanding critical ecological/social change as criminals. Tomorrow they're whipping those same little Englanders into violent acts by further escalating the culture war then spinning the angle those committing the violent acts are righteous protectors of our rights and the victims are enemies of the state.

And then people don't bat an eyelid about the Tories opting out of Human Rights laws. Whilst some of the less empathetic right wingers may cheer at this (NAVY SHOOTING DHINGIES OF MIGRANTS, ETC), what they don't realise as with every corrupt political system, is eventually even those who fell for the trap start to see the problems, but by that time it's too late - your options are speak up and become a target of their oppression or keep quiet and be stuck in misery.

In conclusion, what this country really needs is a history lesson based in reality and facts rather than spaffing up a flag pole. Or just look at the USA right now and remember the Tories are using the same playbook.

Who needs a democracy, aye? Anyone sane of mind should be livid and/or terrified by last night's vote.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 15:32]

Last night's vote was frightening when you look at how deep they can now allow themselves to go in regard to law breaking simply to "get brexit done".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:58 - Sep 15 with 1489 viewsROKERITE

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 09:03 - Sep 15 by artsbossbeard

You lot should be very proud of your county. It's not just your football team that's blue, every single one of your parliamentary constituencies is too. We've had nothing but Labour since 1964 and unsurprisingly we've been in decline throughout that time.
I share your affection for the word quisling. It's proper use in 2020 of course is as a prefix to the word remoaner, to describe the sort of contemptible person who'd happily side with the corrupt, undemocratic EU as it tries to crush this great country of ours.
Thankfully Twitter is not representative of the great British public, which is why there are so many of those FBPE cranks on there.
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 16:00 - Sep 15 with 1482 viewsjeera

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:58 - Sep 15 by ROKERITE

You lot should be very proud of your county. It's not just your football team that's blue, every single one of your parliamentary constituencies is too. We've had nothing but Labour since 1964 and unsurprisingly we've been in decline throughout that time.
I share your affection for the word quisling. It's proper use in 2020 of course is as a prefix to the word remoaner, to describe the sort of contemptible person who'd happily side with the corrupt, undemocratic EU as it tries to crush this great country of ours.
Thankfully Twitter is not representative of the great British public, which is why there are so many of those FBPE cranks on there.

What is wrong with you and, more importantly, why are you trolling our site?

There must be loads of other places you could spout this rubbish.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 16:11 - Sep 15 with 1455 viewsROKERITE

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 16:00 - Sep 15 by jeera

What is wrong with you and, more importantly, why are you trolling our site?

There must be loads of other places you could spout this rubbish.

I was on the Pink 'Un forum a couple of weeks ago and I am often on the main Brighton site but when it comes to politics all football message-boards are the same; overwhelmingly left wing and unrepresentative of their fan-base.
I'm on here because I wanted to check how the feeling was before Sunday's match and unfortunately all posts came up rather than my preferred football only. I saw the ridiculous threads about racism and I couldn't help myself. I didn't even learn anything much about how you regarded your team's prospects because everyone was too busy trying to show they're more pc than the next man or woman.
You might be pleased to know I lost money as I thought you'd hammer the basket case that is now poor Wigan.
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 16:12 - Sep 15 with 1462 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

As soon as he joined the ERG I feared the worst. He plumps new depths each week it seems. Totally embarrassed that he represents us.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 17:31 - Sep 15 with 1363 viewsSomethingBlue

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 15:58 - Sep 15 by ROKERITE

I'm completely agree your area hasn't had it good but if you think your new Etonian overlords are the ones to fix it then I fear you're in for a nasty shock.

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 17:35 - Sep 15 with 1350 viewsChiefXL

Best parody account ever
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 17:38 - Sep 15 with 1341 viewsm14_blue

Yes, the decline in the NE is definitely down to their Labour MP’s.

Jesus Christ.

You’ve been groomed and radicalised mate, you’re just parroting the soundbites you’ve been fed by the media, although doubtless you consider yourself to be a free and independent thinker. You’re Dominic’s wet dream brought to life.
Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 17:40 - Sep 15 with 1339 viewsEwan_Oozami

Since 1964, there have been roughly 23 years of Labour Govts and 33 years of Tory Govts - not sure what your point about decline all being down to Labour means..other than very poor trolling...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 17:42 - Sep 15 with 1333 viewsgiant_stow

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 16:11 - Sep 15 by ROKERITE

I was on the Pink 'Un forum a couple of weeks ago and I am often on the main Brighton site but when it comes to politics all football message-boards are the same; overwhelmingly left wing and unrepresentative of their fan-base.
I'm on here because I wanted to check how the feeling was before Sunday's match and unfortunately all posts came up rather than my preferred football only. I saw the ridiculous threads about racism and I couldn't help myself. I didn't even learn anything much about how you regarded your team's prospects because everyone was too busy trying to show they're more pc than the next man or woman.
You might be pleased to know I lost money as I thought you'd hammer the basket case that is now poor Wigan.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 17:43 - Sep 15 with 1331 viewsSpruceMoose

Are people in Ipswich happy their MP has voted to break international law? on 16:11 - Sep 15 by ROKERITE

Feel free to piss off at any time. We have enough trolls of our own thank you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024