Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? 13:16 - Nov 10 with 2120 viewsStokieBlue

This article details the conversation between Retraction Watch and the publisher of an article on whether jade amulets can prevent C19.

https://retractionwatch.com/2020/10/29/amulets-may-prevent-covid-19-says-a-paper

It's absolutely crazy. You can view the whole email chain but the first question they asked him was simply: "Can you please confirm you are the author of this paper". His response was quite bizarre.

The paper itself is absolute bobbins and shows the issue that exists with very small journals giving peer review (often for money) and then publishing the nonsense. The peer reviewers didn't even know that kidneys aren't thoracic organs. Without knowing the context someone might actually believe this is a peer reviewed paper.

I am sure we will all be getting our orders in the post for our jade amulets as soon as possible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:21 - Nov 10 with 2084 viewsSwailsey

Is the answer 'Yes'?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:24 - Nov 10 with 2078 viewsJ2BLUE

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:21 - Nov 10 by Swailsey

Is the answer 'Yes'?

Well Stokie's saying they do and he said they've been peer reviewed! I'm going to order 50.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:25 - Nov 10 with 2077 viewshomer_123

Serco have ordered truck loads.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:27 - Nov 10 with 2069 viewsSwailsey

To be clear, is it just jade amulets, or will any amulet do? Also, does the jade have to be in amulet form?

Asking for myself.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:29 - Nov 10 with 2058 viewsfooters

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:27 - Nov 10 by Swailsey

To be clear, is it just jade amulets, or will any amulet do? Also, does the jade have to be in amulet form?

Asking for myself.

Why settle for second best?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:29 - Nov 10 with 2056 viewsStokieBlue

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:27 - Nov 10 by Swailsey

Asking for myself.

I believe a jade statue of John Wark works as well.

SB

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:31 - Nov 10 with 2046 viewsSwailsey

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:29 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

I believe a jade statue of John Wark works as well.

SB

SOLD

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:44 - Nov 10 with 2000 viewsBluefish

Never heard of her, what does she look like?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:47 - Nov 10 with 2004 viewsTrumptonBlue

That's a shame, jade's really not my colour.
This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 13:48 - Nov 10 with 2002 viewsCoachRob

This is the lead author's bio on ResearchGate;

"A foundational limitation across the physical, biological/medical and socio-political sciences is the inability to reconcile Quantum Theory with the frameworks in those scientific disciplines. My research program has developed a novel theoretical framework, which reconciles Quantum theory with the phenomenon of gravitation, and is termed, Quantum-Equilibrium Theory (QET). Importantly, QET demonstrates a continuous translational symmetry between human-active matter and the lithosphere magnetic field, thus providing a Quantum theory for describing the nature and dynamics of human-active matter. My research program applies QET to understand physical dynamics and the mechanisms of emerging diseases and socio-political strife."

Can you imagine coming out with that defending your doctoral thesis?
This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:00 - Nov 10 with 1965 viewsCoastalblue

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:07 - Nov 10 with 1949 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:00 - Nov 10 by Coastalblue

Throwback to a much more innocent age...

Imagine only having things like this for the Editorials to get worked up about.
This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:27 - Nov 10 with 1914 viewsgordon

Seen this a while ago - the really weird thing about it is that Science of the Total Environment isn't really a 'small' journal - it's very respectably, an impact factor of 6.5 is decent, and the editor who handled the submission has a h-index of 151 (meaning he's published 151 papers that have been cited 151 times or more - which compares favourably to most!).

The lead author of the study also has lots of sensible sounding publications.
This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:33 - Nov 10 with 1898 viewsStokieBlue

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:27 - Nov 10 by gordon

Seen this a while ago - the really weird thing about it is that Science of the Total Environment isn't really a 'small' journal - it's very respectably, an impact factor of 6.5 is decent, and the editor who handled the submission has a h-index of 151 (meaning he's published 151 papers that have been cited 151 times or more - which compares favourably to most!).

The lead author of the study also has lots of sensible sounding publications.

It's been removed now. Indeed it's a large journal than I thought, I listened to a podcast on this but should have clicked through to the actual journal rather than the summary.

As you say, a very weird one!

SB

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:36 - Nov 10 with 1886 viewsKeno

Right

I have one of these that I paid £10 for, who wants it?

Bidding starts at say we say1,000,000

[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 14:37]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 16:51 - Nov 10 with 1819 viewsNthQldITFC

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 14:36 - Nov 10 by Keno

Right

I have one of these that I paid £10 for, who wants it?

Bidding starts at say we say1,000,000

[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 14:37]

You must have flashy bogs in your gaff!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 1795 viewsTheReverendSpooner

If I may make so bold, I believe that I can speak to the efficacy of this treatment in general.

A well-furnished parishioner of mine, affectionately known amongst the flock as Big Brenda, has a wonderful collection of venerable bottle and jar stoppers from Siam and other Oriental origins. She has them sorted by size and displayed upon velvet cushions, and several of the larger examples are indeed of carved jade.

During a recent visit to her cottage I remarked that I was feeling a trifle peaky, so she bade me rest my head for a while upon her magnificent giant plugs, which expedient I must say did me the power of good.

There veritably is only one Sticky Mockwell, don't you know.

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 17:14 - Nov 10 with 1787 viewsMullet

Very popular things in Thai boxing circles and Maori culture. Less so for healing though as far as I know.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This is bonkers: Can jade amulets prevent C19? on 17:23 - Nov 10 with 1770 viewseireblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024