Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook 17:28 - May 1 with 3832 viewsunstableblue

Very interesting comments

Firstly good use of technical

But these points are key:

1. Recruitment of quality is so important, but hugely difficult
2. Trying to get 7,8, 9, 10 players that progress the team and bring quality is near impossible... so we may have to wait...
3. We need to slot players in around Downes, Dozzell and Wolfenden - bring experience and quality
4. He likes how Paul Cook had Wigan playing, BUT he started with a good squad, he hadn’t had to transform, critically Adkins stated he had two very good coaches and Cook would ‘leave them to it’!!

Very interesting

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:33 - May 1 with 3682 viewsreusersfreekicks

Maybe the last point is key to what has gone on here
Improved and positive interviews post match with Cook on 17:37 - May 1 with 3600 viewsunstableblue

Better from Cook

Great to hear his comments on the U18s... and he is spot on that the academy and u23 and U18s have been well run as is the academy.. and it’s the first team that has bombed

That disconnect with the academy has been a theme under Marcus.,, which I do think for all
Lamberts faults he identified

I do think our academy can only produce a certain type of player.

The Artay interview was also excellent - could be a future first team coach, even manager... sounded very switched on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Improved and positive interviews post match with Cook on 17:39 - May 1 with 3557 viewspointofblue

Improved and positive interviews post match with Cook on 17:37 - May 1 by unstableblue

Better from Cook

Great to hear his comments on the U18s... and he is spot on that the academy and u23 and U18s have been well run as is the academy.. and it’s the first team that has bombed

That disconnect with the academy has been a theme under Marcus.,, which I do think for all
Lamberts faults he identified

I do think our academy can only produce a certain type of player.

The Artay interview was also excellent - could be a future first team coach, even manager... sounded very switched on

Although maybe it's just as well there IS a disconnect at this moment in time, otherwise the rot would be really set. As it is it may just surround the first team, which means a revamp there will fix a lot of issues.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:43 - May 1 with 3458 viewsIllinoisblue

Refreshing to hear Atkins on commentary. Made a lot of good points

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:43 - May 1 with 3464 viewsDubtractor

Didn't someone share that in his first Summer with both Portsmouth and Wigan he had a huge clear out and recruitment?
[Post edited 1 May 2021 17:44]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:47 - May 1 with 3374 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Maybe Ian didn't see Cooks Portsmouth side then. They were a train wreck when he took over in May 2015 and he had to transform the squad over a summer. Cook took them from near relegation to non league football, to the play offs the following season and up as Champions the season after.

It's why I feel that people should lay off him until next season.

13 Players signed on perm transfers
6 players signed on loan

14/15 - Finished 16th
15/16 - 6th
16/17 - 1st

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:49 - May 1 with 3319 viewsITFC_Jenx

Point 4 is crucial. The club seem to have been pretty sharp at recruitment for non-playing staff so far. Cook needs to find new high-quality lieutenants he can trust.
Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:50 - May 1 with 3297 viewsAlanG296

Who is Ian Adkins?

We had a good captain once called Ian Atkins.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:53 - May 1 with 3223 viewsBeckets

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:50 - May 1 by AlanG296

Who is Ian Adkins?

We had a good captain once called Ian Atkins.

He’s Nigel’s brother.
Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:54 - May 1 with 3203 viewspointofblue

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:43 - May 1 by Dubtractor

Didn't someone share that in his first Summer with both Portsmouth and Wigan he had a huge clear out and recruitment?
[Post edited 1 May 2021 17:44]

Yes - the difference being Cook took over at the end of the season rather than overseeing any part of the previous one.

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 17:56 - May 1 with 3163 viewsChurchman

I may be wrong but I thought he had a big turnaround of players at Wigan and Portsmouth?
Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:01 - May 1 with 3079 viewsSWGF

You sure he was talking about us, rather than Northampton?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:11 - May 1 with 2929 viewsVic

Reading the last comment about Cook having decent coaches - its nice for a change to have confidence that those making decisions are competent and will go out and get the right people. I hope one is Kieran D.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:13 - May 1 with 2897 viewspointofblue

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:11 - May 1 by Vic

Reading the last comment about Cook having decent coaches - its nice for a change to have confidence that those making decisions are competent and will go out and get the right people. I hope one is Kieran D.

We desperately need experience in the coaching team - Dyer and Roberts may have promise but they're green whilst I wouldn't be surprised if Cook clears and replaces those here from Lambert's spell.

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:32 - May 1 with 2719 viewsIllinoisblue

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:01 - May 1 by SWGF

You sure he was talking about us, rather than Northampton?

Weird that, wasn’t it? Did it at least three times

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:41 - May 1 with 2659 viewsGlasgowBlue

Point 4 is the biggest concern.

Cook is a manager. Not a coach. He buys the players, picks the team and decides the tactics. The coaching has always been left to others.

If we don't get that right then we will have problems.

Re point 2. This league is crap. We could change the entire first eleven, take time to gel and have a run of poor results early season, and still be there or thereabouts at the end.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 19:41 - May 1 with 2417 viewsRadioOrwell

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:41 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

Cook is a manager. Not a coach. He buys the players, picks the team and decides the tactics. The coaching has always been left to others.

Re point 2. This league is crap. We could change the entire first eleven, take time to gel and have a run of poor results early season, and still be there or thereabouts at the end.

This train wreck of a squad wasn't very far off play offs.
Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 19:48 - May 1 with 2369 viewschrismakin

Ian Adkins nailing it!! But also some very real insights into Cook on 18:41 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

When Lambert said 'everything' was wrong

Do we know if Lambert brought in the coaching staff, or was it something O'Neill did?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024