Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. 00:54 - Oct 31 with 909 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I understand it. But I'm not going to join in with it.

We have improved. We got beat by a good side today, and to be fair we could have got a result against them if luck had gone our way.

I worry that Bonne is missing chances he would have put away just as we come into a run of games where we really need to take our chances. Everyone is allowed a dip, but we have other strikers and no one should be undroppable.

I'd like to see Norwood given a chance, but ideally I'd like to see him in a team with Bonne as I think together they'd frustrate and bully any defence at this level.

I think a win against Wycombe would have us feeling better...It's going to be an ugly game, so I'd take any win we can get there. Although Norwood would suit the sort of battle it will be more than Pigott or Jackson.

(Feel sorry for Pigott because so far it hasn't worked out for him. His 20+ goals feel a long time ago, but lets hope he'll still get a chance to come good).

But today's gone. Win on Tuesday please.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 01:26 - Oct 31 with 853 viewswkj

If we're going for two strikers it has to be the 20+ goal scoring Pigott next

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 01:35 - Oct 31 with 840 viewsquirkie

Sadly it will be another defeat on Tuesday, and then the inevitable loss in the 1st round of the FA Cup against lower opposition, so the mood isn't going to change here for quite some time.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 1:25]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 03:09 - Oct 31 with 753 viewsWacko

This is the Man City / Chelsea of the league performing like the Southampton. This shouldn't be happening. Stop giving the management so much slack.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 06:46 - Oct 31 with 619 viewsDinnernotTea

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 03:09 - Oct 31 by Wacko

This is the Man City / Chelsea of the league performing like the Southampton. This shouldn't be happening. Stop giving the management so much slack.

So if Harper, Bonne & Edwards put away their good chances and we come away with a 4-2 win what would you have typed?

Unlike the other managers of the last 15 years we're creating good chances every single game and scoring every single game. With a miss mash of a line up there was loads of good to happen too.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 07:28 - Oct 31 with 566 viewsblueconscience

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 06:46 - Oct 31 by DinnernotTea

So if Harper, Bonne & Edwards put away their good chances and we come away with a 4-2 win what would you have typed?

Unlike the other managers of the last 15 years we're creating good chances every single game and scoring every single game. With a miss mash of a line up there was loads of good to happen too.

They didn’t put away those chances though!!!
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 7:28]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 08:02 - Oct 31 with 491 viewsSwansea_Blue

In TWTDland opinion Today is a day that could define our future by Keno 30 Oct 2021 10:44
Lose and we obviously not gelled yet, probably never will and will probably end up dropping out the league at the end of next season

Win and its champions league in 3 years time

Draw and it 'meh'

Keno knows the score.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 08:07 - Oct 31 with 475 viewsblueboyd

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 06:46 - Oct 31 by DinnernotTea

are you aware that Plymouth had chances as well that they didn't score from?
There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 11:55 - Oct 31 with 304 viewsOriginalMarkyP

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 03:09 - Oct 31 by Wacko

Genuine question, do you read this messageboard?

I have been one of the biggest 'fair' critics of Cook and his tactics all season. And in fairness I feel that we've performed better in the last few games.

Login to get fewer ads

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 11:59 - Oct 31 with 293 viewswkj

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 11:55 - Oct 31 by OriginalMarkyP

Genuine question, do you read this messageboard?

I have been one of the biggest 'fair' critics of Cook and his tactics all season. And in fairness I feel that we've performed better in the last few games.

If this is the case, you'll be pleased to know you are well and truely part of the majority - and not an outlier. The one thing that does baffle is that you seem to read the board as being mostly negative - which it really isn't overall.

Crybaby

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 12:03 - Oct 31 with 287 viewsjayessess

FWIW, I think we might surprise people on Tuesday and beat Wycombe, then we'll all be much more optimistic. My issue is that we're still at the sort of level where we're a sort of top 10 side who win and lose, without ever being superior enough consistently enough to put a run together.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 12:08 - Oct 31 with 279 viewsOriginalMarkyP

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 11:59 - Oct 31 by wkj

If this is the case, you'll be pleased to know you are well and truely part of the majority - and not an outlier. The one thing that does baffle is that you seem to read the board as being mostly negative - which it really isn't overall.

I actually think it's mostly cautiously positive. But the loudest voices are at either end of the arguement so for every negative result we get a swell of angry negativity a d for every positive result we get a righteous swell of positivity. The truth of the matter is probably somewhere in the middle. With the balance suggesting to me that Cook has underperformed with the players he's had, but has achieved some progress recently. Lose against Wycombe and yesterday will be seen as two steps back. Win against Wycombe and we'll feel like we're moving in the right direction. Fair on Cook et al? Maybe, maybe not. But since when has football ever been about fairness?

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 12:09 - Oct 31 with 275 viewswkj

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 12:08 - Oct 31 by OriginalMarkyP

I actually think it's mostly cautiously positive. But the loudest voices are at either end of the arguement so for every negative result we get a swell of angry negativity a d for every positive result we get a righteous swell of positivity. The truth of the matter is probably somewhere in the middle. With the balance suggesting to me that Cook has underperformed with the players he's had, but has achieved some progress recently. Lose against Wycombe and yesterday will be seen as two steps back. Win against Wycombe and we'll feel like we're moving in the right direction. Fair on Cook et al? Maybe, maybe not. But since when has football ever been about fairness?

"But the loudest voices are at either end of the argument"

That is why in statistics the outliers are commonly ignored

Crybaby

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 12:20 - Oct 31 with 260 viewsOriginalMarkyP

There has been a lot of negativity on here tonight. on 12:09 - Oct 31 by wkj

"But the loudest voices are at either end of the argument"

That is why in statistics the outliers are commonly ignored

yes I know. Although having often been accused of being an Alpha Cook Outer (which I'm not) and having been on the receiving end of plenty of vitriol for any outlier views I have shared, it's noticeable that any softer fair positive posts I share are generally ignored.

Im not saying this because I think everyone should take note of me, I just think the appetite of the board is for outlier views that people can attack or support. Reasonable comment is often ignored.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 12:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024