Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style 14:42 - Dec 14 with 1957 viewsMaySixth

On players
"I want them to be stubborn, resilient, nasty — but top lads too"

On coaching
"Don’t overcomplicate things. We’re going to make it as easy as we can, and it’s going to work for us"

Hi Mick!

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 14:57 - Dec 14 with 1830 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, the last 3 highly rated manager have promised us attractive football, passing out from the back at. Win percentages;

6.7%

32.7%

29.5% (Having spent the biggest budget in the league on a hand picked squad).

...maybe that doesnt work.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 15:06 - Dec 14 with 1775 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Harris is ticking a box, there. We've been powder-puff since MM left. We will not progress from this league without getting stuck in.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 15:24 - Dec 14 with 1680 viewsclive_baker

Sounds pretty sensible to me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 16:41 - Dec 14 with 1502 viewsHighgateBlue

If he /is/ the new boss, and he can somehow conjure up a promotion this year, I genuinely don't mind how he does it...
Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 16:48 - Dec 14 with 1464 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, why would we want to appoint someone who is a bit like our most successful manager of the last decade?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 16:49 - Dec 14 with 1462 viewsMattinLondon

I do agree with him in the sense that overcomplicating systems simply confuses the players. However, from the championship up, a team needs to be more than just 4-4-2 or you’ll just get beat.

When MM was appointed here a Wolves fan posted that MM is a great motivator but will always fall short against good players managed by a clever coach.

A team needs more to it than being good lads.
Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 17:29 - Dec 14 with 1351 viewsFixed_It

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 16:48 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Yeah, why would we want to appoint someone who is a bit like our most successful manager of the last decade?

Because the football became dreadful to watch?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 17:35 - Dec 14 with 1328 viewssuffolkpoker

win the battles and you should win the war...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 17:42 - Dec 14 with 1297 viewsjayessess

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 17:29 - Dec 14 by Fixed_It

Personally I think I'd quite enjoy watching someone improve our league position for 3 seasons straight.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 18:23 - Dec 14 with 1225 viewsGuthrum

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 17:29 - Dec 14 by Fixed_It

If we're winning games regularly (especially at a rate sufficient to make the play-offs this season), then very few people will care that much.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 18:27 - Dec 14 with 1204 viewsGuthrum

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 14:57 - Dec 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, the last 3 highly rated manager have promised us attractive football, passing out from the back at. Win percentages;

6.7%

32.7%

29.5% (Having spent the biggest budget in the league on a hand picked squad).

...maybe that doesnt work.

Or we just end up passing it around the back instead, or towards it, rather than "out from".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 18:30 - Dec 14 with 1196 viewsBlueBadger

As opposed to the silky 'tap around the back for a bit then lump it' stuff we'd been feasting on before?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 18:30 - Dec 14 with 1191 viewsHerbivore

If that happens after we've finished 9th, 6th, and 7th in the Championship I think I'd take that. If he comes in and has the kind of immediate impact McCarthy had and goes on to push us up the league table for 2-3 years subsequently I think that would count as success.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 22:08 - Dec 14 with 933 viewsPioneerBlue

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 16:49 - Dec 14 by MattinLondon

I do agree with him in the sense that overcomplicating systems simply confuses the players. However, from the championship up, a team needs to be more than just 4-4-2 or you’ll just get beat.

When MM was appointed here a Wolves fan posted that MM is a great motivator but will always fall short against good players managed by a clever coach.

A team needs more to it than being good lads.

Absolutely agree. There may well be different ways to get out a league but one thing is for sure you need more than the next team to unlock and win games. Mick’s team were alway found wanting when we needed that little bit more quality. Each of the others since have set about building something but each time they’ve either been the wrong manager or brought the wrong players to execute. Paul Cook at least started with the right intent and was supported but not allowed to finish the job. Direct one dimensional football has a ceiling when you meet a team with more quality to retain the ball, move you about and create and take chances.

All said, if JMcG is the man, if Neil Harris is, he isn’t my top pick but give him 16 -20 games per the standard now for ITFC fans and see where we are at.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Neil Harris talks about players and his coaching style on 22:16 - Dec 14 with 908 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are you seriously criticising a manager for suggesting that we should be difficult to beat and play as a team?

Yes, that might be like MM, but it should be a fundamental. How some are supporting managers for whom they were/are not expectations is beyond me.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024