Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... 13:26 - Mar 15 with 8861 viewsGavTWTD

To come up with one (or more) deal with the EU (such as Canada+++ or whatever), and decide on the deal we want?

If our politicians/parties can't be trusted to have a free vote, then there should be another referendum WITHOUT REMAIN AS AN OPTION. People say we shouldn't have another referendum, but shirley that depends on the question asked/votable answers? If it's purely "we've decided to leave, we now must choose how we leave".

The initial question was far too vague. The PM then had these red lines that she derived from the in/out question alone (no idea how she got them) and we're stuck in this impasse.

Apologies for another brexit thread.

Edit, sorry I mean without REMAIN as an option. Doh

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:05 - Mar 15 with 1942 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 20:25 - Mar 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Break up the disunited Kingdom. Sorts out whinging Scots and DUP and Irish Nats as there would be no more Britain or UK.
Independent Scotland join EU, Independent NI join EU (or a United Ireland), Independent Wales ( Leave EU and UK), Independent England (Leave EU and UK). Each part of UK gets what they voted for. Could have some kind of Nordic Council between the home nations similar to the Scandanavian countries but everyone has to stand on their own two feet.

The world would laugh at England. I'm Scottish and even I don't want that.

England hasn't stood on its own two feet since the Dark Ages.

Pronouns: He/Him

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:26 - Mar 15 with 1932 viewsLord_Lucan

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:05 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

Ignoring the thread and taking you up on your last point.

I am very proud of my country, you can dismiss it in your lilly livered way, or even in a drunken stupor like you colonial brothers like to do. I however would die for Her Maj and all that is great about Great Britain. Much is said about the efforts of the Russkies and the Yanks in WW11 but we were an equal player and you should recognise this rather than put down all the sacrifices made to you and your ilk.

Dark ages? Ha.

Who will you rely on to dig you out?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:39 - Mar 15 with 1915 viewsZedRodgers

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 20:25 - Mar 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Break up the disunited Kingdom. Sorts out whinging Scots and DUP and Irish Nats as there would be no more Britain or UK.
Independent Scotland join EU, Independent NI join EU (or a United Ireland), Independent Wales ( Leave EU and UK), Independent England (Leave EU and UK). Each part of UK gets what they voted for. Could have some kind of Nordic Council between the home nations similar to the Scandanavian countries but everyone has to stand on their own two feet.

I’m not sure that telling the DUP they’re not welcome around these parts anymore and there’s no union left for them would stop their whinging.

No, not at the moment

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:40 - Mar 15 with 1913 viewsPinewoodblue

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:26 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I am very proud of my country, you can dismiss it in your lilly livered way, or even in a drunken stupor like you colonial brothers like to do. I however would die for Her Maj and all that is great about Great Britain. Much is said about the efforts of the Russkies and the Yanks in WW11 but we were an equal player and you should recognise this rather than put down all the sacrifices made to you and your ilk.

Dark ages? Ha.

While I agree with you can think of a few Scots I wouldn't mind being repatriated.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:47 - Mar 15 with 1894 viewsDarth_Koont

Dark ages? Ha.

Jonno was talking about England on its own.

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:48 - Mar 15 with 1897 viewsOxford_Blue

Really sorry Gav. Your post makes no sense.
Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 23:17 - Mar 15 with 1875 viewsHerbivore

I'm looking forward to living in the independent EU city state of Norwich and regularly visiting the EU city state of London. Fck knows how you bumpkins will sustain an economy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 07:10 - Mar 16 with 1844 viewsm14_blue

Dark ages? Ha.

I think you’ve missed his point.

You’re talking about Great Britain, which is exactly what he’s saying
Login to get fewer ads

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 07:10 - Mar 16 with 1844 viewsm14_blue

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 14:12 - Mar 15 by pickles110564

What you are saying is a bunch of remain MP's negotiated on a deal they did not want and went for the worst possible deal so they get their way and remain.

What would your answer be to the Irish border pickles?
Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 07:35 - Mar 16 with 1830 viewsWeWereZombies

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 22:05 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

That's not quite true Darth, it was Scotland not standing on it's own two feet after the Panama empire building disaster that bankrupted a proud nation. However it was for mutual benefit that the Union of Crowns was made as the English Royal family had produced no heirs - not quite sure which part of the anatomy to blame there (or whether it is a good idea to stand on it).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 09:08 - Mar 16 with 1805 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 07:35 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

That's not quite true Darth, it was Scotland not standing on it's own two feet after the Panama empire building disaster that bankrupted a proud nation. However it was for mutual benefit that the Union of Crowns was made as the English Royal family had produced no heirs - not quite sure which part of the anatomy to blame there (or whether it is a good idea to stand on it).

I wouldn't argue that at all. In the modern context, Scotland would be a part of the EU and sheltered exactly like Ireland is.

The idea that England is fine on its own is silly. It's the misconception that it's bigger than it really is (which Lucan quickly confirms) when that goes back to an idea of England being interchangeable with the UK, the Commonwealth and even an Empire. It makes much more sense to be a strong voice in the world's strongest trade bloc rather than turning itself into the world's 10th biggest trade area or whatever it would be.

On a related note, I see that support to stay in the EU in Ireland was at 92% less than a year ago. Based on the way their interests and the signed treaty have been ignored by the UK but resolutely defended by the EU that's probably gone up since. On the face of it, being a smaller nation in the EU looks to be much better than being a smaller nation in the UK.

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 09:10 - Mar 16 with 1801 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 07:10 - Mar 16 by m14_blue

Indeed, and in Lucan's example he's even talking about the Commonwealth too.

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:01 - Mar 16 with 1785 viewsLord_Lucan

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 07:10 - Mar 16 by m14_blue

Apologies, I was p1ssed.

That's for the Koont as well.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 10:02]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:23 - Mar 16 with 1765 viewseireblue

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 20:42 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

It’s simple Gav.

As much as I want to stay and embrace my fellow European brothers I have to admit I have grown to despise the sneaky EU parliament.

I would leave tomorrow on WTO rules and get my secretary to fling an email to Juncker offering the EU a free trade deal with us and inform him that they have 7 days to take us up on our offer.

All the EU negotiation stuff is freely available.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/brexit-negotiations/negotiating-documents-articl

Not sure you could characterise them as sneaky. They have a bias to preserve the EU, but that is of course to be expected.

Surely the UK, and the position of not telling the UK people what it was going to do , i.e. the David Davis "holding cards close to the chest" nonsense, is more "sneaky".

The EU doesn't have to extend article 50. If they were being nasty, they simple would say no to an extension.
Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:29 - Mar 16 with 1749 viewstractordownsouth

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 14:12 - Mar 15 by pickles110564

What you are saying is a bunch of remain MP's negotiated on a deal they did not want and went for the worst possible deal so they get their way and remain.

None of your lot took responsibility - they promised the moon on a stick and then ran away. Boris refused to run for PM, Leadsom dropped out, Raab and Davis resigned, Farage effed off to America.

It’s almost as if they realised that they couldn’t achieve what they had promised and decided that it was easier to scream about betrayal from the sidelines

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:41 - Mar 16 with 1742 viewsLord_Lucan

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:23 - Mar 16 by eireblue

All the EU negotiation stuff is freely available.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/brexit-negotiations/negotiating-documents-articl

Not sure you could characterise them as sneaky. They have a bias to preserve the EU, but that is of course to be expected.

Surely the UK, and the position of not telling the UK people what it was going to do , i.e. the David Davis "holding cards close to the chest" nonsense, is more "sneaky".

The EU doesn't have to extend article 50. If they were being nasty, they simple would say no to an extension.

There are none so blind...............

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:43 - Mar 16 with 1741 viewsWeWereZombies

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 09:08 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

I wouldn't argue that at all. In the modern context, Scotland would be a part of the EU and sheltered exactly like Ireland is.

The idea that England is fine on its own is silly. It's the misconception that it's bigger than it really is (which Lucan quickly confirms) when that goes back to an idea of England being interchangeable with the UK, the Commonwealth and even an Empire. It makes much more sense to be a strong voice in the world's strongest trade bloc rather than turning itself into the world's 10th biggest trade area or whatever it would be.

On a related note, I see that support to stay in the EU in Ireland was at 92% less than a year ago. Based on the way their interests and the signed treaty have been ignored by the UK but resolutely defended by the EU that's probably gone up since. On the face of it, being a smaller nation in the EU looks to be much better than being a smaller nation in the UK.

And form a couple of days ago, courtesy of the i newspaper I picked up at the airport and am still reading:

Former Australian prime minister, Kevin Rudd, said: "I'm struck, as the British Parliament moves towards the endgame, with the number of times Australia, Canada, New Zealand and India have been advanced by the Brexiteers in the public debate as magical alternatives to Britain's current trade and investment relationship with the European Union."

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:54 - Mar 16 with 1728 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 10:43 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

And form a couple of days ago, courtesy of the i newspaper I picked up at the airport and am still reading:

Former Australian prime minister, Kevin Rudd, said: "I'm struck, as the British Parliament moves towards the endgame, with the number of times Australia, Canada, New Zealand and India have been advanced by the Brexiteers in the public debate as magical alternatives to Britain's current trade and investment relationship with the European Union."

Exactly. I don't think some of the leading Brexiteers have realised that these countries have moved on massively over the past half-century. Their interests aren't shared interests anymore, in fact they're not even vaguely aligned.

It's a worrying view of the world, especially that they don't seem to understand that geographical proximity to markets is still a huge driver.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 10:55]

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:01 - Mar 16 with 1723 viewsZedRodgers

This chap has the solutions.

No, not at the moment

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:05 - Mar 16 with 1715 viewswkj

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:01 - Mar 16 by ZedRodgers

"You perversing the rule of democrasaay" - That Bloke, 2019

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:09 - Mar 16 with 1709 viewsLord_Lucan

Is that Dolly with his rucksack?

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:15 - Mar 16 with 1700 viewsm14_blue

These people have completely hijacked the brexit vote.

Despite what some say on here, there were genuine reasons to vote leave but they have been completely lost in the fog of ignorant anger and brainless ranting of absolute idiots like this.

And these morons now think they represent ‘will of the people’, that’s the real tragedy of Brexit
Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:18 - Mar 16 with 1700 viewsLord_Lucan

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:15 - Mar 16 by m14_blue

Despite what some say on here, there were genuine reasons to vote leave but they have been completely lost in the fog of ignorant anger and brainless ranting of absolute idiots like this.

And these morons now think they represent ‘will of the people’, that’s the real tragedy of Brexit

You can console yourself with the fact that he is very angry at the moment and will undoubtedly die in a foul mood.

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:21 - Mar 16 with 1692 viewsm14_blue

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:18 - Mar 16 by Lord_Lucan

You can console yourself with the fact that he is very angry at the moment and will undoubtedly die in a foul mood.

That actually does help a little.

Thanks
Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:25 - Mar 16 with 1692 viewsWeWereZombies

Isn't the solution to the brexit problem... on 11:15 - Mar 16 by m14_blue

But it also shows the value, despite all it's inefficiencies and apparent dilatory nature, of the EU as a check and balance to extremism on a global scale. Which is why Brexiteers, including most 'moderate' ones, do not like the EU and are prepared for the United Kingdom to surrender influence of the World stage as one of the big three (together with France and Germany) in the Union rather than give up their dogma.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024