Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for 14:08 - Jun 19 with 4961 viewsSWGF

Frankie Kent and Sammie Szmodics. Thought Szmodics was off to Bournemouth....!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:10 - Jun 19 with 3985 viewsKieran_Knows

They would be 2 really good signings for Peterborough. McAnthony really backing Ferguson this transfer window.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:12 - Jun 19 with 3962 viewsReuser_is_God

We really ought to be looking at both of these.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:28 - Jun 19 with 3883 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What positions is Szmodics?

I know he's attacking midfield, is he central or wide?

If central, we already have Judge, Bishop and Nolan in that role, so I wouldn't see us spending money on him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:39 - Jun 19 with 3836 viewsFixed_It

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:28 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

If central, we already have Judge, Bishop and Nolan in that role, so I wouldn't see us spending money on him.

Agreed. Would we want to let any of those go to get him in? Not sure we would.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:41 - Jun 19 with 3818 viewsITFC_Forever

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:28 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wouldn't see us spending money on anyone.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:44 - Jun 19 with 3795 viewsWickets

I dont think we will be spending money on anyone !
Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:56 - Jun 19 with 3749 viewsitfcjoe

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:12 - Jun 19 by Reuser_is_God

We really ought to be looking at both of these.

Kent too sloppy defensively for me, but would sign Szmodics in a heartbeat - should be signed him years ago

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:05 - Jun 19 with 3691 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:44 - Jun 19 by Wickets

I dont think we will be spending money on anyone !

I've no issue with getting good free's.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:05 - Jun 19 with 3694 viewschicoazul

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 14:56 - Jun 19 by itfcjoe

Kent too sloppy defensively for me, but would sign Szmodics in a heartbeat - should be signed him years ago

Courtney Senior is the one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:07 - Jun 19 with 3667 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:05 - Jun 19 by chicoazul

Courtney Senior is the one.

Been linked with a few Championship sides, hasn't he?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:10 - Jun 19 with 3668 viewschristiand

Peterborough's scouting team is terrific. They just seem to continually pick up bargains and then sell them on for a hefty profit a season or two later. I do look on at them with envy from that point of view.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:17 - Jun 19 with 3612 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:10 - Jun 19 by christiand

Peterborough's scouting team is terrific. They just seem to continually pick up bargains and then sell them on for a hefty profit a season or two later. I do look on at them with envy from that point of view.

I agree with that to a degree, and I imagine it has lined McAnthony's pockets quite well, but they haven't really had all that much success on the pitch, albeit one season in the Championship a few years ago.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 15:17]

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:22 - Jun 19 with 3560 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree that they do a good job.

Not sure Szmodics needed 'scouting'.

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:49 - Jun 19 with 3439 viewsIllinoisblue

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:17 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

I agree with that to a degree, and I imagine it has lined McAnthony's pockets quite well, but they haven't really had all that much success on the pitch, albeit one season in the Championship a few years ago.

indeed. they seem to be a perennial league 1 fringe-of-playoffs club who flog a couple of youngsters for a few million each year. Very good at spotting non-league talent. Not very good at doing anything useful with it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:17 - Jun 19 with 3322 viewschristiand

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 15:17 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

Is that not because the talent is then sold off to the highest bidder? A job well done on their part.

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:21 - Jun 19 with 3301 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:17 - Jun 19 by christiand

Is that not because the talent is then sold off to the highest bidder? A job well done on their part.

But if the talent is that good in the first place (which it is), then why aren't they getting promoted? I appreciate that its no fun having a team ripped apart and starting again, but they at least have a decent squad together for a season, so why isn't it getting promoted before being torn apart?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:30 - Jun 19 with 3270 viewschristiand

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:21 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

But if the talent is that good in the first place (which it is), then why aren't they getting promoted? I appreciate that its no fun having a team ripped apart and starting again, but they at least have a decent squad together for a season, so why isn't it getting promoted before being torn apart?

Must impact on the team seeing players coming and going? For me, I feel Peterborough are punching above their weight now, just outside the League One play off places generally. Managers change quite regularly at London Road too, that can’t be a helpful factor either.

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:31 - Jun 19 with 3265 viewsPhilTWTD

Mainly been down to Barry Fry over the years.
Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:55 - Jun 19 with 3154 viewsstrikalite

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:21 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

Consistency, on their day even last season they still turn a team over no problem, but if they're not on their game especially at home they look void of ideas, injuries didn't help, throw in a bit of luck too and yes you need it and they finish 7th, they dropped so many points at home last season to bottom six sides...

Gates of 6k ish, they'll always struggle and higher than League One anyway..
Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:58 - Jun 19 with 3139 viewsMrTown

People were saying he’s too good for us. Will be making a bigger step up than us blah blah.

How are they paying a fee for Smzodics, he’s a free agent?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:58 - Jun 19 with 3136 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:30 - Jun 19 by christiand

Must impact on the team seeing players coming and going? For me, I feel Peterborough are punching above their weight now, just outside the League One play off places generally. Managers change quite regularly at London Road too, that can’t be a helpful factor either.

Well quite, so the only real success from it is McAnthony lining his own pockets (although he does still spend a fair bit).

Their model is decent, but other clubs have good models, and success with it (see Norwich, Swansea and Southampton to name 3 from recent seasons).
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 16:59]

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:59 - Jun 19 with 3131 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:58 - Jun 19 by MrTown

People were saying he’s too good for us. Will be making a bigger step up than us blah blah.

How are they paying a fee for Smzodics, he’s a free agent?

I think Smzodics had a years option in his deal, which Col U (obviously) took up, but it wasn't fully disclosed .... pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 17:16 - Jun 19 with 3044 viewsIllinoisblue

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:55 - Jun 19 by strikalite

Consistency, on their day even last season they still turn a team over no problem, but if they're not on their game especially at home they look void of ideas, injuries didn't help, throw in a bit of luck too and yes you need it and they finish 7th, they dropped so many points at home last season to bottom six sides...

Gates of 6k ish, they'll always struggle and higher than League One anyway..

on their day, they could easily batter someone 7-1

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 17:24 - Jun 19 with 3016 viewschristiand

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:58 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

Well quite, so the only real success from it is McAnthony lining his own pockets (although he does still spend a fair bit).

Their model is decent, but other clubs have good models, and success with it (see Norwich, Swansea and Southampton to name 3 from recent seasons).

But they’re doing it lower down the leagues, with less money. That’s where their scouting comes into play.

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 17:52 - Jun 19 with 2961 viewstractorboy1978

Peterborough have agreed fees with Col Who for on 16:58 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

It's much the same with Brentford - they are lauded for their model and rightfully so, but it has not delivered any tangible success on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024