Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Total recall 23:45 - Sep 17 with 929 viewsStokieBlue

A prime example of why they should stop doing remakes.

The original is great, especially for it's time. Still the same now. The remake is trash.

Seems there are rumours of a back to the future remake. I can't think of anything worse.

Great result tonight.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Total recall on 23:49 - Sep 17 with 914 viewswkj

I'm personally looking forward to a remake of The Matrix, but seeing what taking the other pill would have done. A nice sunny holiday in the Maldives and a few glasses of Merlot I would imagine.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Total recall on 00:03 - Sep 18 with 878 viewsStokieBlue

Total recall on 23:49 - Sep 17 by wkj

I'm personally looking forward to a remake of The Matrix, but seeing what taking the other pill would have done. A nice sunny holiday in the Maldives and a few glasses of Merlot I would imagine.

I thought it was a new episode from the original writer not a remake. I'm quite looking forward to it as well.

I've been to the Maldives. Drinking merlot there deserves a "chat". I'm available for normalisation drinking advice at your convenience. Snorkeling advice is extra, I believe he standard price is 15.99 + VAT.

SB.

Total recall on 00:05 - Sep 18 with 876 viewsjeera

Yes, I noticed there is one but have refused to watch it on principle.

There was a film called Footloose on last weekend too apparently, but I'm not having that either.

Have writers run out of ideas or are these film makers just set on ways to exploit the next generations with remakes of stuff they're not familiar with?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 0:49]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Total recall on 00:15 - Sep 18 with 862 viewsstonojnr

Total recall on 00:05 - Sep 18 by jeera

There was a film called Footloose on last weekend too apparently, but I'm not having that either.

Have writers run out of ideas or are these film makers just set on ways to exploit the next generations with remakes of stuff they're not familiar with?

the problem is a remake gives you instantly an x% of box office return inbuilt through name recognition regardless of how good the film is, hollywood is a business after all so its a numbers game, they just need to get back to taking more risks and making any of the number of stories that have never been done before, but if you can chuck some superheroes in a film, keep repeating the same films, why take a risk.

and Total Recall is a classic, would never get made that way now, its all practical effects for one not cgi,but hence why the remake missed the point, and Bob Zemeckis has said there will never be a BTTF remake so we can sleep easily on that
Total recall on 00:17 - Sep 18 with 860 viewsStokieBlue

Total recall on 00:05 - Sep 18 by jeera

Well, your strategy is excellent.

Not only do you get to enjoy the originals but I just managed to drunkenly slice off a portion of my finger with a Japanese knife in the break.

That wouldn't happen in the new ones. You'd just turn over.

SB

Total recall on 00:27 - Sep 18 with 850 viewsjeera

Total recall on 00:17 - Sep 18 by StokieBlue

Well, your strategy is excellent.

Not only do you get to enjoy the originals but I just managed to drunkenly slice off a portion of my finger with a Japanese knife in the break.

That wouldn't happen in the new ones. You'd just turn over.

SB

I sincerely hope you're ok.

I had a Chinese influenced meal for dinner, so I suppose there's historically a bit of conflict there, but it wasn't part of any strategy though I promise!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Total recall on 00:39 - Sep 18 with 835 viewswkj

I think RZ said he wouldn't allow a BTTF remake as long as he was alive, which is a good sign, of course, How much sway he has I don't know.

Kindergarten Cop needs a remake though, but, hot take, arnie plays the role of the children and the cop is the ghost of tosh from the bill.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024