Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone watch... 08:51 - Dec 4 with 2526 viewschicoazul

....the football on Prime last night? What was it like in a specific sense, was it streamed ok with no buffering? When I had Prime on my Apple TV a while back it was almost always interrupted by buffering and artefacts (I think they are called) and I never have the same problem with Netflix. I have fibre and usually speeds of at least 30 MB.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Did anyone watch... on 08:59 - Dec 4 with 2501 viewsMrTown

I watched it, thought it was good to be fair, didn't buffer once at all, commentary was good.

Not a bad expirience at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Did anyone watch... on 09:07 - Dec 4 with 2463 viewsHerbivore

Did anyone watch... on 08:59 - Dec 4 by MrTown

I watched it, thought it was good to be fair, didn't buffer once at all, commentary was good.

Same here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did anyone watch... on 09:11 - Dec 4 with 2455 viewsBigManBlue

That's odd, my internet is cack for almost everything else but Prime TV always runs really well on it. The actual presentation of the games was half decent too.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Did anyone watch... on 09:37 - Dec 4 with 2407 viewsbrazil1982

Palace v Bournemouth kept buffering, switched over to Burnley v City and it was perfect.

The usual commentators and pundits (how much does Shearer earn from scowling and saying very little?) didn't make it feel at all "new" tbf.
Did anyone watch... on 09:41 - Dec 4 with 2392 viewsRobTheMonk

Quality was excellent for me. Streaming off PS4 on a Samsung 1080p tv (5 years old). I'm looking forward to seeing it in 4K when I move into my new place.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 9:42]
Did anyone watch... on 09:45 - Dec 4 with 2381 viewschicoazul

Thank you friends!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Did anyone watch... on 09:45 - Dec 4 with 2379 viewsbahri

Did anyone watch... on 08:59 - Dec 4 by MrTown

Same here, as well, but,I wish for life without pundits.
Game on, game over and watch something else

redandella

Did anyone watch... on 09:47 - Dec 4 with 2373 viewsGeoffSentence

I didnt watch it, but regrding your general point about buffering with amazon prime and not netflix, I too have suffered exactly the same. It does seem to have been better recently though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone watch... on 09:59 - Dec 4 with 2354 viewsSteve_M

This is good.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-foot

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did anyone watch... on 10:10 - Dec 4 with 2311 viewsSwailsey

Good for me, 10/10 would definitely do again.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Did anyone watch... on 10:16 - Dec 4 with 2289 viewsIpswichKnight

Was fine on my iphone, it did freeze and buffer a bit at first on the Samsung tablet but after about a minute it streamed properly and had no problems.
Did anyone watch... on 11:59 - Dec 4 with 2218 viewsSaleAway

Did anyone watch... on 09:45 - Dec 4 by bahri

Same here, as well, but,I wish for life without pundits.
Game on, game over and watch something else

Surely its fairly easy to turn off the tv at the end of the game?

There was also an option last night to turn commentary off and just have stadium noise.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Did anyone watch... on 12:47 - Dec 4 with 2113 viewsbahri

Did anyone watch... on 11:59 - Dec 4 by SaleAway

Surely its fairly easy to turn off the tv at the end of the game?

There was also an option last night to turn commentary off and just have stadium noise.

I do turn off immediately !!
Didn't know about turning off the commentary, I'll do that tonight. Thanks
Wish Sky had the same option rather than listening to the awful Martin Tyler

redandella

Did anyone watch... on 12:49 - Dec 4 with 2105 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Did anyone watch... on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 1999 viewsParky

Haven't had Sky for a year or so, but signed up for the free 30 day trial on Prime last night, and was impressed with the visuals and commentary.

The only slight negative thing for me, was how delayed the stream was. - On Rodri's goal, I got a whatsapp saying "what a hit" and on my stream the ball was the other end of the pitch.
Did anyone watch... on 14:33 - Dec 4 with 1985 viewsSaleAway

Did anyone watch... on 14:15 - Dec 4 by Parky

Haven't had Sky for a year or so, but signed up for the free 30 day trial on Prime last night, and was impressed with the visuals and commentary.

The only slight negative thing for me, was how delayed the stream was. - On Rodri's goal, I got a whatsapp saying "what a hit" and on my stream the ball was the other end of the pitch.

Yeah, streaming delay is still a problem - apparently the BBC have a technical solution that will improve it quite a lot, but it will take time before its rolled out to its streaming services. And then further before everyone else catches up, I'd imagine.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Did anyone watch... on 14:56 - Dec 4 with 1968 viewshaynes_toe1

Liked it. Some good live stats thing that you could pull up and view too.

Probs watch a combination of the Man U vs Spurs and the Saints vs Norwich game tonight (whilst keeping up with our score too).
Did anyone watch... on 16:07 - Dec 4 with 1913 viewsJ2BLUE

No problem with Palace game. City game slightly laggy.

I didn't like the Opta stats either. Enough stats and BS in the game. Just show the damn game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did anyone watch... on 16:33 - Dec 4 with 1881 viewsartsbossbeard

Missus was watching Netflix, Beard Jnr on the Xbox and I was watching the footy on the tablet.

No buffering this end.

I also set the sound to "stadium noise only - no commentary". Bliss.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Did anyone watch... on 11:34 - Dec 5 with 1680 viewschicoazul

Did anyone watch... on 12:49 - Dec 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

On the one hand yes, on the other hand Amazon could buy Sky and close it for lols if they wanted to, and BCWYWF.

Did anyone watch... on 11:34 - Dec 5 with 1676 viewschicoazul

Thank you all friends!

Did anyone watch... on 11:40 - Dec 5 with 1660 viewsSteve_M

I watched a bit last night, no issues with buffering, big issues with Andy Townsend.

The goals thing was watchable, because it showed the goals as they went in but that only works for about six games at a time. Harry Redknapp was incredibly dull as a pundit, I wonder what attracted him to working for a massively tax-avoiding company.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did anyone watch... on 11:56 - Dec 5 with 1631 viewsIpswichKnight

Did anyone watch... on 11:40 - Dec 5 by Steve_M

I watched a bit last night, no issues with buffering, big issues with Andy Townsend.

The goals thing was watchable, because it showed the goals as they went in but that only works for about six games at a time. Harry Redknapp was incredibly dull as a pundit, I wonder what attracted him to working for a massively tax-avoiding company.....

No idea perhaps we should ask his dog!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024