Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have 20:23 - Mar 8 with 5093 viewsCoco

history of working on a tight budget, proven record of developing young players, play good football in the lower leagues and would have the majority of the fans support.

My choices:

Karl Robinson
Nathan Jones

Or you go unproven but potentially good:
A Neil Critchley type (Mentioned this before Blackpool swooped)
Kieron Dyer

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 10:38 - Mar 9 with 1086 viewsthebooks

There are a few around.

Agree the McGreal link is a bit odd.

I think Darren Moore would be good, although whether we’re more attractive than Doncaster is a moot point. Karl Robinson is the obvious one.
Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 10:51 - Mar 9 with 1065 viewsHarry_Palmer

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 08:44 - Mar 9 by ElephantintheRoom

You should remember the last manager who last had the security of a five year contract - well maybe a five year plan.... George Burley.

Year after year he was utterly hopeless and rescued by an 'experienced coach' who seemingly turned Town's seasons around with a snap of the fingers.

One possible route is to appoint a decent coach with a view to helping then succeeding Lambo - with Lambo destined for the director of football role his PR skills and Scottishness would appear to be well suited.

If 'utterly hopeless' equates to playing attractive football and getting into the play-offs every year, ( in the championship! ) I sure wish we could find ourselves an 'utterly hopeless' manager now.
Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:05 - Mar 9 with 1017 viewsMoriarty

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 23:28 - Mar 8 by Tonytown

Why would he leave Leeds to come here?

I imagine the issue would be more about getting him away from Biesla.

Our managers have generally been on decent wedge. Opportunity to come to a club with more potential that it’s showing. I understand he wants to stay in England so this might be a chance for him to make some noise.

I do see your point though. It might well be a hard sell but one I think that is worth exploring.

fka omuircheartaigh

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:15 - Mar 9 with 996 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 10:11 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

He's only now met the salary point by dropping down a league, but yes at this level we should have the funds to compete.

I'd almost forgotten about KVY - totally agree, he's our one for this year. If we can find one a year like him we'll be doing well.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 10:17]

I think to have a continuous development of young players, I think we need to be making 2 KVY type signings per summer, and cherry picking 2 from the academy to step up to the first team per year (as a minimum.)

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:30 - Mar 9 with 969 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 10:04 - Mar 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

I like John McGreal, think he's done a good job at Col U personally.

Surely McGreal being abandoned would be ridiculous? Missed out on play-offs by one place on the final day last year and are currently 6th in the play-offs right now.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 10:04]

I think that is literally the point. They are similar to us I think. In terms of they have a strong squad for that league, started really well and have just sort of become very sporadic. It was the same last year, and if you think, last year they had Frankie Kent and Szmodics playing for them.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:36 - Mar 9 with 958 viewsElephantintheRoom

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 10:51 - Mar 9 by Harry_Palmer

If 'utterly hopeless' equates to playing attractive football and getting into the play-offs every year, ( in the championship! ) I sure wish we could find ourselves an 'utterly hopeless' manager now.

The point is that it wasn't Saint Burley on his own...it was with the assistance of Hamilton and Houston, both of whom transformed him. I'd also bracket Dale Roberts in a similar vein... Burley seemed to go to pieces (or revert to type) after his untimely demise.

My point is - and I think someone else suggested it above , Lambert was only a good manager when he had a decent assistant - and he could be again.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:44 - Mar 9 with 950 viewsHarry_Palmer

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:36 - Mar 9 by ElephantintheRoom

The point is that it wasn't Saint Burley on his own...it was with the assistance of Hamilton and Houston, both of whom transformed him. I'd also bracket Dale Roberts in a similar vein... Burley seemed to go to pieces (or revert to type) after his untimely demise.

My point is - and I think someone else suggested it above , Lambert was only a good manager when he had a decent assistant - and he could be again.

Of course the coaching staff are also important, nobody would suggest otherwise, but to label Burley as 'utterly hopeless' is just nonsense.

As for Lambert he is finished as a manager, he chooses his coaching staff and that cannot be used as an excuse for his failings here or in his previous 3/4 jobs.
Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:50 - Mar 9 with 938 viewsElephantintheRoom

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:44 - Mar 9 by Harry_Palmer

Of course the coaching staff are also important, nobody would suggest otherwise, but to label Burley as 'utterly hopeless' is just nonsense.

As for Lambert he is finished as a manager, he chooses his coaching staff and that cannot be used as an excuse for his failings here or in his previous 3/4 jobs.

We'll have to differ on that one then. But if you look at Burley's performance pre-Hamilton and then pre-Houston I think utterly hopeless is pretty accurate - and perhaps not quite hopeless enough to describe him post Roberts

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 13:04 - Mar 9 with 920 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 12:36 - Mar 9 by ElephantintheRoom

To discredit a manager based on having very good backroom staff is absurd. Dale was very, very good, a brilliant coach. That doesn't mean that Burley wasn't good, part of being a manager is having good coaches and making sure those coaches execute your plan and guide your teams on playing how the manager wants to. Culverhouse was probably instrumental to PL at Norwich, that for me isn't a reason to discredit him for what he did at Norwich?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 13:08 - Mar 9 with 908 viewsHerbivore

Managers who would actually fit Evans' 5-point plan, are in our reach, have on 13:04 - Mar 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

To discredit a manager based on having very good backroom staff is absurd. Dale was very, very good, a brilliant coach. That doesn't mean that Burley wasn't good, part of being a manager is having good coaches and making sure those coaches execute your plan and guide your teams on playing how the manager wants to. Culverhouse was probably instrumental to PL at Norwich, that for me isn't a reason to discredit him for what he did at Norwich?

Don't feed the troll, mate. It's what he wants.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024