Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town 10:07 - Mar 28 with 4187 viewsSitfcB

Watson has done well here.

A good read.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/jimmy-bullards-reflects-on-ipswich-town-spell-1-658

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:22 - Mar 29 with 338 viewspointofblue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:05 - Mar 29 by ArnieM

How interesting are Bullards words here...….

"“It wasn’t just down to the midfield though, it wasn’t just their crisis. I don’t think we were that strong in the centre-half position and I think we relied too much on Chops (Michael Chopra) up front.

“The biggest thing was that we lacked pace. Lee Martin and Carlos Edwards were rapid, but the rest of the team was probably the slowest in the Championship. We were all good footballers, but we were plodders.
“The other key ingredient we lacked, the thing that Paul Jewell underestimated, was that hunger, that eye of the tiger. Naturally, you lose a bit of that the older you get"

He's talking about a team in 2011...…… nearly a decade on , and those very observations
( weak in the middle , relying primarily on one striker, lacking pace/plodders, and reduced hunger associated with ageing players), by Bullard can still be applied to the Town team as a problem cant they !

Just bloody amazing tbh that this central issue STILL hasn't been addressed by managers .

I wouldn’t say we’re weak in the middle at the moment, or at least we shouldn’t be. Maybe the true issue is, like 2011, we haven’t got the balance right.

We do seriously lack pace without Vincent-Young; Jackson’s the only other player to possess it. And it does feel like we have a squad who are currently just going through the motions.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:22 - Mar 29 with 294 viewspatrickswell

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:22 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

I wouldn’t say we’re weak in the middle at the moment, or at least we shouldn’t be. Maybe the true issue is, like 2011, we haven’t got the balance right.

We do seriously lack pace without Vincent-Young; Jackson’s the only other player to possess it. And it does feel like we have a squad who are currently just going through the motions.

Re: going through the motions - in a sense it’s less forgivable now than it was in 2011. Take out Chambers and Skuse and I don’t think that we have in any sense a squad that could be described as aging, but we do have an uncomfortable mix of young guys finding their way, others who are constantly managing injuries/unclear on what’s expected of them and a bunch of others who seem to have experienced nothing but failure since they came here.
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:33 - Mar 29 with 264 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:22 - Mar 29 by patrickswell

Re: going through the motions - in a sense it’s less forgivable now than it was in 2011. Take out Chambers and Skuse and I don’t think that we have in any sense a squad that could be described as aging, but we do have an uncomfortable mix of young guys finding their way, others who are constantly managing injuries/unclear on what’s expected of them and a bunch of others who seem to have experienced nothing but failure since they came here.

Judge is 31 & looking like Jimmy Bullard, without the attitude.
Wilson is 31 & has never been very good.
Sears is 30 & recovering from long term injury.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024