Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excluding Tony dinning 09:31 - Oct 13 with 7233 viewsfergalsharkey

Who is the worst player you have ever seen don a towen shirt?
You can't say Dinning as that's a given.

Poll: Cook out?

Excluding Tony dinning on 13:28 - Oct 14 with 521 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Excluding Tony dinning on 21:56 - Oct 13 by Horsham

Tom Carson

Drissa Diallo––-Mark Fish––Chris O’Donnell––Amir Karic

Larsen Toure––Brekke Skard––Tony Dinning––-Marco Holster

Adam Proudlock––Lee Chapman

Holster was terrible. I think he only made one start, at Grimsby on the opening day of the season. He was put through one on one and finished like a pub player.

A game also notable for Richard Wright saving a pen in the first minute.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Excluding Tony dinning on 14:18 - Oct 14 with 493 viewsRadlett_blue

Excluding Tony dinning on 21:58 - Oct 13 by The_Last_Baron

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/survivor-tells-of-attack-as-police-link-it-to-mu

Did they ever catch the guy?
Random attacks like this are very rare but that doesn't make them any less scary.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Excluding Tony dinning on 14:25 - Oct 14 with 488 viewsTrumptonBlue

He's had a couple of mentions, but I thought Neil Woods was quite decent. The manager who signed him didn't, strangely.

Who can forget the opening game of 89/90? 1-0 down at home to Barnsley, Woods is on the bench, outrageously, having had a great pre-season, and the whole of the North Stand is chanting for him to come on. Eventually, Duncan gives in and brings him on. He scores, turns the game and we win 3-1. Back on the bench the next week, of course.
Excluding Tony dinning on 15:28 - Oct 14 with 458 viewsbelgablue

Gerry Creaney and Steven Bobby Howe were robbing a living out of football.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Excluding Tony dinning on 15:48 - Oct 14 with 448 viewsRadlett_blue

Excluding Tony dinning on 14:25 - Oct 14 by TrumptonBlue

He's had a couple of mentions, but I thought Neil Woods was quite decent. The manager who signed him didn't, strangely.

Who can forget the opening game of 89/90? 1-0 down at home to Barnsley, Woods is on the bench, outrageously, having had a great pre-season, and the whole of the North Stand is chanting for him to come on. Eventually, Duncan gives in and brings him on. He scores, turns the game and we win 3-1. Back on the bench the next week, of course.

We did thump Sunderland in the next game & I guess everyone assumed the promotion charge was on. After failing to win any of the next 7 games, reality returned. Woods remained a bench warmer, starting only 3 games all season.
His subsequent career in the lower leagues would suggest he wasn't up to Div 2, but I think he did suffer from back problems when at Town.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Excluding Tony dinning on 15:54 - Oct 14 with 441 viewsIpswichKnight

Excluding Tony dinning on 13:28 - Oct 14 by The_Last_Baron

Holster was terrible. I think he only made one start, at Grimsby on the opening day of the season. He was put through one on one and finished like a pub player.

A game also notable for Richard Wright saving a pen in the first minute.

I had tried to expunge that from memory but it has come flooding back, I do remember thinking he will bury this and we can start celebrating but you are being generous in describing it like a pub players finish.... it wasn't even that good. Maybe Wrights penalty save will be one for the ITFC Save machine on twitter!
Excluding Tony dinning on 17:35 - Oct 14 with 406 viewsHipsterectomy

Gio Dos Santos

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Excluding Tony dinning on 00:31 - Oct 15 with 355 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Excluding Tony dinning on 14:25 - Oct 14 by TrumptonBlue

Woods was alright, had a good run at the start of that season. Got a really bad injury at Town which I don't think he recovered 100% from.

The week after that Barnsley win we stuffed Sunderland 4-2 at Roker Park. We thought we were going places but the season was a big disappointment and John Duncan got the sack.

Login to get fewer ads

Excluding Tony dinning on 00:42 - Oct 15 with 354 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Excluding Tony dinning on 14:18 - Oct 14 by Radlett_blue

Did they ever catch the guy?
Random attacks like this are very rare but that doesn't make them any less scary.

He's never been caught, sadly. Police seem to have given up on the case despite the Smith family trying to keep the pressure on them. Maybe something will emerge as there is DNA evidence which would nail the murderer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024