Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this season a write-off already? 18:56 - Nov 20 with 5124 viewsKernowBluey

After today's daylight robbery of a loss, I feel as if this season is just going be a repeat of last seasons. Lots of hope before Xmas before it all starts to unravel itself to a sub par finish.
I want to believe we're going to into the top 6 this season, but we stutter and stumble again against opposition which we should of blown out of the water with the amount of chances we had.
It really is painful being a Town fan. We want our team to succeed but at the moment nothing is happening to suggest a top 6 finish, although I'd love to proved wrong come May.
I really am hoping that we do turn this season back around, we're already 7 points off the top 6.
All I've known as a young Town fan (21), is empty promises, relegation and unbearable pain. All I want is at least one successful campaign, is that too much to ask for?
My faith is fast running out, but keep the faith, I guess.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 18:59]
Is this season a write-off already? on 07:24 - Nov 22 with 588 viewsHerbivore

Is this season a write-off already? on 22:32 - Nov 21 by Garv

I hope he stays.

Plays football the right way, talks like a fan. He's got an infectious personality and even changes his voice during an interview purely for our own amusement.

Would you want him to stay even if we don't make the play offs? That's absolute madness. Wanting to keep a failing manager because they seem like a decent bloke would top the worst follies of the banter era.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 7:24]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this season a write-off already? on 09:17 - Nov 22 with 540 viewsjayessess

Is this season a write-off already? on 18:52 - Nov 21 by Parky

If you can’t be excited for the future of your club with new ambitious owners, who to-date have not put a single foot wrong, ontop of the most exciting squad we’ve had in absolute years, what’s the point?

To still be like we are, after everything that's happened off the pitch, is more depressing than anything, isn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is this season a write-off already? on 10:34 - Nov 22 with 522 viewsmarkchips

No point buying Fraser and Pigott who are proven and then not playing them.

In my opinion the likes of Edwards and Celina are luxury players and along with Harper , Coulsen and Penney need to justify their inclusion. Far too many players injured and inconsistent.

Not really bothered whether Celina and his mates run to Ashton complaining, we need a team that understands this league . Burgess in at left back for Rotherham too.
Is this season a write-off already? on 11:03 - Nov 22 with 494 viewsLower_North

I remember seeing Palace down here on 28th December 2003 they were fourth from bottom. They won 3-1 ,went on a stonking run second part of the season sneaked into the play offs in sixth, and then beat West Ham in the final.

It can happen, so no its not a write off.
Is this season a write-off already? on 11:05 - Nov 22 with 489 viewsHerbivore

Is this season a write-off already? on 11:03 - Nov 22 by Lower_North

I remember seeing Palace down here on 28th December 2003 they were fourth from bottom. They won 3-1 ,went on a stonking run second part of the season sneaked into the play offs in sixth, and then beat West Ham in the final.

It can happen, so no its not a write off.

That kind of thing is pretty rare though, so not sure pinning our hopes on it is a great idea. People also point at Blackpool last season, but they had more points than we do at the same stage of the season and had already started putting some wins together. We're in danger of the season drifting away from us it things don't pick up soon. Two wins this week feels very much needed.

Is this season a write-off already? on 11:12 - Nov 22 with 486 viewsDavoIPB

Is this season a write-off already? on 20:22 - Nov 20 by DavoIPB

Yep sorry this season is write off. Our players man for man so much better than Sunderland but no idea how to score a goal.

We created lots of opportunities, especially in the first half. Celina just needed to hit the ball a bit harder or either side of the goal keeper and we would have comfortably won that game.
Is this season a write-off already? on 11:23 - Nov 22 with 471 viewsGarv

Is this season a write-off already? on 07:24 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Would you want him to stay even if we don't make the play offs? That's absolute madness. Wanting to keep a failing manager because they seem like a decent bloke would top the worst follies of the banter era.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 7:24]

Impossible to answer that until the season has played out.

Probably not if we're being realistic, but managers can and do have poor campaigns followed by good ones. If we still think he's the best man for the job for 2022/23, then yes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is this season a write-off already? on 11:37 - Nov 22 with 467 viewsHerbivore

Is this season a write-off already? on 11:23 - Nov 22 by Garv

Impossible to answer that until the season has played out.

Probably not if we're being realistic, but managers can and do have poor campaigns followed by good ones. If we still think he's the best man for the job for 2022/23, then yes.

I'm struggling to see under what circumstances we could fail to make the top 6 this season and still think Cook is the best man to take us forward. We'd be looking at 15 months of failure at that point.

Login to get fewer ads

Is this season a write-off already? on 15:43 - Nov 22 with 411 viewsDavoIPB

Yes, yes this season is over already. Afraid that the confidence has gone from the players. Might just scrape the playoffs but don't think we would go up too inconsistent.
Is this season a write-off already? on 17:18 - Nov 22 with 390 viewspeterleeblue

Is this season a write-off already? on 22:32 - Nov 21 by Garv

I hope he stays.

Plays football the right way, talks like a fan. He's got an infectious personality and even changes his voice during an interview purely for our own amusement.

On this basis I am happy to give him at least until the end of the season to see if we can become consistent. All of our other failures have had as long if not longer.
For me last season was the season that wasn't (COVID no crowds etc.) it bore no resemblance to what Professional football is really about.

Cook is proven at this level. The football is definitely better. We have been patient for over 15 years. At least we go into every game looking like we might win.
Is this season a write-off already? on 22:11 - Nov 23 with 330 viewsKernowBluey

I think after tonight's game, I feel as if Cook should leave.
Diabolical performance tonight, no end product (AGAIN!), and 1D formation and tactics.
It was only a couple of weeks ago that we were thrashing Wycombe 4-1, and now we looked useless and not even a shot on target at home.
Something has to change, whether it's managing staff or formation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024