Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team tomorrow 14:17 - Jan 13 with 4283 viewsitfcjoe

------------------Walton------------------
Donacien---Woolf---Burgess---Davis
---------------Evans----Morsy----------
Burns----Chaplin-----Harness--------
------------------Ladapo------------------

Subs: Hladky, Edmundson, Humpheys, Aluko, Broadhead, Hirst, Jackson
Not in squad: KVY, Leigh, Keogh, Luongo, Edwards, Ahadme

Fairly confident that 10 of those will start, just not sure on Harness or Broadhead, but think MH will get the nod.

The bench is tough to pick, when you can use 5 subs it is stupid to only be able to name 7 and not 9.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team tomorrow on 15:18 - Jan 13 with 1186 viewsLankHenners

Think Broadhead will get the nod over Harness, which I'm basing off McKenna chucking Davis straight in after signing him - he's not afraid to back a new big signing rather than make them wait for an opportunity.

I trust him to manage it very well but time to be ruthless - if there's a better player available they get to start. Can't rule out Hirst starting for similar reasons but do think Ladapo has shown (recently and in the game against them earlier in the season) that he deserves to start instead.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Team tomorrow on 15:20 - Jan 13 with 1173 viewsKropotkin123

I was thinking the same, but thought Broadhead would get the nod over Harness

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Team tomorrow on 15:21 - Jan 13 with 1169 viewsOldFart71

Thought the fact that Jackson played away at Plymouth was one of the reasons we lost. Playing him wide in front of Donacien allowed Plymouth to overload against Donacien where many times he found himself having to cover two running at him and Jackson was probably played because Burns was injured. Think it would be foolhardy to start Jackson up front as he's o.k. where you want to stretch teams. That isn't my opinion of Plymouth they are a solid bunch who in reality we should have got no worse than a draw against. Really we need the three points, but that depends on every player being at his game as they will be quite content to either grab a point or three.
Team tomorrow on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 1144 viewsitfcjoe

Team tomorrow on 14:51 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Think definitely ten of that line up looks almost certain to start. Broadhead/Harness is the big call, imo. Harness was great against Oxford but far less convincing in other performances since his return from injury. Could see him and Hirst come on together off the bench.

Also think either KVY or Leigh will be on the bench so there's cover for the full backs, although lord knows who will miss out. Aluko offers us control off the bench so tough to leave him out, but Jackson offers pace when the game is stretched and legs are tiring and he can cover a few roles.

Yep, a tough one to pick for that bench....I wonder if Humphreys can deputise as a 10 role there so less need for Aluko?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team tomorrow on 15:32 - Jan 13 with 1125 viewsFrimleyBlue

Team tomorrow on 15:28 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Yep, a tough one to pick for that bench....I wonder if Humphreys can deputise as a 10 role there so less need for Aluko?

You can't lose that experience from the bench Joe. I'd say we lost points in games which had we had Aluko to bring on we may have seen the game out easier as he just knows how to retain the ball.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Team tomorrow on 15:32 - Jan 13 with 1117 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I was thinking Leigh makes that bench to provide cover for the left hand side?

I hope Broadhead starts in place of MH.
Team tomorrow on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 1101 viewsHerbivore

Team tomorrow on 15:11 - Jan 13 by homer_123

Decent signing on fee?

A half eaten packet of Hobnobs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team tomorrow on 15:38 - Jan 13 with 1094 viewsStokieBlue

I think that's pretty much right, although I would like to see Broadhead starting, just that something extra against the top team. We've been struggling to score against some teams with the line-up you've listed there.

Hopefully Hirst will get a good 30 minutes after Lapado has run them around, his finishing looks excellent.

I'd really prefer wingbacks but I know that's not going to happen.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Team tomorrow on 15:39 - Jan 13 with 1087 viewsHerbivore

He can definitely slot into that 10 role but can he keep hold of the ball and find and make space in the same way Aluko does? We really missed the control and composure Aluko can bring when he was injured and not sure we have a like for like, much as Humphreys is quality. The fact it's so hard to pick a bench shows the depth we have now.

Team tomorrow on 15:40 - Jan 13 with 1080 viewscbower

Pretty much agree with your starting 11 and possibility of Broadhead instead of Harness. Feel KVY or Leigh could make the bench in place of Jackson. KVY offers plenty of defensive versatility at both full back positions and also a bit for Burns. With Hladky, KVY, Edmundson, Aluko, Humphreys, Hirst and Broadhead on bench we have complete defensive, midfield and attacking cover. Like you say, tough on those that don't make it. Ridiculous for L1. No excuses.

bluescouser

Team tomorrow on 16:05 - Jan 13 with 1022 viewsstrikalite

Yep agree, Harness will start without a doubt, it's all about that bench in the game now, the days of your best side starting has gone...
Team tomorrow on 16:32 - Jan 13 with 990 viewsclive_baker

I'd probably have KVY on the bench to cover off both fullbacks. Don't see much value in Jackson there, although I expect you're right.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Team tomorrow on 16:38 - Jan 13 with 970 viewsclive_baker

Team tomorrow on 15:35 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Or half uneaten of course, depending on whether you're a packet half full kinda guy.

Welcome back, is it a one in-one out with you and Mony Towbray?

Team tomorrow on 16:38 - Jan 13 with 968 viewsNthQldITFC

Team tomorrow on 15:39 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

He can definitely slot into that 10 role but can he keep hold of the ball and find and make space in the same way Aluko does? We really missed the control and composure Aluko can bring when he was injured and not sure we have a like for like, much as Humphreys is quality. The fact it's so hard to pick a bench shows the depth we have now.

As crazy as it seems to say it on the basis of a handful of games, I don't think he's far off being able to. He has the skills and the composure, perhaps he might not yet have the nous under sustained pressure, but I definitely wouldn't think it a risk to give him that role under instruction. I also love Aluko.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Team tomorrow on 16:39 - Jan 13 with 965 viewsclive_baker

There's always a need for Aluko. He's the GOAT.

Team tomorrow on 16:47 - Jan 13 with 957 viewsEly_Blue

Team tomorrow on 14:29 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

------------------Walton------------------
Donacien--Woolf---Burgess---Davis
-------------Evans----Morsy----------
Burns-----------Chaplin--------Broadhead----
-------------------Hurst------------------

Subs: Hladky, KVY, Leigh, Aluko, Harness, Luongo, Ladapo
Not in squad: Edmundson, Humphreys, Keogh, Jackson, Edwards, Ahadme
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 14:33]

You opt for 2 full backs on the bench and no full time CB when we have 2 not in the squad, that’s too risky imho

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Team tomorrow on 17:04 - Jan 13 with 939 viewsHerbivore

Team tomorrow on 16:38 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

Or half uneaten of course, depending on whether you're a packet half full kinda guy.

Welcome back, is it a one in-one out with you and Mony Towbray?

Think so, pretty sure Phil has some sort of vegan poster quota to fulfill now that it's a protected characteristic.

Team tomorrow on 17:10 - Jan 13 with 915 viewsCityBlue

I think any squad without Edwards, Leigh, KVY and Jackson would seem harsh considering their efforts over past few games but ultimately the gaffer knows best and we have brought fresh talent in for a reason. Our home scoring record sucks compared to the others and also when compared with our away goals scored.
I think we have 1 x CB on the bench and then god knows who else. Can Edwards play in goal?

I T I D

Team tomorrow on 17:56 - Jan 13 with 879 viewsNutkins_Return

Had it the same Joe when I posted other day but Aluko I had for Harness and Chaplin left. Yours is just as likely but we had the same 10 as our nailed on.

My thinking was could see Harness and Hirst on as a pair.

I did add, just wonder if a sneaky temptation to play Humphreys as the 10. He was great other day and must be in such a high and ful of confidence with goal and new deal.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 17:58]
Team tomorrow on 18:12 - Jan 13 with 868 viewsDinDjarin

Brosdhead and Hirst will be impact subs tomorrow
Team tomorrow on 21:23 - Jan 13 with 787 viewsBlueBadger

Team tomorrow on 14:51 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Think definitely ten of that line up looks almost certain to start. Broadhead/Harness is the big call, imo. Harness was great against Oxford but far less convincing in other performances since his return from injury. Could see him and Hirst come on together off the bench.

Also think either KVY or Leigh will be on the bench so there's cover for the full backs, although lord knows who will miss out. Aluko offers us control off the bench so tough to leave him out, but Jackson offers pace when the game is stretched and legs are tiring and he can cover a few roles.

Nice to have you back mate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good shout Joe on 00:54 - Jan 14 with 715 viewsunstableblue

It’s good management to say to Harness and Ladapo, ‘I still believe in you, go and show me why you deserve to keep your place’

But I do think though that McKenna thinks Harness’ form is intermittent. Broadhead has a chance to start.

Bench very hard to call… Leigh may have a chance

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Team tomorrow on 01:04 - Jan 14 with 713 viewshoppy

Team tomorrow on 15:35 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Plain, or chocolate?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Team tomorrow on 13:22 - Jan 14 with 632 viewspointofblue

Walton
Donacien - Woolfenden - Burgess - Davis
Morsy - Evans
Broadhead - Chaplin - Harness
Ladapo

Substitutes: Hladky, Edmundson, Humphreys, Burns, Aluko, Jackson, Hirst

If Ladapo hadn't performed as he did last week I would have said Hirst ahead of him up top.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team tomorrow on 13:31 - Jan 14 with 605 viewsblueislander

Team tomorrow on 13:22 - Jan 14 by pointofblue

Walton
Donacien - Woolfenden - Burgess - Davis
Morsy - Evans
Broadhead - Chaplin - Harness
Ladapo

Substitutes: Hladky, Edmundson, Humphreys, Burns, Aluko, Jackson, Hirst

If Ladapo hadn't performed as he did last week I would have said Hirst ahead of him up top.

No Burns! Are you Frimley’s alter ego?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024