Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember this day 09:57 - Nov 28 with 1411 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone remember this day on 10:13 - Nov 28 with 1372 viewsfactual_blue

Do you mean today?

It's Randy Newman's 74th birthday.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone remember this day on 10:14 - Nov 28 with 1374 viewshype313

Anyone remember this day on 10:13 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Do you mean today?

It's Randy Newman's 74th birthday.

Might be, although tbh my earliest memory is this morning.

Anyone remember this day on 10:18 - Nov 28 with 1363 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone remember this day on 10:14 - Nov 28 by hype313

Might be, although tbh my earliest memory is this morning.

Are you a goldfish?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone remember this day on 10:21 - Nov 28 with 1362 viewshype313

Anyone remember this day on 10:18 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Are you a goldfish?

I didn't know there were so many goldfish jokes. That must be the best one ever then.

Anyone remember this day on 10:33 - Nov 28 with 1351 viewsBrianTablet

Yes.

I was living abroad, in the days before internet-on-your-phone, Jeff Stelling and news everywhere. As such, if you weren't at home on your PC, you only had BBC World Service on long wave radio to rely upon.

And so it was, after a day at the beach, and driving home on the Sunday, waiting desperately (but pessimistically) for the results to come on.
My heart had predicted that Bradford would bottle it, but that we'd end up drawing to Sheffield United anyway, thus handing Bradford promotion.

And finally, the announcer came on....

"Ipswich Town 4, Sheffield United 1."

Yesss! What? Yessss!We'd done our bit, and blimey, 4-1 was a stuffing. Must have been great. Who scored? What happened? Pitch invasion?

The other scores filtered through.....

Con...cen...trate.....

And then...

"Wolverhampton Wanderers 2..."

Bloody helll, YESSSSS!!!!!!!! 2 goals, we've done it!!!! We're up. Bradford have lost. Get in!!!!!

"...Bradford City 3"

Sinking stomach. Blood pressure drops to zero. Downs comes a curtain of despair. No words. Not even 'Sh*t.' Just utter, utter despair.
There wasn't ever any real, open hope. Suffolk pessimism doesn't allow it. But that doesn't mean there was no room for despair.

Still, a few years, and lots of heartbreak later, it was bloody worth it. The best match ever, beating Sam Allardarse, Wembley, Reujser...
Ahhhhh, sighh.......
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 10:45]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Anyone remember this day on 10:35 - Nov 28 with 1332 viewshype313

Anyone remember this day on 10:33 - Nov 28 by BrianTablet

Yes.

I was living abroad, in the days before internet-on-your-phone, Jeff Stelling and news everywhere. As such, if you weren't at home on your PC, you only had BBC World Service on long wave radio to rely upon.

And so it was, after a day at the beach, and driving home on the Sunday, waiting desperately (but pessimistically) for the results to come on.
My heart had predicted that Bradford would bottle it, but that we'd end up drawing to Sheffield United anyway, thus handing Bradford promotion.

Yesss! What? Yessss!We'd done our bit, and blimey, 4-1 was a stuffing. Must have been great. Who scored? What happened? Pitch invasion?

Con...cen...trate.....

And then...

Bloody helll, YESSSSS!!!!!!!! 2 goals, we've done it!!!! We're up. Bradford have lost. Get in!!!!!

"...Bradford City 3"

Sinking stomach. Blood pressure drops to zero. Downs comes a curtain of despair. No words. Not even 'Sh*t.' Just utter, utter despair.
There wasn't ever any real, open hope. Suffolk pessimism doesn't allow it. But that doesn't mean there was no room for despair.

Still, a few years, and lots of heartbreak later, it was bloody worth it. The best match ever, beating Sam Allardarse, Wembley, Reujser...
Ahhhhh, sighh.......

You could see the fans pessimism as Naylors 4th went in, even he knew the game was up.

Strange atmosphere given we beat the Norwich of the north by some hammering, only to feel extremely dejected.

But, alas, as you say fast forward a few years later, that night at PR against Bolton, one of, if not my most memorable games involving ITFC

Anyone remember this day on 10:40 - Nov 28 with 1321 viewsSteve_M

Anyone remember this day on 10:33 - Nov 28 by BrianTablet

Yes.

Con...cen...trate.....

And then...

"...Bradford City 3"

Ahhhhh, sighh.......

Paul Simpson hit the angle of post and bar with a free kick in pretty much the last minute of the other game, would have made it 3-3.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone remember this day on 11:38 - Nov 28 with 1267 viewsPJH

It was a similar scenario in 2000 when David Johnson got our first against Walsall and we were briefly going up automatically rather than Man C but by the time he got our second it was irrelevant.
That one turned out well in the end though.

In answer to OP.yes I remember that day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024