Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup 14:34 - Nov 14 with 1238 viewsMaySixth

horrendous tournament
[Post edited 14 Nov 2021 14:35]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 14:39 - Nov 14 with 1222 viewschicoazul

Yep.
Here’s a curious related fact. Kiwis on their own are intolerable but in a group are great people to be around and Aussies are precisely the opposite.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 14:41 - Nov 14 with 1190 viewsMaySixth

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 14:39 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

Yep.
Here’s a curious related fact. Kiwis on their own are intolerable but in a group are great people to be around and Aussies are precisely the opposite.

I like that.
Bang on from experience.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 14:47 - Nov 14 with 1170 viewschicoazul

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 14:41 - Nov 14 by MaySixth

I like that.
Bang on from experience.

Going for a beer with Matt the Kiwi after work? No way
Going for a beer with Matt the Kiwi and his rugby team after work? Yeah buddy

Exactly the opposite with Brett the bogan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:18 - Nov 14 with 1104 viewscatch74

Williamson just taken 22 off Starc, trying to make a game of it!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:21 - Nov 14 with 1099 viewsSteve_M

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:18 - Nov 14 by catch74

Williamson just taken 22 off Starc, trying to make a game of it!

Might be a costly drop from Hazlewood, Williamson now on 70 from 44. Definitely giving NZ a chance but Aussies kept the score down earlier on, so think they remain favourites.

144/2. Three to go.

Also:

Brutal format.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2021 15:22]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:32 - Nov 14 with 1056 viewsGuthrum

Not at the rate NZ are going in these last few overs!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:48 - Nov 14 with 1020 viewsSteve_M

172/4. Williamson has given NZ a chance from 57/1 after 10!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:50 - Nov 14 with 1009 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I tweeted before the game how the 6/4 on New Zealand was a huge price and backed them accordingly.

Delighted with 172

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:52 - Nov 14 with 998 viewsOldboy

Brilliant tournament.
Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:57 - Nov 14 with 977 viewsX0Y0

Arguably the final should follow a ‘series’ format, akin to American sports (like NBA, MLB) … could be a best of 5, rotate who bats first until it reaches a 5th game as a decider where toss a coin. Winner of each group contests the final.
Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 16:41 - Nov 14 with 901 viewsGuthrum

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 15:57 - Nov 14 by X0Y0

Arguably the final should follow a ‘series’ format, akin to American sports (like NBA, MLB) … could be a best of 5, rotate who bats first until it reaches a 5th game as a decider where toss a coin. Winner of each group contests the final.

Or just play the final during the afternoon rather than in the evening, when the dew is such an issue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 16:56 - Nov 14 with 864 viewsSharkey

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 16:41 - Nov 14 by Guthrum

Or just play the final during the afternoon rather than in the evening, when the dew is such an issue.

I wonder if there could be a handicap system . Before the toss, both captains are asked if they think one team should get given runs. If one captain says , ‘yes, team batting first starts with ten runs on board’ , and the other says ‘ team batting first starts with 20 runs in the board’ then the team batting first would start with fifteen runs on the board.
Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 17:05 - Nov 14 with 831 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Australia have won the toss and therefore the Word Cup on 16:41 - Nov 14 by Guthrum

Surely, if the dew is the issue, that should be all the matches not just the final. Or change the format entirely so one team gets 10 overs, the second team plays their innings and then the first team finishes their innings chasing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024