Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! 17:07 - Jan 3 with 1304 viewstextbackup

draw - means another good result for us, in our quest to over take those above

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:11 - Jan 3 with 1253 viewsbrogansnose

I'm with you, I'm not giving up on this season just yet. Furthermore, if , just if we did get into the playoffs , we'd go up.
13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:13 - Jan 3 with 1249 viewsxrayspecs

Ref added 21 mins. Still going...
13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:16 - Jan 3 with 1207 viewsNthsuffolkblue

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:13 - Jan 3 by xrayspecs

Is it for injuries or time wasting or what?

I see Cambridge had one sent off.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:17 - Jan 3 with 1190 viewsxrayspecs

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:16 - Jan 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is it for injuries or time wasting or what?

I see Cambridge had one sent off.

Medical emergency in crowd.

26 minutes played...
13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:18 - Jan 3 with 1177 viewsTangledupin_Blue

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:13 - Jan 3 by xrayspecs

...and they had a man sent off on the hour mark so fifty-odd minutes with ten men.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:41 - Jan 3 with 1058 viewsronnyd

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:17 - Jan 3 by xrayspecs

Medical emergency in crowd.

26 minutes played...

Seems to be happening on a regular basis at the moment. Perhaps clubs now are more aware of their supporters welfare or it wasn't highlighted as much a while ago.
13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 1028 viewsCheltenham_Blue

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:41 - Jan 3 by ronnyd

Seems to be happening on a regular basis at the moment. Perhaps clubs now are more aware of their supporters welfare or it wasn't highlighted as much a while ago.

I think officials are more aware and maybe there is something of a directive now. The ref stopped the Watford Spurs game so that medical teams could cross the pitch instead of running all the way around.

As many here know I was a Premier League and EFL photographer for about 15 years, and I saw a medical emergency in the stands on average in about 1 in 6 games.

Never in 15 years did I ever see the game stopped because of it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:51 - Jan 3 with 987 viewsSitfcB

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:46 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think officials are more aware and maybe there is something of a directive now. The ref stopped the Watford Spurs game so that medical teams could cross the pitch instead of running all the way around.

As many here know I was a Premier League and EFL photographer for about 15 years, and I saw a medical emergency in the stands on average in about 1 in 6 games.

Never in 15 years did I ever see the game stopped because of it.

Seems since that incident at Newcastle, due to the high profile nature of it, it’s become a thing now. It makes sense to stop the games and let the relevant people deal with it a bit quicker etc.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:56 - Jan 3 with 956 viewsCheltenham_Blue

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:51 - Jan 3 by SitfcB

Seems since that incident at Newcastle, due to the high profile nature of it, it’s become a thing now. It makes sense to stop the games and let the relevant people deal with it a bit quicker etc.

I think Eriksen during the Euros was the catalyst if I'm honest. UEFA came very close to a big name player dying on live TV, broadcast worldwide.

It was really after that the need for prompt defibrillation became really apparent to the football authorities. It must be the first time they ever paid attention to a near tragedy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:58 - Jan 3 with 945 viewsFixed_It

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:51 - Jan 3 by SitfcB

Pretty certain it is a directive from the authorities now. Quite right too. Only problem is people think these medical emergencies are a new phenomena (which they aren't) and jump to all the wrong conclusions...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 18:01 - Jan 3 with 921 viewsChurchman

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:18 - Jan 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

...and they had a man sent off on the hour mark so fifty-odd minutes with ten men.

Wow, Cambridge did well.

In a much more important note, I hope the person who was unwell is ok. 27 mins added time doesn’t sound good.
13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 18:07 - Jan 3 with 896 viewsBlueBadger

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:11 - Jan 3 by brogansnose

I'm with you, I'm not giving up on this season just yet. Furthermore, if , just if we did get into the playoffs , we'd go up.

Same here. It's a long shot, undoubtedly but the 'free hit' and 'this is time to build, this season has gone' is the mentality that saw us get relegated, marooned once and then marooned again.

We might still get marooned again, but we should at least try and fight that fate this season. If nothing else, we'd be in a better state for the next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 18:23 - Jan 3 with 830 viewsEastTownBlue

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 18:01 - Jan 3 by Churchman

Wow, Cambridge did well.

In a much more important note, I hope the person who was unwell is ok. 27 mins added time doesn’t sound good.

Sounds promising...

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 19:50 - Jan 3 with 649 viewsNthsuffolkblue

13mins added on for cambridge vs pompy! on 17:56 - Jan 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think Eriksen during the Euros was the catalyst if I'm honest. UEFA came very close to a big name player dying on live TV, broadcast worldwide.

It was really after that the need for prompt defibrillation became really apparent to the football authorities. It must be the first time they ever paid attention to a near tragedy.

Yes, it does seem to have been straight after that. I am sure there were matches held up before the Newcastle one. Your 1 in 6 seems very high because on that stat, there would be several matches on every full match day that this would be happening in and each team could expect it at their stadium about 4 times a season.

I can recall screens being used to treat a fan in the stand while the game carried on. Must be very difficult for those around but I don't know how much the players would have even known unless it was right at the front of the stand.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024