Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) 17:04 - Dec 29 with 3907 viewsBloomBlue

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 17:30 - Dec 29 with 3894 viewsGeoffSentence

Of course not. Escape To Victory is the best, there were some fine performances in that film.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 17:45 - Dec 29 with 3877 viewsGuthrum

Among them, certainly. But there is a fair bit of stiff competition.

"Tora! Tora! Tora!", "Das Boot" and the 1993 "Stalingrad" to name but three from the Second World War alone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:10 - Dec 29 with 3858 viewsconnorscontract

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 17:45 - Dec 29 by Guthrum

Among them, certainly. But there is a fair bit of stiff competition.

"Tora! Tora! Tora!", "Das Boot" and the 1993 "Stalingrad" to name but three from the Second World War alone.

Or, more recently, "Fury".

I was slightly underwhelmed by "Dunkirk", but it captured an intensity that the earlier Hollywood WW2 epics lacked.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:11 - Dec 29 with 3857 viewssparks

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:10 - Dec 29 by connorscontract

I was slightly underwhelmed by "Dunkirk", but it captured an intensity that the earlier Hollywood WW2 epics lacked.

633 Squadron, Longest Day, Bridge at Remagen, Von Ryans Express,

Battle of Britain, To have and have not.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 18:17]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:27 - Dec 29 with 3838 viewsbrogansnose

Come and See

Das Boot

Not a film but I did like Band of Brothers.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:33 - Dec 29 with 3829 viewsTIB

One for me to watch. I watched Hacksaw Ridge recently which I thought was really good.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:50 - Dec 29 with 3812 viewsfooters

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:27 - Dec 29 by brogansnose

Come and See

Das Boot

Come and See.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Have an uppie.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:59 - Dec 29 with 3795 viewsimsureazzure

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:33 - Dec 29 by TIB

One for me to watch. I watched Hacksaw Ridge recently which I thought was really good.

If the Japs had of cut the ropes holding the scramble net they would have won.
Login to get fewer ads

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 3792 viewsTIB

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:27 - Dec 29 by brogansnose

Come and See

Das Boot

A friend of mine watched Band Of Brothers on repeat and we joked he’d end up joining the 101st...two years later he did

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 3791 viewsimsureazzure

They were soldiers,
Enemy at the gate,
Zulu,
The longest day.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:06 - Dec 29 with 3777 viewsbrogansnose

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:50 - Dec 29 by footers

Come and See.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Have an uppie.

Backatcha baby as evidently you are a gentleman and scholar also.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:12 - Dec 29 with 3769 viewsimsureazzure

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:06 - Dec 29 by brogansnose

Backatcha baby as evidently you are a gentleman and scholar also.

Just looked at come and see on IMDb and is on youtube full film, will watch it.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 3766 viewsfooters

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:12 - Dec 29 by imsureazzure

Brace yourself.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:16 - Dec 29 with 3759 viewsbrogansnose

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:12 - Dec 29 by imsureazzure

Harrowing film Azzurey.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:17 - Dec 29 with 3755 viewsimsureazzure

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:13 - Dec 29 by footers

Brace yourself.

Yes, looks a hard but need to watch movie.
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 19:30 - Dec 29 with 3738 viewsFtnfwest

Bridge on the river Kwai, original Dunkirk, apocalypse now
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 20:18 - Dec 29 with 3691 viewsBLUEBEAT

‘Battle Of The Bulge’ gets me really angry...

When the Waffen SS dress up as US MPs... grrrrr

Poll: W or W

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 3683 viewsPopeadrian64

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 18:10 - Dec 29 by connorscontract

Sahara with Humphrey Bogart.
Band of Brothers is a much watch for everyone and I agree, New Dunkirk was weird and disappointing. John Mills version more believable..
A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 23:47 - Dec 29 with 3592 viewsflimflam

A Winter War (Talvisota - original title) is very good and often over looked.

But for me
A Bridge Too Far
The Longest Day
Zulu
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 23:50]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

A bridge too far, the best war film ever (n/t) on 23:48 - Dec 29 with 3591 viewspistonbroke

Can’t believe that no one has mentioned , the great escape or colditz but escape from sobibor takes some beating
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024