Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Lowe going to Preston 09:19 - Dec 7 with 1569 viewstractordownsouth

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least try to get him. Maybe I’m being deluded but surely the Town job has more potential for success than Preston, who are likely to float around mid table without the scope to go much higher. It’s a bit like when Jack Ross chose Sunderland in L1 over us in the Championship because it was a much better chance of a promotion on the CV.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:27 - Dec 7 with 1471 viewshype313

Cook at 16/1 might be worth a couple of quid...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:28 - Dec 7 with 1462 viewsitfcsuth

No shocks there, it's a better step than coming here.

Don't think he would of jump in Cook's grave here anyway.
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:31 - Dec 7 with 1421 viewsRozz

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:27 - Dec 7 by hype313

Cook at 16/1 might be worth a couple of quid...

Watch Cook take Plymouth up as Champions now...
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:32 - Dec 7 with 1415 viewstractordownsouth

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:28 - Dec 7 by itfcsuth

No shocks there, it's a better step than coming here.

Don't think he would of jump in Cook's grave here anyway.

Is it though? What’s he going to do at Preston except finish mid-table at best and then get sacked when they inevitably have a season of underperformance. Even if he didn’t come here surely staying at Plymouth would have been an option.

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:35 - Dec 7 with 1377 viewsitfcjoe

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:32 - Dec 7 by tractordownsouth

Is it though? What’s he going to do at Preston except finish mid-table at best and then get sacked when they inevitably have a season of underperformance. Even if he didn’t come here surely staying at Plymouth would have been an option.

He’s basically got a free hit this year as miles clear of relegation - 2 transfer windows to shape his squad ready for the season next year.

That’s surely very attractive - barring an absolute disaster he’s got a chance to have a proper tilt at the Championship at an established and steady club close to his home

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:39 - Dec 7 with 1331 viewsElderGrizzly

I think a lot of fans forget how far we have fallen behind the likes of Preston.

Stability in mid-table in the Championship is probably 3 to 4 years away for us.
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:56 - Dec 7 with 1206 viewsmrfixit426

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:39 - Dec 7 by ElderGrizzly

I think a lot of fans forget how far we have fallen behind the likes of Preston.

Stability in mid-table in the Championship is probably 3 to 4 years away for us.

Exactly this. Some of the names being suggested by people on here makes me think a lot of our fans are in cloud cuckoo land. I would ignore the rhetoric being peddled by Ashton and his bursting inbox too. This club has fallen so far. I guess some people just can't, or don't want to see it.
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:59 - Dec 7 with 1173 viewsJDB23

Just because they have been a mid-table team doesn’t mean they can’t progress, look at some of the teams in and around the top 6 this year. If he has faith in his ability I’m sure he’ll think he could take them into the playoffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:01 - Dec 7 with 1146 viewsLeoMuff

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:56 - Dec 7 by mrfixit426

Exactly this. Some of the names being suggested by people on here makes me think a lot of our fans are in cloud cuckoo land. I would ignore the rhetoric being peddled by Ashton and his bursting inbox too. This club has fallen so far. I guess some people just can't, or don't want to see it.

Luckily we seem to have cash which helps, If the timing was right I think we could get Rowe, but certainly not over Preston if their interested.

But the whole Farke, Lampard thing is just way out of our league.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:08 - Dec 7 with 1055 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd be really disappointed if we didn't try and get him but can't argue that Preston is probably a more attractive job. A league above us and with Lowe being a scouser it's probably a chance for him to move back home as well.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:12 - Dec 7 with 1021 viewshype313

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:08 - Dec 7 by BlueBlood90

I'd be really disappointed if we didn't try and get him but can't argue that Preston is probably a more attractive job. A league above us and with Lowe being a scouser it's probably a chance for him to move back home as well.

I know they are all professionals, but I do wonder if would want to step into Cooks grave so soon, seeing as they are best mates.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:22 - Dec 7 with 946 viewstractordownsouth

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:56 - Dec 7 by mrfixit426

Don’t think it’s fair to include me with the people suggesting Lampard and Nuno, if that’s what you’re implying. Lowe is definitely the upper limit of managers we could potentially get.

Obviously 80% of Champ jobs are more appealing than we are, just questioned the potential progression for Lowe after Preston.

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:24 - Dec 7 with 920 viewstractordownsouth

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 09:35 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

He’s basically got a free hit this year as miles clear of relegation - 2 transfer windows to shape his squad ready for the season next year.

That’s surely very attractive - barring an absolute disaster he’s got a chance to have a proper tilt at the Championship at an established and steady club close to his home

Is it not similar to the Jack Ross situation though? Granted it’s only 1 transfer window rather than 2 but Sunderland had potential to go higher than they were at the time, whereas dare I say it Preston are probably near their ceiling, as we were at that point with the budgets provided by Evans.

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:25 - Dec 7 with 906 viewsmrfixit426

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:22 - Dec 7 by tractordownsouth

Don’t think it’s fair to include me with the people suggesting Lampard and Nuno, if that’s what you’re implying. Lowe is definitely the upper limit of managers we could potentially get.

Obviously 80% of Champ jobs are more appealing than we are, just questioned the potential progression for Lowe after Preston.

If that's your honest opinion about the potential of Ryan Lowe coming here, than I absolutely include you in that. Sorry.
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:26 - Dec 7 with 889 viewsRadioOrwell

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:22 - Dec 7 by tractordownsouth

Still baffled why anyone thinks Lampard would be a good idea.
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:34 - Dec 7 with 832 viewstractordownsouth

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:25 - Dec 7 by mrfixit426

If that's your honest opinion about the potential of Ryan Lowe coming here, than I absolutely include you in that. Sorry.

Eh? I think Lowe would be a tough ask to tempt and I doubt he’d take it but it’s not completely out of the question.

If you’re implying Ryan Lowe and Nuno have the same chance of taking the job here I’d suggest I’m not the one in cuckoo land...

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:39 - Dec 7 with 787 viewsmrfixit426

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:34 - Dec 7 by tractordownsouth

Eh? I think Lowe would be a tough ask to tempt and I doubt he’d take it but it’s not completely out of the question.

If you’re implying Ryan Lowe and Nuno have the same chance of taking the job here I’d suggest I’m not the one in cuckoo land...

I'm not sure how you don't understand that there is a level of managers, based on their current positions and potential opportunities, that would be extremely unlikely to ever consider coming to our club.

I made a general observation. You have decided to make that personal.

If you just want to throw insults at me because you don't understand, knock yourself out.
Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:40 - Dec 7 with 775 viewsclive_baker

I'm not convinced we're a bigger pull than Preston right now. They're a club with a great history, albeit some considerable time back. They're safely in the Championship and a nice base off which to build.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 11:01 - Dec 7 with 683 viewsChurchman

Ryan Lowe going to Preston on 10:40 - Dec 7 by clive_baker

I'm not convinced we're a bigger pull than Preston right now. They're a club with a great history, albeit some considerable time back. They're safely in the Championship and a nice base off which to build.

Agreed, we are not a bigger pull than Preston. We have a bigger fan base and that’s about it. They are established Championship, we are established League One. We now have the added problem of being a ‘sacking club’. Why take a sideways move here when he can take a step up at PNE?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024