Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex-Town players: Bradford v Posh 10:40 - Dec 30 with 895 viewsMattinLondon

On Boxing Day I went and saw Bradford v Posh - a match in which there were three ex_Town players featuring in.

I think a few people on here like to know how ex players are keeping do I thought I’d write a little piece - albeit a bit late.

Jack Marriott- must have run miles and miles. His work rate was exceptional. A very unselfish runner who was also very quick over ten metres. Scored two but also missed a couple other chances. On this display I’d say that he is a championship striker - maybe not a top six one but certainly of championship standard.

Steven Taylor
Was plainly obvious that if he was quicker no way would he be in League One. A very good organiser, a very good tackler who was also quite dominant in the air.

Paul Taylor
Very good technically who was good running with the ball and was also a good team player. Maybe wanted too long on the ball and it was quite clear that he desperately wanted to score against his former club. Scored a very good goal.

All in all Posh were good at going forward but lacked something to be a stand out L1 team. Their number 8 and 10 were their stand out players. Sorry I’ve forgotten their names

Bradford lacked a cutting edge and this cost them the match. Nicky Law(s) was good on the ball but his teammates didn’t offer him much in front of him.

Both teams tried to play football on the ground as well.
Ex-Town players: Bradford v Posh on 10:43 - Dec 30 with 860 viewsfergalsharkey

Thats good.
Thanks.

Poll: Cook out?

Ex-Town players: Bradford v Posh on 10:52 - Dec 30 with 836 viewsstrikalite

Seen marriott a few times now and the one thing the lad has as you say is pace over 10 yards and work rate, you can't not notice how much he works that line, he can finish too, even Mick held his hands up to that fact, but he isn't a player for us, Posh generally try to keep the ball on the deck and this suits him obviously..

His stand out game was at home to Rotherham, scored two, hit both post and bar and was easily MOTM....Moore played for Rotherham, scored a lovely header too, totally different players, though both prefer the ball to feet..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024