Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... 18:50 - Sep 22 with 3024 viewsbackwaywhen

That’s 3 in the side against QPR ...why don’t we !
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 18:56 - Sep 22 with 2992 viewsbadadski

Because we have a manager that is as dead set in his ways same as McCarthy in sticking with players that have lost confidence and don't look like they will change in a hurry aka Nolan.
We have so much positive and bright sparks in the under 23's who don't get a look in for players like Nolan who should be chucked in under 23 to get a few goals then maybe come back.
dozell, Hews, El Mizouni, in fact any one who has a bit of positive drive to get through midfield which SKuse was actually doing very well at until he got taken off.
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 18:56 - Sep 22 with 2992 viewsGarv

Because they aren't good enough or are injured. Especially in our situation. Playing Woolfenden or Downes or Nydam isn't going to solve our quality issue.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 2965 viewsstrikalite

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 18:56 - Sep 22 by Garv

Because they aren't good enough or are injured. Especially in our situation. Playing Woolfenden or Downes or Nydam isn't going to solve our quality issue.

But Dozzell even 75% fit, and is, should be at least on the bench..

Nodge are 1 up ffs...
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:05 - Sep 22 with 2931 viewsbackwaywhen

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 18:56 - Sep 22 by Garv

Disagree ...they are better than we are currently shoe horning into the side , Hurst likes to take credit for those he has bought in , but too stubborn to admit he has not got it right .
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:05 - Sep 22 with 2931 viewsipswich93

Maybe not but I always found the nydam and woolfeden lack of involvement bizzare I reckon they would add something maybe not much who knows but it’d be something . Don’t think downes is quite ready yet for week in week out starts
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:08 - Sep 22 with 2884 viewsGarv

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:05 - Sep 22 by backwaywhen

Disagree ...they are better than we are currently shoe horning into the side , Hurst likes to take credit for those he has bought in , but too stubborn to admit he has not got it right .

I think he'll admit its not worked so far. Do you expect him to come out and admit he thinks Nolan Edwards and Harrison etc in fact aren't good enough?

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:11 - Sep 22 with 2861 viewsGarv

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:05 - Sep 22 by ipswich93

Maybe not but I always found the nydam and woolfeden lack of involvement bizzare I reckon they would add something maybe not much who knows but it’d be something . Don’t think downes is quite ready yet for week in week out starts

I like Woolfy. I think it was pretty much proved Hurst got that wrong against Blackburn. I also like Nsiala and Pennington so it's a tricky one. LW can't be upset not to be starting every game so there is an argument for him going elsewhere to get regular games.

I like Nydam but again, for me he looks like a lesser version of Edun to be honest.

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 2493 viewsbackwaywhen

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:02 - Sep 22 by strikalite

But Dozzell even 75% fit, and is, should be at least on the bench..

Nodge are 1 up ffs...

With the 3 youngsters ...see it can work !
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 23:22 - Sep 22 with 2201 viewsipswich93

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:11 - Sep 22 by Garv

I like Woolfy. I think it was pretty much proved Hurst got that wrong against Blackburn. I also like Nsiala and Pennington so it's a tricky one. LW can't be upset not to be starting every game so there is an argument for him going elsewhere to get regular games.

I like Nydam but again, for me he looks like a lesser version of Edun to be honest.

I think what nydam doesn’t currently have going for him is I’d say is strength wise on ball can be a tad easy to knock off it atm so I agree Edun is slightly ahead in progression there hopefully as he gets abit older that’ll develop which I’m sure it will . The Woolfy one still baffles me every time I’ve seen him he’s look really good but what’s done is done hopefully it’s not too long before he gets his proper chance in side in future
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 23:24 - Sep 22 with 2191 viewsdoctorbuzz

Because they didn't play for Shrewsbury.
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 00:01 - Sep 23 with 2093 viewsbluewein

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 19:05 - Sep 22 by backwaywhen

Faking hell. Is there a manager of town who isn’t stubborn nowadays...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 00:02 - Sep 23 with 2075 viewspointofblue

Bearing in mind certain fans were desperately fighting over each other to throw Downes under the metaphorical bus after a poor performance at Hull last week.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 17:52 - Sep 23 with 1634 viewstrev1991

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 20:17 - Sep 22 by backwaywhen

With the 3 youngsters ...see it can work !

It's not exactly a fair stab at Ipswich though is it? At Norwich we spent a total of about £10 million during the Prem years on ensuring and future-proofing category A status for the academy and then another £5million supporters bond more recently.

We have obviously benefited in selling both the Murphy twins for decent fee's (£12m each approx), as well as some sales to lower leagues but sometimes academy's have a situation where a few players come through at once and that's where we're at, thankfully. Obviously Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons have taken headlines but Cantwell has looked good, then Thompson and Idah are on the fringes. Idah having been on Mourinho's radar for a while so entirely possible we lose him before we see him play.
Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 18:33 - Sep 23 with 1574 viewsHARRY10

Norwich have yet another academy player in their side ... on 17:52 - Sep 23 by trev1991

It's not exactly a fair stab at Ipswich though is it? At Norwich we spent a total of about £10 million during the Prem years on ensuring and future-proofing category A status for the academy and then another £5million supporters bond more recently.

We have obviously benefited in selling both the Murphy twins for decent fee's (£12m each approx), as well as some sales to lower leagues but sometimes academy's have a situation where a few players come through at once and that's where we're at, thankfully. Obviously Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons have taken headlines but Cantwell has looked good, then Thompson and Idah are on the fringes. Idah having been on Mourinho's radar for a while so entirely possible we lose him before we see him play.

The problem we have is in not having Cat I, whereby our promising youngsters are snaffled at an early age, with no real compensation being gained further down the line. How many of your emerging youth stars have been picked up from other clubs on the cheap then developed. Even Maddison was picked up on the cheap, as was Lewis. ?

Until Evans puts money in we will not reap the rewards. How many youth centres do they have in our backyard and how many do they have in ours ? Do we find youth prospects overseas or is it that we have not the scouting network ? Instead we rely upon the new manager to being in players he thought were good when he was in LI.

Lack of interest and investment from the top - is not only killing off our club but is driving away interest from the fans who see no improvement or future plan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024