Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) 07:53 - Sep 17 with 1857 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"The Lib Dems got more votes"
#convictionpolitician #initforthelonghaul
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 7:54]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:10 - Sep 17 with 1816 viewsBluefish

An argument that could probably be attributed to why most stay with their party.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:17 - Sep 17 with 1799 viewsbritbiker

Can't stand the bloke. Every time he speaks he claims everything is democratic despite ignoring the referendum vote. Don't care what side anyone voted for, just wish people were honest. If you want to void Brexit just say that but stop ramming the word democratic down our throats in the belief that if you say it enough you can ignore evertything that has already passed.
Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:21 - Sep 17 with 1788 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:17 - Sep 17 by britbiker

Can't stand the bloke. Every time he speaks he claims everything is democratic despite ignoring the referendum vote. Don't care what side anyone voted for, just wish people were honest. If you want to void Brexit just say that but stop ramming the word democratic down our throats in the belief that if you say it enough you can ignore evertything that has already passed.

He is indeed a complete @rris .....they need to keep him away from the cameras.

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:37 - Sep 17 with 1766 viewsmeekreech

More than who , the greens? He is in the un-dems to *uck their chances along with swinson at the next election! All of the politicians who changed party should be made to face the electors in their constituency as they were elected on a manifesto they no longer support.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 09:03 - Sep 17 with 1737 viewswkj

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:37 - Sep 17 by meekreech

More than who , the greens? He is in the un-dems to *uck their chances along with swinson at the next election! All of the politicians who changed party should be made to face the electors in their constituency as they were elected on a manifesto they no longer support.

Although I dont necessarily disagree with your last line, our vote in a GE is technically for the candidate rather than the party. While politicians should be accountable to constituents as par for the course, changing parties is something for the electorate to react to when voting the next time, should they so choose

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 09:15 - Sep 17 with 1720 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nope more than his last lot....the tiggers, who he managed one whole election with.

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 09:25 - Sep 17 with 1710 viewsGuthrum

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 09:03 - Sep 17 by wkj

Although I dont necessarily disagree with your last line, our vote in a GE is technically for the candidate rather than the party. While politicians should be accountable to constituents as par for the course, changing parties is something for the electorate to react to when voting the next time, should they so choose

Parties are artificial constructs. Temporary alliances which have somehow become permanent, long divorced from the original reason for their existence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 09:58 - Sep 17 with 1691 viewsWD19

Fairly, or otherwise, he has managed to cultivate a sense that he has taken a look around the available parties and taken a punt depending on what he thinks will best serve his career. The Lib Dems have very obviously struggled for leaders in recent times so he probably fancies there is a high chance of a future vacancy for an ambitious type like himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:22 - Sep 17 with 1672 viewsJ2BLUE

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 09:58 - Sep 17 by WD19

Fairly, or otherwise, he has managed to cultivate a sense that he has taken a look around the available parties and taken a punt depending on what he thinks will best serve his career. The Lib Dems have very obviously struggled for leaders in recent times so he probably fancies there is a high chance of a future vacancy for an ambitious type like himself.

He would make a great leader. As long as the interviewer promised not to challenge him on anything, ever. He comes across well until the slightest challenge to what he has said and then he looks like a child being told off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:44 - Sep 17 with 1651 viewsBlueBadger

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:22 - Sep 17 by J2BLUE

He would make a great leader. As long as the interviewer promised not to challenge him on anything, ever. He comes across well until the slightest challenge to what he has said and then he looks like a child being told off.

Be fair here, he's only following the same model of leadership that both the Labour and Conservative party's leaders are.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:51 - Sep 17 with 1640 viewswkj

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:44 - Sep 17 by BlueBadger

Be fair here, he's only following the same model of leadership that both the Labour and Conservative party's leaders are.

Drawing inspiration from the scruff lord PM i see

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:59 - Sep 17 with 1631 viewsElephantintheRoom

You misunderstand our democracy. Very few MPs win a majority of the votes in their constituencies - they are just first past the post. They are elected to represent their constituents in a sovereign parliament - most of who almost certainly did not vote for them Therefore its perfectly reasonable for Chukka, the fragrant Heidi Allen and the likes to keep a firm grip on their seats - they represent their constituency - the party is almost irrelevant - and in their cases utterly irrelevant.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 14:01 - Sep 17 with 1577 viewsbritbiker

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 10:59 - Sep 17 by ElephantintheRoom

You misunderstand our democracy. Very few MPs win a majority of the votes in their constituencies - they are just first past the post. They are elected to represent their constituents in a sovereign parliament - most of who almost certainly did not vote for them Therefore its perfectly reasonable for Chukka, the fragrant Heidi Allen and the likes to keep a firm grip on their seats - they represent their constituency - the party is almost irrelevant - and in their cases utterly irrelevant.

Get what your saying. What hspoens at the General Electiion if you are a leaver but believe in the Lib Dem"s local policies. Everyone will assume you have voted remain. This is equally true if you wish to remain but vote Conservative. Having a GE whist in the current climate doesn't allow you to vote for issues outside Brexit.
Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 16:20 - Sep 17 with 1541 viewsKropotkin123

Chuka's rationale for leaving T.I.G (gers) on 08:17 - Sep 17 by britbiker

It is undemocratic to leave the EU with "No deal". This was not the choice that was presented to people on the campaign. What we as a nation were promised falls a long way short.

If they can't deliver on their promise, then present a referendum, so we can have a vote on the reality. It is the most democratic thing to do now, if that is your concern.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024