Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoaldrick 17:50 - Jul 11 with 7215 viewsvapour_trail

Great to see him finally a top flight goal scorer.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

McGoaldrick on 13:45 - Jul 12 with 1269 viewsLibero

McGoaldrick on 12:26 - Jul 12 by patrickswell

He scored 8 goals (no penalties) before Christmas in his last season before the injuries bit again. I think he played more in his last two seasons than he had in his first three.

If that’s the case I’m getting my seasons mixed up and I apologise, I seem to remember a season where he played the majority of games but only scored 4 in open play. It’s possible it was his penultimate season if I’m incorrect.

Apologies if it comes across as misleading.
McGoaldrick on 14:56 - Jul 12 with 1236 viewsITFC_Forever

McGoaldrick on 13:45 - Jul 12 by Libero

If that’s the case I’m getting my seasons mixed up and I apologise, I seem to remember a season where he played the majority of games but only scored 4 in open play. It’s possible it was his penultimate season if I’m incorrect.

Apologies if it comes across as misleading.

I’m sure his final season was the one when a Cardiff player (Loovens?) attempted a live castration on him in around November, which the clown Stroud missed. Up to then, McG had been in good form.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 14:56]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

McGoaldrick on 15:01 - Jul 12 with 1223 viewsfooters

McGoaldrick on 14:56 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

I’m sure his final season was the one when a Cardiff player (Loovens?) attempted a live castration on him in around November, which the clown Stroud missed. Up to then, McG had been in good form.

Yep. Good pub quiz question that. Which player first attempted on-pitch gender reassignment surgery?

It did leave McGoldrick with an awful gash at least.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McGoaldrick on 17:22 - Jul 12 with 1150 viewsHerbivore

It was Sheffield Wednesday but otherwise the post is correct. I don't know how he missed that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McGoaldrick on 17:22 - Jul 12 with 1150 viewsLibero

I remember the tackle and subsequent injury, I stand by my assessment but I accept not many of our support stand with me on this one.
McGoaldrick on 17:31 - Jul 12 with 1139 viewsjeera

McGoaldrick on 17:22 - Jul 12 by Libero

I remember the tackle and subsequent injury, I stand by my assessment but I accept not many of our support stand with me on this one.

You're like a panto villain.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

McGoaldrick on 18:15 - Jul 12 with 1119 viewsITFC_Forever

McGoaldrick on 17:22 - Jul 12 by Herbivore

It was Sheffield Wednesday but otherwise the post is correct. I don't know how he missed that.

That’s it.... knew it was Loovens, couldn’t remember who he was playing for.

Wasn’t it the game that useless lump up-front got a very late equaliser? Nhihu?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

McGoaldrick on 18:32 - Jul 12 with 1105 viewsvapour_trail

McGoaldrick on 17:31 - Jul 12 by jeera

You're like a panto villain.

Oh no he isn’t.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

McGoaldrick on 18:32 - Jul 12 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

McGoaldrick on 18:15 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

That’s it.... knew it was Loovens, couldn’t remember who he was playing for.

Wasn’t it the game that useless lump up-front got a very late equaliser? Nhihu?

Yep, about 5 minutes into stoppage time in a game with no stoppages. Felt rather hard done by I must say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McGoaldrick on 18:43 - Jul 12 with 1094 viewssouthnorfolkblue

McGoaldrick on 09:47 - Jul 12 by Dubtractor

McGoldrick's fitness and consistency since leaving have to raise big questions about how he was managed here.

I know this isn't a new question, but it really jars for me that we got so little from him in the last few seasons.

Throughout his time with us he continued living in Nottingham. That’s a hell of a commute. Sheffield is a lot closer to home and his injury record improves dramatically. That’s more than a coincidence in my book. Personally if somebody was paying me £750k per year, I would have thought about moving closer to my employer if it was affecting my ability to do my job.

Roy Keane was an idiot at many levels, but his insistence that players lived close to the club now makes sense.

Poll: Our final position

McGoaldrick on 08:46 - Jul 13 with 1018 viewsLibero

McGoaldrick on 12:26 - Jul 12 by patrickswell

He scored 8 goals (no penalties) before Christmas in his last season before the injuries bit again. I think he played more in his last two seasons than he had in his first three.

I've just looked this up as I really wasn't sure that you were correct.

Here is David McGoldrick's entire goal scoring record for Ipswich Town...

2012-13 (on loan)
13 appearances, 4 goals

2013-14,
31 appearances, 14 goals

2014-15,
26 appearances, 7 goals

2015-16,
24 appearances, 4 goals

2016-17
30 appearances, 5 goals

2017-18
22 appearances, 6 goals

146 appearances, 40 goals in total, not a great return for a striker that is amongst the top earners in your squad.

But yeah, he did this on a few occasions, so I understand why the fans go all gooey over him...

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 8:57]
McGoaldrick on 09:05 - Jul 13 with 997 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

McGoaldrick on 08:46 - Jul 13 by Libero

I've just looked this up as I really wasn't sure that you were correct.

Here is David McGoldrick's entire goal scoring record for Ipswich Town...

2012-13 (on loan)
13 appearances, 4 goals

2013-14,
31 appearances, 14 goals

2014-15,
26 appearances, 7 goals

2015-16,
24 appearances, 4 goals

2016-17
30 appearances, 5 goals

2017-18
22 appearances, 6 goals

146 appearances, 40 goals in total, not a great return for a striker that is amongst the top earners in your squad.

But yeah, he did this on a few occasions, so I understand why the fans go all gooey over him...

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 8:57]

He’d scored zero goals in 25 games for Sheffield United this year prior to the weekend, and yet their fans would wax lyrical about him

His time here was up sadly - we couldn’t justify continuing to pay a large salary (in our terms) for someone that was injured so regularly and that money could theoretically have been invested elsewhere. Plus with Waghorn, Garner and Sears in the squad we had a decent selection of options until mini-Roy got his hands on the squad

I also do agree that there were times here when he was in and out of the side with injury and struggled to get up to speed. However it was still obvious what a class act he was - and an absolute joy to watch compared to pretty much anyone else to have graced our turf in the last decade

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

McGoaldrick on 09:09 - Jul 13 with 995 viewsLibero

McGoaldrick on 09:05 - Jul 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’d scored zero goals in 25 games for Sheffield United this year prior to the weekend, and yet their fans would wax lyrical about him

His time here was up sadly - we couldn’t justify continuing to pay a large salary (in our terms) for someone that was injured so regularly and that money could theoretically have been invested elsewhere. Plus with Waghorn, Garner and Sears in the squad we had a decent selection of options until mini-Roy got his hands on the squad

I also do agree that there were times here when he was in and out of the side with injury and struggled to get up to speed. However it was still obvious what a class act he was - and an absolute joy to watch compared to pretty much anyone else to have graced our turf in the last decade

Aye, he's undoubtedly naturally talented and enjoyable to watch.

I don't disagree with anything you've said there, I guess I'm just always surprised just quite how how esteem our support hold him in.
He roughly averaged about 24 games and 6 goals a season, I think he had great ability but for the money he was on I want a bit more from our striker than the do a few neat turns and lollypops.

Still, I appreciate I'm in the minority on this.
McGoaldrick on 09:31 - Jul 13 with 986 viewsitfcjoe

McGoaldrick on 18:43 - Jul 12 by southnorfolkblue

Throughout his time with us he continued living in Nottingham. That’s a hell of a commute. Sheffield is a lot closer to home and his injury record improves dramatically. That’s more than a coincidence in my book. Personally if somebody was paying me £750k per year, I would have thought about moving closer to my employer if it was affecting my ability to do my job.

Roy Keane was an idiot at many levels, but his insistence that players lived close to the club now makes sense.

You realise he didn't actually live in Nottingham and commute daily? A lot of footballers have their main family base elsewhere and go there on their days off.

If Chrisophe Berra had a day off he'd drive to Stansted and fly to Edinburgh and back for the day to visit his daughter. Even the manager would do similar, and it is only recently that lambert has moved his family down to the area.

But they are still based here, they don't drive back and forth after training every day.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McGoaldrick on 13:57 - Jul 13 with 950 viewssouthnorfolkblue

McGoaldrick on 09:31 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

You realise he didn't actually live in Nottingham and commute daily? A lot of footballers have their main family base elsewhere and go there on their days off.

If Chrisophe Berra had a day off he'd drive to Stansted and fly to Edinburgh and back for the day to visit his daughter. Even the manager would do similar, and it is only recently that lambert has moved his family down to the area.

But they are still based here, they don't drive back and forth after training every day.

He may not have driven down daily but the difference in playing records is there for all to see. Coincidence? I think not.

Poll: Our final position

McGoaldrick on 14:04 - Jul 13 with 939 viewsDarth_Koont

McGoaldrick on 13:57 - Jul 13 by southnorfolkblue

He may not have driven down daily but the difference in playing records is there for all to see. Coincidence? I think not.

It could be a coincidence though. that's how they work.

Maybe I've got this wrong but seemed as if McGoldrick had a couple of long-term spells on the sidelines and we always tried to get him back as quickly as possible which sometimes led to problems.

But he wasn't a sick note when he was up and running as far as I remember. So it's no surprise or much of a coincidence that in a couple of seasons at Sheff Utd he's avoided the major injuries he got with us in 5 and a half seasons.

Pronouns: He/Him

McGoaldrick on 15:04 - Jul 13 with 910 viewsitfcjoe

McGoaldrick on 13:57 - Jul 13 by southnorfolkblue

Well yes, it is much more likely to be a coincidence or linked to something more relevant.

A couple of 2.5 hour drives a week is hardly a big deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McGoaldrick on 15:07 - Jul 13 with 903 viewsLibero

McGoaldrick on 14:04 - Jul 13 by Darth_Koont

It could be a coincidence though. that's how they work.

Maybe I've got this wrong but seemed as if McGoldrick had a couple of long-term spells on the sidelines and we always tried to get him back as quickly as possible which sometimes led to problems.

But he wasn't a sick note when he was up and running as far as I remember. So it's no surprise or much of a coincidence that in a couple of seasons at Sheff Utd he's avoided the major injuries he got with us in 5 and a half seasons.

I believe he also had injury issues with Nottingham Forrest?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024