Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I like Cook, I like the way he speaks 16:01 - May 13 with 4181 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Obviously I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but he comes across as genuine, passionate about doing things right, and has a bubbly, infectious enthusiasm. If I was a player at Ipswich I'd be getting in early, hitting the gym, and practicing hard. I remember a story of David Beckham having to go home from practicing free kicks because it was too dark and they'd turned the lights off. I'd want players with that attitude.

I hope some of the players I like show that, step up, and stay. For me, this is a long needed overhaul. No sentiment. We just need winners. Are you up for the fight?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I like Cook, I like the way he speaks on 08:16 - May 14 with 223 viewsHerbivore

I like Cook, I like the way he speaks on 07:15 - May 14 by gordon

To be honest I think we should just refuse to compete in League One next year, it's beneath us now. Just demand a Premier League place. Tell Burnley to f**K off back to the lower leagues.

You're not thinking big enough. Real Madrid, Barca, and Juve haven't given up on the ESL yet, I think we should just head straight into a new rejigged ESL with them. To be fair, we have about as strong a claim as Spurs did.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I like Cook, I like the way he speaks on 09:21 - May 14 with 175 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I like Cook, I like the way he speaks on 17:28 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

It shouldn't say a lot. Each player should have their own tailored fitness programme and be monitored to the hilt. It should be easy to see who's doing what's required and to see how they respond to the plan. Assess, modify then re-assess. Rinse and repeat. It's a professional sport where we need to keep people at the top of their game for about 10 months of the year, not some sweaty back street gym where people burn themselves out after a few months. Being first in, last out and doing more than you need to doesn't sound a very clever way of going about things.

I'm not suggesting people burning themselves out after a few months, I'm suggesting working harder to better yourself. I gave the example of Beckham practicing free kicks long after everyone had gone home. That's why he ended up the best at free kicks. Dedication. Going the extra mile. There's no such thing as "doing more than you need" if you want to be the best.

I like Cook, I like the way he speaks on 09:23 - May 14 with 171 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I like Cook, I like the way he speaks on 19:28 - May 13 by gordon

The culture of the club needed to change, but it needed to come from owners, management and senior figures within in the club, people setting higher standards, motivating players, demanding more of the them.

The idea that the malaise at ITFC is a result of the whole of the playing squad just being inherently lazy or whatever is nonsensical.

No-one has suggested "the malaise at ITFC is a result of the whole of the playing squad just being inherently lazy."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024