Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another player collapsed 14:38 - Nov 25 with 6943 viewsJon_456

Wigan have confirmed Charlie Wyke out for the foreseeable after collapsing in training before Cambridge.

There does seem to be an increase in players collapsing over the past year or so.

Are players being trained to push themselves more these days or just a coincidence?

Edit: Was actually in training, not in game.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 14:39]
Another player collapsed on 19:15 - Nov 25 with 2062 viewsStokieBlue

Another player collapsed on 19:04 - Nov 25 by baxterbasics

(Yes I had the Oxford jab.)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 19:12]

The studies thus far have shown that your have a far higher chance of getting heart inflammation from getting covid than you do from the vaccine.

As it stands it would be unlikely that 3 well known people would suffer this in a week given that would be the numbers from a huge number of doses.

SB
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 19:20]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another player collapsed on 19:19 - Nov 25 with 2045 viewsfooters

Another player collapsed on 19:04 - Nov 25 by baxterbasics

(Yes I had the Oxford jab.)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 19:12]

GB News

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Another player collapsed on 19:26 - Nov 25 with 2038 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another player collapsed on 19:15 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

The studies thus far have shown that your have a far higher chance of getting heart inflammation from getting covid than you do from the vaccine.

As it stands it would be unlikely that 3 well known people would suffer this in a week given that would be the numbers from a huge number of doses.

SB
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 19:20]

1 min 26 is revealing on the science we are and are not likely to hear about. I am sure that you and others are entirely open though to hearing things going forward that ideally you might be more comfortable not hearing. Confirmation bias obviously does not apply to all people equally.
Even if studies do show what you say then an individual should be entirely within their rights to attempt to avoid catching Covid and reject vaccination...so far myself and Miss Slave are holding off from having the booster, Junior will likely take her second jab.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another player collapsed on 19:29 - Nov 25 with 2026 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another player collapsed on 19:19 - Nov 25 by footers

GB News

With a consultant cardiologist on...pretty poor but confirmation bias or something Footers old bean.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another player collapsed on 20:03 - Nov 25 with 1982 viewsPhilTWTD

Another player collapsed on 15:46 - Nov 25 by markchips

A real concern and possibly the high press of today could be a contributory factor.

We can only hope he has a speedy recovery.

On a positive note, a bullet dodged by us by not pursuing him in the summer.

There was never any interest in him from Town, I know that for a fact.

All the best to him for his recovery.
Another player collapsed on 20:34 - Nov 25 with 1932 viewsElderGrizzly

Another player collapsed on 14:42 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

Hope he's back to 100% quickly. Bit worrying all these incidents.

For context, between 2014 and 2018, 600 FIFA registered players died from SCA or SCD.

FIFA even keep a Sudden Death registry

These stories are being spin by anti-vaxxers without knowing any facts on the vaccination status or health of those involved at all.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 20:37]
Another player collapsed on 20:36 - Nov 25 with 1920 viewswkj

Another player collapsed on 20:34 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

For context, between 2014 and 2018, 600 FIFA registered players died from SCA or SCD.

FIFA even keep a Sudden Death registry

These stories are being spin by anti-vaxxers without knowing any facts on the vaccination status or health of those involved at all.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 20:37]

" These stories are being spin by anti-vaxxers without knowing any facts "

Not usually their style

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Another player collapsed on 20:39 - Nov 25 with 1919 viewsElderGrizzly

Another player collapsed on 20:36 - Nov 25 by wkj

" These stories are being spin by anti-vaxxers without knowing any facts "

Not usually their style

Lozza Fox has jumped on the bandwagon on this one.

As randomly has Trevor Sinclair by doing the normal Conspiracy thing of ‘just asking a question’
Login to get fewer ads

Another player collapsed on 20:41 - Nov 25 with 1907 viewswkj

Another player collapsed on 20:39 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

Lozza Fox has jumped on the bandwagon on this one.

As randomly has Trevor Sinclair by doing the normal Conspiracy thing of ‘just asking a question’

He's just a crap Lee Hurst

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 20:41]

Crybaby

Another player collapsed on 20:52 - Nov 25 with 1893 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another player collapsed on 18:03 - Nov 25 by baxterbasics

All these young and healthy players collapsing, over the last year or so.

Were they 'vaccinated'?

Not only this.

There has also been an upsurge of fans collapsing at the football grounds. Salford - Bristol Rovers game last night most recent one.
Another player collapsed on 21:00 - Nov 25 with 1868 viewsEdmundo

Another player collapsed on 18:42 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

If it was vaccine related then we would also expect to see large instances of this across all professional sport and also amongst amateurs and as of yet I don't believe there is any evidence of that whatsoever.

The first place people go now whenever anything happens is "were they vaccinated".

Getting pretty sick of it to be honest.

SB

Like whether they have is anyone's business anyhow. It's quite wrong to just start asking questions like that: I totally agree with Novak Djokovic: it is a personal question and not one that should be asked with impunity by a stranger (unless you're in the line at Passport Control etc!)

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Another player collapsed on 22:14 - Nov 25 with 1651 viewsEwan_Oozami

Another player collapsed on 20:52 - Nov 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not only this.

There has also been an upsurge of fans collapsing at the football grounds. Salford - Bristol Rovers game last night most recent one.

A very, very polite question: how do you know it's an "upsurge"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Another player collapsed on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 1644 viewswkj

Another player collapsed on 22:14 - Nov 25 by Ewan_Oozami

I am very sad you didn't see my post about footers and make the reference to your magnifying glass.

Crybaby

Another player collapsed on 22:20 - Nov 25 with 1626 viewsEwan_Oozami

Another player collapsed on 22:15 - Nov 25 by wkj

I am very sad you didn't see my post about footers and make the reference to your magnifying glass.

An upsurge is what you get when you put mentos into a warm can of coke - wouldn't put it past footers to try that....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Another player collapsed on 22:54 - Nov 25 with 1550 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another player collapsed on 22:14 - Nov 25 by Ewan_Oozami

The accidents like that are widely publicised by sports media. We usually hear about 1-2 every season. As for this one it's been a few and it's only November: Newcastle - Tottenham, two fans collapsed during the West Bromwich - Bristol City game, FA Cup game at Dagenham earlier on this month, Salford game last night where the medical staff was needed in the Bristol Rovers' end. Football matches had to be stopped.

Plus there has been a lot of talk about defibrillators at football stadiums. Prior to this season it hadn't been the case.
Another player collapsed on 22:59 - Nov 25 with 1534 viewspositivity

Another player collapsed on 22:54 - Nov 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

The accidents like that are widely publicised by sports media. We usually hear about 1-2 every season. As for this one it's been a few and it's only November: Newcastle - Tottenham, two fans collapsed during the West Bromwich - Bristol City game, FA Cup game at Dagenham earlier on this month, Salford game last night where the medical staff was needed in the Bristol Rovers' end. Football matches had to be stopped.

Plus there has been a lot of talk about defibrillators at football stadiums. Prior to this season it hadn't been the case.

i'd like to see figures to support this before paying much attention; but there are other things increasing in the past few years which are proven to increase the likelihood of heart attacks (obesity, covid, alcoholism, mental health issues) which would be far more likely to cause these issues than a simple vaccine

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Another player collapsed on 23:03 - Nov 25 with 1546 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another player collapsed on 22:59 - Nov 25 by positivity

i'd like to see figures to support this before paying much attention; but there are other things increasing in the past few years which are proven to increase the likelihood of heart attacks (obesity, covid, alcoholism, mental health issues) which would be far more likely to cause these issues than a simple vaccine

We don't know what the reason of those accidents was. It's been more of them than usual.
Another player collapsed on 23:06 - Nov 25 with 1534 viewsnoggin

Another player collapsed on 14:40 - Nov 25 by homer_123

Is it more, or is it being more widely reported?

They train a lot more these days. In the 70s they probably collapsed in pubs or betting shops.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another player collapsed on 23:08 - Nov 25 with 1522 viewspositivity

Another player collapsed on 23:03 - Nov 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

We don't know what the reason of those accidents was. It's been more of them than usual.

maybe, but if there is, there's a myriad more likely causes than a vaccine!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Another player collapsed on 23:18 - Nov 25 with 1495 viewsPhilTWTD

Another player collapsed on 22:54 - Nov 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

It actually happens relatively frequently in the stands. About 20 years ago a chap collapsed next to us in the North Stand and I was talking to someone at the club and they said it wasn't that unusual, had already happened at Town that season, and obviously must have happened at other clubs that season as well.

I think the Newcastle incident where fans alerted the players has led to similar happening elsewhere, hence the greater prominence.
Another player collapsed on 23:55 - Nov 25 with 1427 viewsIllinoisblue

Another player collapsed on 18:03 - Nov 25 by baxterbasics

All these young and healthy players collapsing, over the last year or so.

Were they 'vaccinated'?

He was not vaccinated

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another player collapsed on 00:04 - Nov 26 with 1409 viewsXYZ

Another player collapsed on 23:55 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

He was not vaccinated

I'm still trying to work out the difference between vaccinated and 'vaccinated' in Baxter's post. Why the quote marks?

Anyway, a bit inconvenient, if true, but they'll find another hook to hang their coat on tomorrow, no doubt.
Another player collapsed on 06:48 - Nov 26 with 1204 viewshype313

Another player collapsed on 23:55 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

He was not vaccinated

Neither was Christian Eriksson and Aguero has got history of heart condition.

But won't stop Anti Vaxxers jumping on it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Another player collapsed on 07:19 - Nov 26 with 1177 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another player collapsed on 06:48 - Nov 26 by hype313

Neither was Christian Eriksson and Aguero has got history of heart condition.

But won't stop Anti Vaxxers jumping on it.

I’m no expert but I would have thought that people were more susceptible to long term health issues after having Covid, even asymptotic, than having a vaccine that has gone through rigorous testing before being approved for use.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another player collapsed on 07:22 - Nov 26 with 1174 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another player collapsed on 19:26 - Nov 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

1 min 26 is revealing on the science we are and are not likely to hear about. I am sure that you and others are entirely open though to hearing things going forward that ideally you might be more comfortable not hearing. Confirmation bias obviously does not apply to all people equally.
Even if studies do show what you say then an individual should be entirely within their rights to attempt to avoid catching Covid and reject vaccination...so far myself and Miss Slave are holding off from having the booster, Junior will likely take her second jab.

Why would you hold off having the booster when you have been double jabbed banksy? That makes no sense.

Yiu put oil in your car to protect the engine. When that protection dips after a while, you top up your engine with oil.

The booster is a top up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024