Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. 17:02 - Dec 21 with 6705 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

..how many realistically would listen to him and not see family?

After everything that’s gone on with their secret parties and having us locked down last minute last year after all that sh** about how we can save Christmas in the months leading up to it, only to cancel Christmas yet again last minute.

I just wouldn’t yet again not see family come Christmas Day. I’m sorry if that makes me a c**t but it’s Christmas ffs and I’m triple jabbed now. We’re only in this mess because of those who haven’t had the vaccine but that’s not my fault, nor my problem. And I absolutely doubt I’ve even in the minority having seen twitter today.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:44 - Dec 21 with 1238 viewsfactual_blue

I would do because, like so many of us, I like to think I'm a better person than boris and his disgusting bunch of lickspittles.

And because the scientific advice would be sound.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:48 - Dec 21 with 1227 viewsfactual_blue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:17 - Dec 21 by fabian_illness

I’m praying for a U turn and hope we’re told not to have anyone round.
We have the in-laws coming and could do with Boris doing the right thing for my mental well-being.

Why not just 'test positive'?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:53 - Dec 21 with 1189 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:35 - Dec 21 by J2BLUE

No comment on if it's right or wrong but it's important to remember the restrictions are being suggested by scientists not the government.

The Tories ignoring the rules doesn't mean someone you know won't suffer badly with it or even worse.

Again, not passing any judgement. I am luck enough to see my family very regularly.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 19:40]

Agreed, but the government are the ones releasing them. Like I say, I'll do what's best but you can see why people would say up yours when the govt. don't follow the advice themselves.

On a separate note, I was on the tube yesterday and was amazed at how many weren't bothering to wear a mask in that environment. Bloke next to me was even eating a wrap, which is disgusting at the best of times on the tube so it beggar's belief someone would do it in these times.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:57 - Dec 21 with 1157 viewsStokieBlue

All I would say is that two wrongs don't make a right.

Just because the government are an incompetent bunch of t*ssers who can't follow their own rules doesn't mean people should ignore the rules which are made on the recommendation of scientists who do know that they are talking about and want people to stay healthy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 18:00 - Dec 21 with 1139 viewsPinewoodblue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:57 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

All I would say is that two wrongs don't make a right.

Just because the government are an incompetent bunch of t*ssers who can't follow their own rules doesn't mean people should ignore the rules which are made on the recommendation of scientists who do know that they are talking about and want people to stay healthy.

SB

Not following the guidance because the Government don’t is just a feeble excuse for doing what you want.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 18:00 - Dec 21 with 1135 viewsStokieBlue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:09 - Dec 21 by SitfcB

In answer to your question though I doubt many would’ve followed any rules apart from maybe Stokie.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 17:10]

You're right, I would follow the rules because I'd look at the underlying reasoning and then acknowledge that the experts probably have a point.

In the end I can have a Christmas celebration with my family in January or even April like I did last year. The family occasion is more important than the date is celebrated on.

The most important thing is keeping people safe so most do get to see their families.

SB

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 18:04 - Dec 21 with 1137 viewsfactual_blue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 18:00 - Dec 21 by Pinewoodblue

Not following the guidance because the Government don’t is just a feeble excuse for doing what you want.

...And, as I've said, most of us are better people than boris, jacob and the rest of his disgusting bunch of spoilt public schoolboys.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:04 - Dec 21 with 1060 viewsElderGrizzly

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:40 - Dec 21 by Kieran_Knows

Oh god, here we go. Let’s lock down the country indefinitely.

When it comes to Xmas with my family, I only ever tend to spend time with my Mums side. Of that side, I have 1 ‘vulnerable’ Auntie who has been triple jabbed (and told she requires a 4th jab). She’s happy for Xmas to go ahead, albeit she won’t be staying as long as in previous years. Both my parents and cousin, are triple jabbed, and I’m double jabbed (getting my booster in the New Year to let this sh!t storm settle down) whilst my partner hasn’t had her jab yet as we’re still awaiting the arrival of our little one.

I have been working from home since last Monday due to the arrival of our little one (was meant to be 16th, now looking likely next week). We will take LFT before visiting family over the Xmas period (I was lucky to pick some up last week).

If you tell me that isn’t enough, then what the f**k are we doing getting all these jabs? This country and pandemic is sending people absolutely bonkers.

Not what I said at all.

I’ve said on here before, people do what people do but they have to own that action
Login to get fewer ads

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:08 - Dec 21 with 1054 viewseireblue

For the avoidance of doubt.

Boris is doing these announcements, that reveal no change, because he needs to look authoritative and in charge and try and repair the perception of him from all the party coverage.
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:13 - Dec 21 with 1044 viewsTractorCam

Absolutely not. "Oh sorry family member, you can no longer come round mine on Christmas as Boris said so" a conversation which shouldn't happen anywhere after the last 18 months the tories have had.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:17 - Dec 21 with 1049 viewsBlueBadger

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:43 - Dec 21 by SitfcB

How long did it take to learn with the flu when it was first found? Because that’s what we’ve got to do with this otherwise we will be going round and round in these damn circles for ever.

It took us around 60 million deaths worth of 'learning to live with it' through the various pandemics of the 20th Century.

The Swine flu outbreak of 2009 came pretty close to overwhelming services, as well.

https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/communicable-diseases/influenza/pandem
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 19:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:32 - Dec 21 with 1010 viewsIllinoisblue

Stop referring to him as Boris. He’s not your mate. You didn’t call Blair “Tony”.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:38 - Dec 21 with 994 viewsjas0999

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:09 - Dec 21 by SitfcB

In answer to your question though I doubt many would’ve followed any rules apart from maybe Stokie.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 17:10]

I would! But in fairness had planned many business meetings with ‘colleagues’ over the Christmas period. Lots of wine as part of those meetings.
I might start calling him..... on 19:45 - Dec 21 with 970 viewsBloots

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:32 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

Stop referring to him as Boris. He’s not your mate. You didn’t call Blair “Tony”.

....Bozza.

Big Boz.

Big Bad Bozza.

The Bo-Dog.

Big Balls Bo-Dog.

Etc, etc.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:48 - Dec 21 with 959 viewsEdwardStone

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 17:15 - Dec 21 by Kieran_Knows

No I wouldn’t have listened to him and followed any new restrictions.

Sue me.

I'm not sure that Covid goes around suing people who takes risks

However, I'm sure that it does kill some of those who take risks and it also kills some of those who the risk takers have passed it on to
I might start calling him..... on 19:49 - Dec 21 with 952 viewsIllinoisblue

I might start calling him..... on 19:45 - Dec 21 by Bloots

....Bozza.

Big Boz.

Big Bad Bozza.

The Bo-Dog.

Big Balls Bo-Dog.

Etc, etc.

I’m sticking with C-unit

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yeah, that works too. (n/t) on 19:50 - Dec 21 with 941 viewsBloots

I might start calling him..... on 19:49 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

I’m sticking with C-unit

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I might start calling him..... on 19:51 - Dec 21 with 931 viewsHerbivore

I might start calling him..... on 19:45 - Dec 21 by Bloots

....Bozza.

Big Boz.

Big Bad Bozza.

The Bo-Dog.

Big Balls Bo-Dog.

Etc, etc.

The Bo-Lock

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:58 - Dec 21 with 896 viewsPendejo

My father was due to come to us on 27th December for a week or so, but because of "the virus" my sister has decided to keep him in Ipswich.

As carers for my uncle we will be seeing him, however, youngest offspring tested positive for COVID yesterday, the day she was due to take her driving test. So, do I still bring him here and keep her shut away in her room, or take Christmas to him?
Yep, going to have to take Christmas to him....

Today we started organising for our staff to WFH for the next 2 weeks.

If we get locked down my company will have to shed staff... Probably, but also probably we need a lock down...

OR

Compulsory vax and lock down of the un-vaxed only

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 20:10 - Dec 21 with 875 viewsfactual_blue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:32 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

He's boris. Not Boris.

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 20:41 - Dec 21 with 828 viewsLeoMuff

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 19:58 - Dec 21 by Pendejo

My father was due to come to us on 27th December for a week or so, but because of "the virus" my sister has decided to keep him in Ipswich.

As carers for my uncle we will be seeing him, however, youngest offspring tested positive for COVID yesterday, the day she was due to take her driving test. So, do I still bring him here and keep her shut away in her room, or take Christmas to him?
Yep, going to have to take Christmas to him....

Today we started organising for our staff to WFH for the next 2 weeks.

If we get locked down my company will have to shed staff... Probably, but also probably we need a lock down...

OR

Compulsory vax and lock down of the un-vaxed only

They will never make it compulsory, would tear the Tory party to bits.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:03 - Dec 21 with 790 viewsElderGrizzly

This has to be wrong. You don’t lockdown based on London

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/new-restrictions-england-avoided-hospital-admi
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 21:04]
If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:17 - Dec 21 with 759 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 18:04 - Dec 21 by factual_blue

...And, as I've said, most of us are better people than boris, jacob and the rest of his disgusting bunch of spoilt public schoolboys.

And the TWTD 38% seemingly. I’m surprised so many on here have reached the point of giving up. I’d like to think people would realise 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but seemingly not. And maybe it’s unfair to blame people for being selfish when they continually see the government being selfish. It’s another reason why this government isn’t fit to govern and needs to go.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:47 - Dec 21 with 727 viewsStokieBlue

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:03 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/new-restrictions-england-avoided-hospital-admi

I'm also not convinced you'd base it entirely on hospitalisations at this time given many (ie. most) experts are saying hospitalisations lag cases by around 2 weeks.

SB

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:55 - Dec 21 with 691 viewsJ2BLUE

If Boris locked us down for Christmas.. on 21:03 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

You might if London is ahead of the rest of the country.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024