Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caster Semenya.. 21:28 - Aug 7 with 8235 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A never ending debate in athletics.

Should she be allowed to run?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Caster Semenya.. on 21:37 - Aug 7 with 5752 viewstractornat

Yes. She's been humiliated to prove she's a women. If she doesn't take any performance enhancing drugs then it's not her fault her testosterone is slighty higher. Who's to say this isn't an evolution of humanity eventually? Is it any different from Bolt or phelps' body been slightly abnormal with their stature and body structure.

Poll: Who would you prefer, McCarthy or Holloway????

Caster Semenya.. on 21:38 - Aug 7 with 5740 viewsgtsb1966

What you meant to ask was should she be allowed to run in women's races I do believe.
Caster Semenya.. on 21:42 - Aug 7 with 5706 viewsBlueBoots

As an anagram of her name is "Yes, A Secret Man", I would say not...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Caster Semenya.. on 21:43 - Aug 7 with 5706 viewsRIPbobby

Maybe they should call in Mick Dundee to do his test on her?
Caster Semenya.. on 22:00 - Aug 7 with 5638 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Caster Semenya.. on 21:38 - Aug 7 by gtsb1966

What you meant to ask was should she be allowed to run in women's races I do believe.

That's what I meant

Her testerone is 3 times higher than the average woman. But.. it ain't her choosing so it's a tough one

Caster Semenya.. on 22:06 - Aug 7 with 5597 viewsclive_baker

Caster Semenya.. on 22:00 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

That's what I meant

Her testerone is 3 times higher than the average woman. But.. it ain't her choosing so it's a tough one

It's not a tough one at all. She's genetically female so why shouldn't she be allowed to compete?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Caster Semenya.. on 22:20 - Aug 7 with 5539 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Nope. Think of the women who have to race Caster, there isn't one of them who thinks it's fair if truth be told.

BOT

Caster Semenya.. on 22:21 - Aug 7 with 5532 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Caster Semenya.. on 22:06 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

It's not a tough one at all. She's genetically female so why shouldn't she be allowed to compete?

I think she should be allowed

But with her having three times more testosterone, and therefore an unfair advantage, I can see why it is up for debate

Login to get fewer ads

Caster Semenya.. on 22:23 - Aug 7 with 5526 viewsgtsb1966

Read this Rommy. Although not what your question is about it is quite shocking to think it made her go from a woman to a man. I remember the story. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Krieger
Caster Semenya.. on 22:27 - Aug 7 with 5476 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Caster Semenya.. on 22:23 - Aug 7 by gtsb1966

Read this Rommy. Although not what your question is about it is quite shocking to think it made her go from a woman to a man. I remember the story. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Krieger

Bl00dy hell

That's awful

Caster Semenya.. on 22:32 - Aug 7 with 5464 viewsclive_baker

Caster Semenya.. on 22:21 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

But with her having three times more testosterone, and therefore an unfair advantage, I can see why it is up for debate

Where do you draw the line though? Testosterone categories like boxing has weight classes? You could argue there's always something that differentiates the best from the rest. There's a reason Anthony Joshua is a heavyweight boxer and Rylan Clark isn't but I wouldn't say it's an unfair advantage, it's just nature. She's got a fanny, she's a female.

Caster Semenya.. on 22:51 - Aug 7 with 5417 viewsMelford

She was born with a minge so she's a woman. It's like saying ban Usain Bolt who's a physical freak whose legs are so long he takes one stride when 'normal' athletes have to take 1.5-2 to cover the same ground. He's built physically differently and he's taken full advantage of that to become a supreme athlete. Caster's doing the same.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Caster Semenya.. on 07:30 - Aug 8 with 5195 viewsSWGF

Caster Semenya.. on 22:51 - Aug 7 by Melford

She was born with a minge so she's a woman. It's like saying ban Usain Bolt who's a physical freak whose legs are so long he takes one stride when 'normal' athletes have to take 1.5-2 to cover the same ground. He's built physically differently and he's taken full advantage of that to become a supreme athlete. Caster's doing the same.

Thank you, doctor. No further questions, your honour.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Caster Semenya.. on 07:37 - Aug 8 with 5182 viewsunbelievablue

Yes, obviously. Gripes.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Caster Semenya.. on 08:06 - Aug 8 with 5125 viewsHerbivore

Everyone has different genetics though and there are lots of athletes who have natural physical advantages over their competitors. Listening to them debate it on the Beeb last night though it does seem there's a reasonable solution in the case of someone like Semenya, she could take medication to reduce her testosterone production to a more 'normal' level. Perhaps that would be a reasonable compromise, but then you potentially open up a can of worms where by any athlete with a natural physical advantage could be given a handicap to try to level the playing field.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Caster Semenya.. on 09:05 - Aug 8 with 5054 viewsitfcjoe

Of course, she's a woman

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Caster Semenya.. on 09:09 - Aug 8 with 5047 viewsStokieBlue

Can you name a sportsperson at the top of their sport who doesn't have an unfair advantage due to genetics?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Caster Semenya.. on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 4986 viewsclive_baker

Caster Semenya.. on 08:06 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

Everyone has different genetics though and there are lots of athletes who have natural physical advantages over their competitors. Listening to them debate it on the Beeb last night though it does seem there's a reasonable solution in the case of someone like Semenya, she could take medication to reduce her testosterone production to a more 'normal' level. Perhaps that would be a reasonable compromise, but then you potentially open up a can of worms where by any athlete with a natural physical advantage could be given a handicap to try to level the playing field.

Agreed, a few years ago you would've had Bolt starting 5 metres further back than the rest, Federer using a wooden racket, Phil Taylor throwing blindfolded and Jay Tabb having to play in lead boots. #legend.

Caster Semenya.. on 09:48 - Aug 8 with 4967 viewsBlueBadger

Caster Semenya.. on 22:20 - Aug 7 by BorisOrTrevor

Nope. Think of the women who have to race Caster, there isn't one of them who thinks it's fair if truth be told.

Losers frequently do complain how unfair it is that the other competitors were better than them, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Caster Semenya.. on 10:01 - Aug 8 with 4937 viewsBlueBadger

Caster Semenya.. on 09:09 - Aug 8 by StokieBlue

Can you name a sportsperson at the top of their sport who doesn't have an unfair advantage due to genetics?

SB

Well, quite. Mo Farah and pretty much every Ethiopian distance runner are a prime example. It's a dodgy road to be going down is that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Caster Semenya.. on 10:32 - Aug 8 with 4893 viewsblue_oyster

Who'd have thunk giving one person more 'rights' would infringe on the rights of others, eh?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Caster Semenya.. on 10:41 - Aug 8 with 4883 viewsSteve_M

Caster Semenya.. on 10:32 - Aug 8 by blue_oyster

Who'd have thunk giving one person more 'rights' would infringe on the rights of others, eh?

Would you care to define more rights here?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Caster Semenya.. on 11:04 - Aug 8 with 4852 viewsblue_oyster

Caster Semenya.. on 10:41 - Aug 8 by Steve_M

Would you care to define more rights here?

The rights of people to change from their birth sex, which blurs the lines between men and women.

Caster Semenya.. on 11:32 - Aug 8 with 4807 viewsclive_baker

Caster Semenya.. on 11:04 - Aug 8 by blue_oyster

The rights of people to change from their birth sex, which blurs the lines between men and women.

What's that got to do with this thread?

Caster Semenya.. on 11:40 - Aug 8 with 4785 viewsblue_oyster

Caster Semenya.. on 11:32 - Aug 8 by clive_baker

What's that got to do with this thread?

This thread wouldn't exist if there was a clear definition of men and women, would it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024